What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Year Is Looking Very Positive

Vicious

Bench
If we can sign Jamie Lyon I think an elite player like him will be all we need to turn into one of the heavyweights of the competition.Other positions that we may be a little light on in will be more than adequately filled by some of our emerging youngsters.

My prospective team for next year is:
1.Brett Hodgson
2.Paul Whatuira
3.Bronson Harrison
4.Jamie Lyon
5.Pat Richards
6.Benji Marshall
7.Scott Prince
13.Liam Fulton
12.Dene Halatau
11.Anthony Laffranchi
10.John Skandalis
9.Ben Galea
8.Todd Payten

14.Robbie Farah(when he is on Galea can move to the back row)
15.Jeff Lima
16.Bryce Gibbs
17.Mark Meredith

A Combimbed Premier League Side Could Be:
1.Simon Greally
2.Dean Collis
3.John Wilson/Jamie Szczerbanik
4.Shane Elford
5.Jermaine Alberts
6.Ben Reynolds/Dean Caldwell
7.Jamie Nowland
13.Nick Kouparatsis/Nigel Plum
12.Tim McGann/Jarrod Saffy/Abraham Pritchard
11.Chris Patterson/Bryan Dickson/Andrew Hampson
10.Matt Jobson/Mick Harper/Jermaine Awahou/Ewen Cameron
9.Daniel Fitzhenry/Isaac De Gois
8.Brock Hunter/Aaron Sweeney/Ben Weir/Chris Young

Famous1

Juniors
Bronson Harrison will not push paul whatiru to the wing, i cant imagine this happening. Where Oh Where do we put players

Vicious

Bench
does anyone think Nick Kouparatsis can push for a f.g spot ? ive seen him play a bit of p.l and he is pretty good
_
Yeah,I reckon he`ll push very strongly for a 1st grade spot,but he`ll have to well and truly earn it.
Bronson Harrison will not push paul whatiru to the wing, i cant imagine this happening. Where Oh Where do we put players
Bronson is too good to remain on the bench next year.Since we are very strong in the back row,I can`t see why Bronson shouldn`t be moved back to his original spot in the centres.Whatuira could always play in the centres if we got injuries!

Tigerpete

Juniors
I'll be very surprised if Bronson doest at least start next season from the bench, besides he's unlikely to play centres, he's far more likely to end up in the back row somewhere. Whattuira is a centre and will play as a centre, Elford depending on the Lyon situation may be forced to the wing, (sheens did say that Lyon moving here could force a reshuffle of the backline) Elford to wing is one i believe would happen.

oro

Juniors
Hey Guys

I can't see Jamie Small's name in either the NRL team or P/L. He had another strong game against Souths last week and unless he is joining another team, he has to be a chance of NRL selection.

Meredith has hardly played a game all year so it would be difficult to see him in the NRL team ahead of Small?

Vicious

Bench
Mark Oniell?
Robert Miles?
Craig Stapleton?
Robert Mears?
O`Neill will no doubt slot in there somewhere.Miles is off contract,Stapleton hasn`t been signed and Mears is no certainty of being resigned either.
I'll be very surprised if Bronson doest at least start next season from the bench, besides he's unlikely to play centres, he's far more likely to end up in the back row somewhere. Whattuira is a centre and will play as a centre, Elford depending on the Lyon situation may be forced to the wing, (sheens did say that Lyon moving here could force a reshuffle of the backline) Elford to wing is one i believe would happen.
I believe Elford is far too slow to play on the wing.Isn`t that the reason we didn`t keep Covell???Elford has had his good games in the centres for us,but he`s also had quite a few ordinary ones.Bronson is a blockbusting runner of the ball and i`d like to see him on the field for the full 80mins.That`s not going to happen if he has the extra defensive workload of playing in the forwards.

Vicious

Bench
Hey Guys

I can't see Jamie Small's name in either the NRL team or P/L. He had another strong game against Souths last week and unless he is joining another team, he has to be a chance of NRL selection.

Meredith has hardly played a game all year so it would be difficult to see him in the NRL team ahead of Small?
I`ve seen Jamie Small play quite a few times and he gives his all each and every time.But in saying that he`s not very big for a prop causing him to come off second best in a lot of colisions.He`s very tough and it doesn`t worry him,but we need big strong props who are going to constantly put a dent in the defence.He has a heart as big as Phar Lap,but just isn`t quite the athlete needed to make a big impact in todays game IMO.

oro

Juniors
I agree that he isn't the biggest prop, but ask the Rabbitoh defenders on the end of some his runs who they rate.

The great John Sattler wasn't an overly large man either from what I am told.

Vicious

Bench
oro said:
I agree that he isn't the biggest prop, but ask the Rabbitoh defenders on the end of some his runs who they rate.

The great John Sattler wasn't an overly large man either from what I am told.
It`s not just lack of size.I`ve seen him with his shirt off and he doesn`t seem to be overly muscular around the chest which is a must if you are a forward giving away size.His fitness is also a bit of a worry IMO.Also his aggression.I haven`t seen any indication to him being very aggressive.Can any of the regular watchers enlighten me on this???

Vicious

Bench
Nitekrwlr said:
Wilson, Fitzhenry and Renoylds should be there somewhere. (ahead of Whatuira and Fulton atleast)
Why???How many times have you seen Fulton play???If you don`t rate him,get out to Leichardt Oval tonight at 6:30pm and tell me what you think of him after that???

Vicious

Bench
Nitekrwlr said:
i've seen him play. i think Wilson and Fitzhenry are better atm
Put it this way.I believe Fulton will become a Rep Player.What are the chances of either Wilson or Fitzhenry ever playing Rep Football???In my opinion,NONE!

Nitekrwlr

Juniors
Well i'm not going to put him ahead of two regular tryscores because of what he might be. He'll get his chance eventually though he has talent.

Vicious

Bench
I can see your point of view.There are many supporters who are worried about having too many inexperienced players in the same side.But particularly if we can sign Jamie Lyon,I reckon the confidence in these young players(ie Fulton,Harrison,Farah,Greally,Collis) would skyrocket.

jy

Juniors
i think the reshuffle that would occur would be lyon spending a lot of time in the five eighth role

Latest posts