What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next assignment (Semi-final) - Manly

Parra4ever

Juniors

Semi - Final

Week One
Now it's official, we will play against Manly on Sunday at 3 PM. We defeated them by 6 points in Round 11. The Semi-finals are different story, every team in the top 8 is desperate to win. The only advantage we have is that we will play Manly on our own ground. The way the boys were playing in the last few weeks (slow motion then pick up the momentum at the later stage) is not an ideal way of playing football during the semi-finals. At the start of the bell (first half) the boys should play 200 km/hr otherwise we will end up "playing catch-up football" at the end.

Gameplan against Manly are as follows:

A) Excellent Attacking Game
B) Excellent Defence
C) Excellent Kicking
D) Avoid Playing Catch-Up Football
E) Good Sets Of 6
F) Presence Of Minds
G) No Complacency
H) Minimize "Silly" Mistakes
I) Discipline

Eelementary

Post Whore
Manly are not exactly in the same calibre as Brisbane, Saints or us...

Thus Manly getting off to a brilliant start wouldn't worry us much I don't think.

They're off spouting their mouths like this match will be a contest.

Sorry, but if we;re fair dinkum, and we are, it will be a no-contest. If this was a fight, it'd be called off 2 minutes into the first round.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Manly are not exactly in the same calibre as Brisbane, Saints or us...

Thus Manly getting off to a brilliant start wouldn't worry us much I don't think.

They're off spouting their mouths like this match will be a contest.

Sorry, but if we're fair dinkum, and we are, it will be a no-contest. If this was a fight, it'd be called off 2 minutes into the first round.

hindy_fan

Juniors
i think its funny how manly win one game and all of a sudden they think their unbeatable.manly do not deserve to be in the top eight and on sunday they will find that out.

fridge

watmough and ben kennedy are so important to manly. we should target them to make them tired and we'll win for sure. without them there is no go forward.

in saying that, i dont think manly played particularly well yesterday, i thought the raiders lost the game. u cant blame the raiders, they had nothing to play for, and their best player is nearly in retirement. they just didnt fire as a team.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I know Manly's sh-tt and dont deserve to be there, but I wont be disappointed if we beat them by just 10-20 points. Cause we need the tough stuff in the finals, I just hope we win thats all.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't care if we win by 1 or by 1 million.

I don't care what people would say if we only beat them by 1 point.

Look at the Dragons - they nearly blew it against the Wooden Spooners. Do they care? No - they won.

I don't care about Kennedy and Watmough - Morrison is twice the player Watmough is, and Kennedy will be coming up against either Wagon or Robinson - his toughest match-up in weeks.

We have stronger defence than them and more creativity.

Plus their idiotic comments made my blood boil.

On my command, Brian, unleash Moi Moi at them - let's see if Tezza and BK are so pleased to be playing us when Moi Moi tears them a new hole.

Miss_Eels

Juniors
PARRA_FAN said:
I know Manly's sh-tt and dont deserve to be there, but I wont be disappointed if we beat them by just 10-20 points. Cause we need the tough stuff in the finals, I just hope we win thats all.

To be honest, I'll be happy if we win by just 1 point. It doesn't really matter in the finals what the margin is, as long as we win. It also sounds like Manly will be fired up...and it is do or die for them so it can turn out to be an incredibly tight game. Hopefully we will prevail