What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Time On An All New TV General Discussion Thread

azzah72

Bench
Anyone seen The Magician?

Ray Shoesmith, former soldier turned hitman, was first sketched by Ryan in the late 1990s for a student project at RMIT, and introduced to the wider world in The Magician, a critically acclaimed but little-seen mockumentary released in 2005 (there’s a lovely little nod to the film in the penultimate episode of this season, a gift, Ryan says, for the loyal fans who’ve been there from the beginning, and maybe an invitation to more recent ones to “go and do a deep dive and find the film”).

I have, it's rough but pretty good.

Mark B

Juniors
Sorry to see it end. Was a good ending with his trademark grin, which was normally followed by someone getting their arses kicked or meeting their maker.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Anyone seen The Magician?

Ray Shoesmith, former soldier turned hitman, was first sketched by Ryan in the late 1990s for a student project at RMIT, and introduced to the wider world in The Magician, a critically acclaimed but little-seen mockumentary released in 2005 (there’s a lovely little nod to the film in the penultimate episode of this season, a gift, Ryan says, for the loyal fans who’ve been there from the beginning, and maybe an invitation to more recent ones to “go and do a deep dive and find the film”).

It’s no where as good as mr inbetween. Think of it as a long pilot episode that required a lot more work. Though for the money it cost to make. It’s a fair result.

Parra

Referee
Have you watched “The Virtues” with Stephen Graham? Another really good short series.

No I haven't and thank you. Trailer has me hooked. Both of these remind me of Boys From the Black Stuff. Familiar with that (it's goes back a bit - 1980's)

Exsilium

First Grade
No I haven't and thank you. Trailer has me hooked. Both of these remind me of Boys From the Black Stuff. Familiar with that (it's goes back a bit - 1980's)
That looks really interesting. I’ve got a soft spot for British drama and comedy. Was always a Bottom fan. Rik Mayall was very talented.

Incorrect

Coach
Have you watched “The Virtues” with Stephen Graham? Another really good short series.
The virtues is good. Stephen Graham is a top notch actor. I've only just got around to watching the This is England movie and TV spin-offs. So good. You would swear they were legit filmed in the 80's and early 90's, so authentic.

Watched the first season of "The Prince "last night.
An animated series about Prince George & life with the royals.
Made by Gary Janetti (producer ofFamily Guy).he also is the voice of Young George. & at times he sounds suspiciously like Seth MacFarlane .
Hilarious pisstake of the royals .
If you like Family Guy then this should be a must watch .
IMDb rating is poor ..lol likely due to the countless 1/10 ratings by offended English folk .

Game_Breaker

Coach
Watched the first season of "The Prince "last night.
An animated series about Prince George & life with the royals.
Made by Gary Janetti (producer ofFamily Guy).he also is the voice of Young George. & at times he sounds suspiciously like Seth MacFarlane .
Hilarious pisstake of the royals .
If you like Family Guy then this should be a must watch .
IMDb rating is poor ..lol likely due to the countless 1/10 ratings by offended English folk .

I've seen snippets of this
looks hilarious