What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newtown Jets

Let us not forget our reserve grade / feeder team Newton, whose season proper commences tomorrow. I can't make it there tomorrow arvo but Henson Park and the Golden Barley Hotel do provide a good day out. Quite a few familiar Shark identities in the team.

here's the latest from the Jet's website

Newtown Jets has named its team for the VB NSW Cup Round 1 clash versus Wests Tigers being played at Henson Park, Saturday 7th March, 3pm kick-off.

Many thanks to our Player Sponsors listed in brackets.

1. Nathan Gardner (VIP Management)
2. Blake Judd (Golden Barley Hotel)
3. Sami Sauiluma (Charles Bailey Urbane Property Inner West)
4. Blake Ayshford (Wyong Golf Club Brasserie)
5. Dallas Wells (Golden Barley Hotel)
6. Kyle Stanley (Undercover Music)
7. Todd Murphy (Marrickville Prestige Smash Repairs)
8. Tim Robinson (Dave Nelson)
9. Pat Politoni (Select Music)

10. Andrew Pearn (Alan Bell & Patrick Zahra)
11. Junior Roqica (Nifty Foods)
12. Patrice Siolo (Deicorp)

13. Kurt Kara (Discount Ski Tubes & Gear)

14. Nesiasi Mataitonga (John Cahill & Jennifer Malone)
16. Kurt Dillon (Steven Helmich)
17. Ray Moujalli (Craig Leonard)
20. Jack Noble (Good Fellows)
21. Leonardi Fetuani (Crust Pizza Dulwich Hill)
22. Jordan Galloway (BRI Ferrier)

Coach: Greg Matterson (Botany View Hotel)

Saturday, 7th March at Henson Park is to be designated as BLUEBAGS DAY in tribute to the passing in recent months of famed Newtown RLFC identities Brian “Chicka” Moore, Frank Farrington and Horrie Kessey. We are encouraging supporters to wear retro Newtown items such as the classic Bluebags jersey (available on our merchandise website), the style of jersey that was worn by the legendary Chicka Moore in his Newtown RLFC playing days between 1962 and 1973.

There will be a minute’s silence prior to the kick-off.

Junior Sharks join the Jets at Henson
After a narrow loss and a draw in games played against the Bulldogs, our NRL partner the Sharks junior rep teams also play at Henson Park this weekend where they will take on the Sydney Roosters.

All Newtown members, supporters and friends are invited to the GOLDEN BARLEY HOTEL after Saturday’s matches at Henson Park. The GOLDEN BARLEY HOTEL is located at 165 Edgeware Road Enmore.

Sami is one of ours too, Tom.
the Barley is a great pub, was my local for about 15 years until I moved back to the burbs. In saying that the last two times I've been to a pub in the last few weeks has been at the Barley.
go figure.
can't make it tomorrow but will venture there a few times this season

ghoti

Bench
all sharks members get free entry to henson park btw - stoked about, henson's a 15 minute walk from my joint.

i almost bought a jets membership this year which came with three sharks home game tickets that i was gonna give to my girlfriend...but was rendered unnecessary.

Panda Power 78

Juniors
Sami is one of ours too, Tom.
the Barley is a great pub, was my local for about 15 years until I moved back to the burbs. In saying that the last two times I've been to a pub in the last few weeks has been at the Barley.
go figure.
can't make it tomorrow but will venture there a few times this season

& Dallas Wells http://www.sharks.com.au/team/profiles/dallas-wells.html

& I'm pretty sure Tim Robinson is not a Cronulla player anymore , signed to Newtown.

shaggs

Coach
Bird and Holmes will both play 20s if they don't play nrl this week and be expected to dominate.

ghoti

Bench
Saulima was a monster with ball in hand. Buuut, miserable ball control.. Will pressure Leutele hard if he can hold onto the pilll

bluefox1968

Juniors
So, final score -14-24 L.

Which tells us, Tigers have got a good side, OR the guys in reserve grade belong there ATM...

The Popper

Bench
I didn't know Sharks fans got in for free. I paid.
I thought we were pretty bad. So did others. I was sitting in the stand in the same area as lots of Newtown fans. A small number of them were chanting `Roosters, Roosters' and when I went to another area I heard a bloke say to another bloke `We shoulda stayed with the Roosters'.
Ayshford was probably one of our better players. Roquica was good in spits and spurts but he missed a few tackles too.

shaggs

Coach
Haha Newtown supporters thinking that the jets get to choose who they are linked with. It would be like Wyong saying thanks roosters but we want Melbourne.

Panda Power 78

Juniors
Yep , Sami S was the pick of our guys & Gards tried hard.
It was very hot at game time , you could see both sides were struggling in the 2nd half.
Flanno was there in a Newtown shirt.
Once again I was quite underwhelmed by Todd Murphy , I don't want to deathride the guy but by what he's shown so far , he's doesn't seem like he could handle NRL.

SG Ball & HMs had very good wins.

Panda Power 78

Juniors
I didn't know Sharks fans got in for free. I paid.
I thought we were pretty bad. So did others. I was sitting in the stand in the same area as lots of Newtown fans. A small number of them were chanting `Roosters, Roosters' and when I went to another area I heard a bloke say to another bloke `We shoulda stayed with the Roosters'.
Ayshford was probably one of our better players. Roquica was good in spits and spurts but he missed a few tackles too.

I think the reason they were chanted "Roosters" was they played in the HMs & SG Ball.
The reason Newtown broke off their relationship with Easts was they weren't releasing their players back to Newtown.
Newtown's coach has been very outspoken about this & why Gorman & Flanno addressed the Bluebag faithful at the season launch , to assure them it wouldn't happen with Cronulla.