What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newtown Junior Jets

Booyah

Bench
What's the story with this mob? They've been floating around the Souths juniors comp for a while but I've never actually played against them because I think they're mainly in A grade and A reserve.

Tomorrow we play a trial against them and I was just wondering if anyone had a bit of background info.

Bluebag

Juniors
This is actually the third year of the juniors, it started off with only 6 teams and last year was 17 and this year 20 teams. Where is the trial tomorrow and what time.

Jeffles

Bench
They are a great club. Their work in attracting new players to RL in a setting where people are leaving the sport is to be commended.

Booyah

Bench
It was at Coogee Oval at 1pm. I'll let you know next time we play them.

They were pathetic by the way. They copped an absolute toweling and decided they'd resort to cheap thuggery to win the match. That didn't work either because we simply responded in kind and I think quite a few of those boys woke up this morning feeling a bit sore and sorry for themselves.

I know it was only a trial but they have a lot of work to do if they're going to be competitive this year.

Jeffles

Bench
Are you in the Under 19s? Newtown JRLFC have 2 of the 6 sides in that comp. One of them beat Mascot in a trial last week.

Newtown Ear

Juniors
I believe this is the same dirty Coogee Wombats side, that a parent came onto the paddock and smashed one of the players teeth in!
The same Newtown side that beat Mascot last weekend!

Coogee Wombats founded 1930's - 17 sides
Newtown Junior Jets founded 2003 - 20 sides

What have Coogee been doing for the past 70 YEARS ???!

Jeffles

Bench
Newtown have come onto the scene in leaps and bounds.

They now have a new president who commands a lot of respect. In accordance with his wishes, I now call him "El Presidente" or "Mr President".

Booyah

Bench
Newtown Ear said:
I believe this is the same dirty Coogee Wombats side, that a parent came onto the paddock and smashed one of the players teeth in!
The same Newtown side that beat Mascot last weekend!

Coogee Wombats founded 1930's - 17 sides
Newtown Junior Jets founded 2003 - 20 sides

What have Coogee been doing for the past 70 YEARS ???!

I don't give a rats arse what you say about the Coogee Wombats. They're not my club, so please, don't hold back on my account.

Are you in the Under 19s? Newtown JRLFC have 2 of the 6 sides in that comp. One of them beat Mascot in a trial last week.

Yeah there was a bit of confusion about that actually. Do they have different names or are they simply Newtown A and Newtown B?

Jeffles

Bench
They are the same club. They just field two sides. I hears they would be called Newtown Blue and Newtown White to avoid confusion.

Booyah, what age group are you?

That fracas with the Wombats - that was a Junior Jets player that got attacked, right?

If it is, I know that kid (he's the grandson of Charlie Meader - the man our Henson Park Centennial gates are named for). He's now playing junior rep footy for St. George, so I've heard.

Booyah

Bench
I'm not going to deny that Coogee have had their problems. I'm not aware of the circumstances around them because this is my first year with the club.

They are the same club. They just field two sides. I hears they would be called Newtown Blue and Newtown White to avoid confusion.

Booyah, what age group are you
Cheers for clearing that up Jeffles. I hear Mascot also have 2 sides. That should be interesting.

I play in the 19's comp.

Jeffles

Bench
One of Newtown's 19's sides is the CBHS Lewisham First 13 from last year (give or take a few). They wanted to stick together and play footy after they left school. Good for them.

There is a team in the 21's called St Mary's Old Boys. I figure these are the alumni of St Mary's Cathedral College, my old stomping ground. I wish them all the best (except when they play Newtown).