What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next coach sacked 2024

Wizardman

First Grade
What Seibold achieved at Brisbane was as good as a premiership for nearly everyone else -

Brisbane Broncos winning the Wooden Spoon.
I could not agree more. I never thought that day could ever be possible in my lifetime. That really should have closed the book on his NRL coaching career right there.

eagles4eva

First Grade
I could not agree more. I never thought that day could ever be possible in my lifetime. That really should have closed the book on his NRL coaching career right there.
The the club destroying Penn's saw differently, signed this ass-clown...

any chance seibs gets axed for ba ?

Is it just me that gets rubbed the wrong way when coaches front up to the board demanding contract extensions?

Recruitment and retention is a matter for the club and it just smacks of arrogance when the coach starts making demands on that front.

Good on Manly’s management for stating negotiations will be on their terms and not Seibs terms.

Reactions: Vee

beave

Coach
I reckon Payten can coach. I think the Cows roster is horribly overrated and imbalanced. He inherited most of it. And it's a bit of a tough place to attract players...interesting if he does get the sack to see whether a club in a better position would have a crack.

Tbh I'd have him at Parra over most of the spuds being suggested in the media

Ah that's not true mate.

The only 2 players that were not signed under his watch was Taumalolo and Holmes.

The current roster sans the above 2, is all on him.

• Angry
Reactions: Vee

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Is it just me that gets rubbed the wrong way when coaches front up to the board demanding contract extensions?

Recruitment and retention is a matter for the club and it just smacks of arrogance when the coach starts making demands on that front.

Good on Manly’s management for stating negotiations will be on their terms and not Seibs terms.
Certainly is a Seibold move on Anthony’s part

Bazal

Post Whore
Ah that's not true mate.

The only 2 players that were not signed under his watch was Taumalolo and Holmes.

The current roster sans the above 2, is all on him.

How many were new players that he signed?

I wasn't clear in my post that I don't think he's blameless for the squad, so that's on me. I do think he's retained existing players because that's easier than going to market, esp as a rookie coach. The Chad was absolutely on overs from day one - but also, I don't think any NRL club these days has the coach as the sole recruiter.

I guess what I'm saying is that I think Payten can coach and that I don't think the Cowboys were maybe the best first club for him. It might be that he can coach but can't manage a roster, but I think he walked I to a situation that will take more than a few seasons to resolve

Chimp

Bench
Funny how the Roosters and Robbo don’t come under fire from the media.
The most stacked squad in the comp, and years of failure.
This year, there’s been plenty of talk about the Sharks being overrated/soft draw etc etc, yet they’re 9-3 and have beaten the Roosters. The Roosters on the other hand win some, lose some, have been beaten by the ‘overrated’ Sharks, and now beaten by a completely depleted Cowboys, yet I bet there’s no noise about their form or Robbo’s position. Even taking into account they lost Teddy late, they should have slaughtered the Cows today.

Latest posts