What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next coach sacked 2024

Bazal

Post Whore
Holy shit, truly? He absolutely wins then. Guy has had a hell of a life.

Yeah man. Signed for 09,10,11...took us on that insane run in 2009 (well, he let Jarryd Hayne have the freedom to anyway lol) then came 12th in 2010 and was sacked in September. In real terms we'd only dropped 2 more games than 2009, missed the finals because of that. Tbh the Kingston debacle probably made the difference between the 10 wins we got and 14 or 15 with him in the side, plus we lost some super underrated effort players in Joe Galuvao and Tood Lowrie.

Brutal decision that tbh set up the decade that was the 2010s for us. We'd been hit and miss since 2001 but we were a basket case from that point.

The bloke can coach, and he's a super good dude too if a little bit of a weird unit, shame he never got a good run of it.

This Year?

Immortal
94ustt.jpg

soc123_au

Staff member
Personally I think we're all on Team Barrett for the Broncos job.
If the Broncos are serious they will sort out their top 5 candidates and then run a poll here to decide who gets it. make it top 10 candidates, want to make sure TBaz is one of the options.

MRN

Bench
No idea if Brent Read is a reputable source or not but he was talking on Triple M about an hour ago. He was saying Madge is pretty much a done deal. Apparently Madge has wanted the job the last two times and is champing at the bit to be the Broncos coach. I'll take it with a grain of salt as I'm not familiar with Reads work in terms of his sources. If true I'm sure certain old boys will have a whinge, but the team needs a Madge style rocket up them so I hope it is true and he is that keen for the job. If he is that keen though, geez he'll need results because unfortunately he'll probably be under a microscope early on.

Diesel

Referee
No idea if Brent Read is a reputable source or not but he was talking on Triple M about an hour ago. He was saying Madge is pretty much a done deal. Apparently Madge has wanted the job the last two times and is champing at the bit to be the Broncos coach. I'll take it with a grain of salt as I'm not familiar with Reads work in terms of his sources. If true I'm sure certain old boys will have a whinge, but the team needs a Madge style rocket up them so I hope it is true and he is that keen for the job. If he is that keen though, geez he'll need results because unfortunately he'll probably be under a microscope early on.
Reads a Broncos fan, he’ll have the good oil on the donkeys