What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Time On An All New TV General Discussion Thread

Matua

Bench
Sorry to see it end. Was a good ending with his trademark grin, which was normally followed by someone getting their arses kicked or meeting their maker.
I wonder if he'll do more acting. And also, what on earth was he doing all these years?

bileduct

Coach
Halfway through White Lotus and enjoying it

I really enjoyed all of it, even the ending. Lots of people pissed about it though, and it has spawned some pretty heated discussions concerned who is the "worst" character on the show.

PJ

First Grade
I really enjoyed all of it, even the ending. Lots of people pissed about it though, and it has spawned some pretty heated discussions concerned who is the "worst" character on the show.

I found it lagged a little in eps 4-5, I guess the only ones that were likeable characters for me were the teenage boy, the salon manager and the older guy who comes in later.

Alexandra Daddario's boobs also seem to have fallen away from the spectacular days of True Detective and San Andreas

bileduct

Coach
I found it lagged a little in eps 4-5, I guess the only ones that were likeable characters for me were the teenage boy, the salon manager and the older guy who comes in later.

Alexandra Daddario's boobs also seem to have fallen away from the spectacular days of True Detective and San Andreas

Sydney Sweeney has a massive rack though.

Reactions: PJ

Game_Breaker

Coach
Impeachment: American Crime Story

About the Clinton Lewinsky affair. First episode dropped last week and its captivating. Very intriguing with a great cast

shiznit

Coach
Anyone watching Reservation Dogs on Disney+?

Taika Waititi’s name is attached to it but I think he didn’t do much more than attach his name to get it green lit for another indigenous creator… 😂😂

great f**king show from what I’ve seen… funny as hell.

Matua

Bench
Anyone watching Reservation Dogs on Disney+?

Taika Waititi’s name is attached to it but I think he didn’t do much more than attach his name to get it green lit for another indigenous creator… 😂😂

great f**king show from what I’ve seen… funny as hell.
This is great, but not the sitcom some people might think of it, the latest episode was deep. Bill Burr turning up was a surprise.

TBF, in those early episodes I can see lots of Taika's style in the humour, which is likely attributed to him and the indigenous creator have similar sensibilities. But I think in a parallel universe their could be a show called Marae Dogs which is the exact same show set in NZ.

shiznit

Coach
This is great, but not the sitcom some people might think of it, the latest episode was deep. Bill Burr turning up was a surprise.

TBF, in those early episodes I can see lots of Taika's style in the humour, which is likely attributed to him and the indigenous creator have similar sensibilities. But I think in a parallel universe their could be a show called Marae Dogs which is the exact same show set in NZ.
Yup… definite similarities for sure….

PJ

First Grade
Really enjoyed first season of Trapped on SBS go.

Will start season 2 soon.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Wheel of Time starts in a few weeks.

As a very long time reader I'm really hoping they nail it. Obviously going to have to compress some storylines but as long as they adapt well it will be amazing. Early previews look promising.

PJ

First Grade

As a very long time reader I'm really hoping they nail it. Obviously going to have to compress some storylines but as long as they adapt well it will be amazing. Early previews look promising.

I was a big fan of the first few books then it got way too complicated with too many characters before Sanderson somewhat redeemed it at the end. Always seemed to me a story too hard to adapt.

As many reviewers have said, desperately wants to be next Game of Thrones (I believe Bezos ranting "I wnat my GOT" lead to this starting) but way ahead in that Game of Thrones took years to turn to crap where as this just went there from the start.

Casting looked very much like they were trying to balance diversity quotas. Trollocs and Myrdahhl were good. I know it is subjective but Morraine was the only one that was close to how I'd imagined. Lan absolutely nothing like it (I'd always pictured him like on the Eye of the World cover in a full suit of armour) and Rand is giving me Hayden Christenson's Anakin vibes.

Can't see anyone who hasn't read the books being drawn in like Game of Thrones did, largely due to the characterisations and more fantastical storylines and thus will be very surprised if it runs to the end.

Want to improve soon or I doubt I'll make the end of the season.

aussie7798

First Grade

If you like the books prepare for disappointment first 3 episodes are as bad as i could have imagined. Just a complete butchering.

Reactions: PJ

t-ba

Post Whore

As a very long time reader I'm really hoping they nail it.

As someone who managed to get through the books, I wouldn't bother.

It was...bad. Doesn't help when the bad scripting is supplemented with special effects so bad that they would have been out of place in Xena: Warrior Princess.

It's a little annoying because I reckon they nailed Perrin and Mat on casting.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
As someone who managed to get through the books, I wouldn't bother.

It was...bad. Doesn't help when the bad scripting is supplemented with special effects so bad that they would have been out of place in Xena: Warrior Princess.

It's a little annoying because I reckon they nailed Perrin and Mat on casting.
Well, there is already a recasting of Mat...

Vic Mackey

Referee
South Park: Post Covid

The new special on paramount +

My God Matt & Trey continue to nail everything. I’d found the last 2 specials good, but this one is next level. Goes for an hour but doesn’t drag, just brilliant. Set 40 years from now so they’re all adults. It some of their best work.

azzah72

Bench
Is anyone watching the new Dexter series?

I personally haven't started but I would be intrigued to see what people think.

As a massive fan of the original series and completely disappointed with the finale, I am really hoping this one is good.