What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next coach sacked 2024

Bazal

Post Whore
I reckon Payten can coach. I think the Cows roster is horribly overrated and imbalanced. He inherited most of it. And it's a bit of a tough place to attract players...interesting if he does get the sack to see whether a club in a better position would have a crack.

Tbh I'd have him at Parra over most of the spuds being suggested in the media

Wb1234

Referee
I reckon Payten can coach. I think the Cows roster is horribly overrated and imbalanced. He inherited most of it. And it's a bit of a tough place to attract players...interesting if he does get the sack to see whether a club in a better position would have a crack.

He looked good when he took over at the warriors

Vee

First Grade

We've paid 900k for nanai and 800k for luki this year. Imbalance? Hell yeah.

And losing gould
Yep would've been really interesting to see what Gus could've been done on pathways here if covid hadn't messed things up. But I do wonder if he and owner Robinson would've eventually clashed at some stage. Anyway, we're in a better spot now.

I'll be spewing if Parra try to buy Webby out of his contract like they floated on 360 last night though.

Wb1234

Referee
Yep would've been really interesting to see what Gus could've been done on pathways here if covid hadn't messed things up. But I do wonder if he and owner Robinson would've eventually clashed at some stage. Anyway, we're in a better spot now.

I'll be spewing if Parra try to buy Webby out of his contract like they floated on 360 last night though.
Yeh on the last bit

Webster could be a one year wonder though

you’ve now got Arthur Madge and Hillbrook who all want jobs and are better imo

if they miss the eight this year I would punt him

Yeh on the last bit

Webster could be a one year wonder though

you’ve now got Arthur Madge and Hillbrook who all want jobs and are better imo

if they miss the eight this year I would punt him
He could be a one hit wonder yes, that's always a possibility when anyone (player or coach) kicks off their career with a bang. But I would keep him, even if we miss this year. I think he's shown enough to deserve a decent shot at showing he can learn from failure.

If we did go looking for another coach I wouldn't be upset with BA. Love Madge but I think his intensity wouldnt suit our playing group over a full season. He obviously worked well with the Kiwis in short rep bursts, but he'd probably put some of the Warriors boys into therapy.

MKCS

Juniors
Parra really are stupid unless they have some kind of plan up their sleeve that I haven't thought about but just let the following points sink in:

- They've sacked Brad Arthur which is admittedly fair but the caretaker coach is Trent Barrett who is one of the worst NRL head coaches of all time and has broken records with how bad he is. They would've been better off sacking Arthur at the end of the year.

- They sacked Arthur without having a replacement. Who are they going to get? Michael Maguire? No way is he leaving NSW Head Coach for the Eels. Holbrook? Less experienced and accomplished than Arthur. Ryles? Never coached first grade so very risky. Barrett? See above.

Wb1234

Referee
Parra really are stupid unless they have some kind of plan up their sleeve that I haven't thought about but just let the following points sink in:

- They've sacked Brad Arthur which is admittedly fair but the caretaker coach is Trent Barrett who is one of the worst NRL head coaches of all time and has broken records with how bad he is. They would've been better off sacking Arthur at the end of the year.

- They sacked Arthur without having a replacement. Who are they going to get? Michael Maguire? No way is he leaving NSW Head Coach for the Eels. Holbrook? Less experienced and accomplished than Arthur. Ryles? Never coached first grade so very risky. Barrett? See above.
Apparently chasing Madge or slater

Latest posts