What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newtown v Western Suburbs: Preliminary Final 28-09-2008

Jeffles

Bench
Here's the team. Kick off at Campbelltown Stadium at 12pm.

NEWTOWN:

1 Don Thompson
2 Shaun Foley
3 Danny Howard
4 Toshio Laiseni
5 Byron Ford
6 Sean Rudder ©
7 Ben Jones
8 Steve Meredith
9 Rory Kostjasyn
10 Ray Moujalli
11 Jimmy Andersen
12 Mickey Paea
13 Hep Cahill

INTERCHANGE
14 Martin Kennedy
15 Jake Friend
16 Daniel Green
17 Shane Shackleton
20 Khalid Deeb
21 Anthony Cherrington

Coach: Greg Matterson

WESTERN SUBURBS:

1. Shannon Gallant
2. Nick Taylor
3. Peni Tagive
4. Nu Akeripa
5. Shannon McDonnell
6. Trent Cutler
7. Nathan Waters
8. Daine Laurie
9. Stuart Flanagan
10. Ryan O'Hara
11. Corey Vlaciky
12. Rocky Trimarchi
13. Dean Rysko

14. Michael Stolk
15. Nua Alone
16. Simon Dwyer
17. Allen Soultan
18. Luke Young
19. Adam Bennett
20. Aaron Firman

Coach. Leo Epifania

-----------

Who is making the trip? Only $10 entry. I'm looking forward to it.

baddog

Juniors
radio conversation picked up at midday sunday:

"mayday, mayday, mayday, i'm hit, aarrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!"

then silence

crash burn and die jets!

NZ Jet

Juniors
Good luck Jets - this is a pretty good side, so no excuses.

....Mind you, getting to play Wests at Wests home ground doesn't seem like that much of a reward for being first qualifyer into the preliminary final. Maybe there's AFL finals on at Henson?

Go Jets!

I'll be there with bells on!

But have to question the location of these games. Why Cambo? I mean it's not very central to most of the teams playing and it's not even neutral! I would have thought a ground like Parra (even if it was going to be more expensive to hire) would have been a more logical ground to play at....?

Still.... guess the Maggies will need all the help they can get - the Jet Army will be on the march to Cambo - watch out!!!!!

baddog

Juniors
Good luck Jets - this is a pretty good side, so no excuses.

....Mind you, getting to play Wests at Wests home ground doesn't seem like that much of a reward for being first qualifyer into the preliminary final. Maybe there's AFL finals on at Henson?

Go Jets!

getting to play the magpies at our home is the sort of gift santa gives to only the very best little kiddies. consider yourself blessed.

Jeffles

Bench
Cambo was chosen well in advance by the NSWRL to host the finals. That Wests are still there works in their favour.

Belmore, Kogarah and Concord are venues that spring to mind that are accessible to more fans and would have been available to host NSWRL finals without worries about "home" venues.

To be fair to the NSWRL, they probably made the very logical assumption that the Maggies season would have already been over. Oh yeah, I went there. Bring it on!

baddog

Juniors
To be fair to the NSWRL, they probably made the very logical assumption that the Maggies season would have already been over. Oh yeah, I went there. Bring it on!

it was a very cunning plan by the magpies to win three straight spoons in order to get the rails run to the centenary season grand final wasn't it.

Jeffles

Bench
Cunning plan indeed. They even let in 60 points in multiple games. Unfortunately that plan will be undone on Sunday.

So where is eveyone going to sit? Think all us Bluebags should sit together, make a bit of noise and cheer the boys on.

On the older grandstand side?

Who is bringing the ripped up phone book?

Jeffles

Bench
The view from the lower level of the old grandstand it pretty ordinary. If it is a nie day, I might go to the eastern side. Good view and with a 12:00pm kickoff it is unlikely the sun will be in our eyes.

greg

Juniors
I'll be there with bells on!

But have to question the location of these games. Why Cambo? I mean it's not very central to most of the teams playing and it's not even neutral! I would have thought a ground like Parra (even if it was going to be more expensive to hire) would have been a more logical ground to play at....?

Still.... guess the Maggies will need all the help they can get - the Jet Army will be on the march to Cambo - watch out!!!!!

Yes strange choice of venue, I personally was hoping for it to be at Skilled Park Robina.:sarcasm:
Anyway, go you bluebags.

Well I am pretty pumped and I am not even going, pretty jealous about that. HPH if you could SMS the scores to my missus i would forever be in your debt :)

Latest posts