What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next TV rights deal part 2

Are you happy with the new TV deal?

• Total voters

Edwahu

Bench
1.9+ with the rest of the rights, so pretty consistent with expectations. Why not just round up to 2 billion though lol.

Tommy Smith

Referee
So not even 2billion. And the ridiculous Friday 6pm timeslot.

A very, very poor deal. And all involved should be sacked.

Look at these dickheads saying its a great deal for fans, the best ever, blah blah blah.
It's a f**king atrocious deal for the fans.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Do we really need NRL on 5 days a week? Massive oversaturation.

Crowds will indeed be atrocious.

The only positive is that I never have to hear Ray Warren commentate an NRL game again (minus the GF).

BunniesMan

Immortal
The number is disappointing because we went from virtually equal to the AFL to being 30% below them. 1.8 v 2.5 bill.

But the importance of the dollar value has always been secondary to me. It's not money going into my bank account. I've always cared most about what the fan is getting. And it seems the tv coverage is better than it used to be.

It's a win for fans. But not so much for the wages of the players and officials. But oh well, they're rich enough.
Very average deal. Dave Smith was on the path of winning one over news ltd and the NRL have just caved now he is gone.

It is average because of him.

Latest posts