What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next year's expectations

Ausguy

Coach
Hi all,
i was just wondering what you guys here on the forum are realistically expecting from the team next year. Everytime we have a coaching change or get a new high profile player we have gone into the year with such high expectation only to be dissapointed. What im looking for next year is to have a year where we are consistant, i mean we were 3rd after round 16 last yr and lost 10 straight that is not consistant. Im not sure what team from last year id like the boys to perform like next year (apart from brisbane) but maybe the knights or dogs, you know just always in the 8 and always a good (not great and not bad) performing team and steer clear of any form slumps. Then the year after i think we can turn it up a bit and really go for a higher position. your thoughts....

Sharkie™

Juniors
anything below top 6 will be unacceptable in my eyes. im sick of accepting average performances from this team. i expect a vast improvement and now demand perfection.

i know im tough and my expectations are more then likely to high for this club but i dont give a f**k.

Foz

Bench
I expect bottom 4 but hope I'm wrong.
Anything above 12th would be a pass with our cattle.

metalshark

Juniors
IMO we have a solid forward pack and a backline with potential. The areas that need improvement are the coaching and the halves. Im confident sticky can sort out those problems by early next season which leaves us with a top 8 side.

Predicted 6th finish

Inferno

Coach
I was going to start this topic today with a poll, just beat me.

Honestly I expect us to miss the 8. If we make it, its a bonus but I won't be getting too excited unless we make it past the first week. I see us finishing about 10th.

Quigs

Immortal
It all depends on whether our blokes play as professional rugby league players or overpaid imposter who have exagerated opinions of their skills and own importance within the club.

I expect a big improvement next year.

But anything will be an improvement on 12th or whatever sh!thouse result George Roper and the Imposters got us in 2006. Munch will depend on their attitudes and the big if.. if they are allowed to get away with attitude.

But hey I look foward, I dont look back.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Go Nulla

Bench
Being a 40 year Shark I have no expectations only dreams that I probably will take to the grave with me.

zeppelin

Juniors
I'm an eternal optimist. Every year i reckon we can win the comp, every year i am dissapointed.

I just hope we see the club heading in the right direction both on and off the field

Windy70

Juniors
Dont't know why....can't put it down to anything in particular. But I can feel it in me bones for a pretty good year. I'm thinkin top 8, maybe top 6.

We got some players that have things to prove and a coach in the same boat.....I'm just confident and lookin forward to it.

The Popper

Bench
Go Nulla said:
Being a 40 year Shark I have no expectations only dreams that I probably will take to the grave with me.
Hang in there, GN. There's a few of us here. As you are well aware, every year starts with hope and ends in tears. One day it's gonna change. I just hope I'm around to see it. Chin up!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
All I expect is improvement. It's too early to speculate on what level of improvement though.

4 more wins in 2006 would of seen us in the semis. I'd like to think that's attainable at least.

Macca

Coach
I expect to be in the finals. I don't think it's acceptable to expect less.

I want the trophy and it is a possibility, but I wouldn't call it an expectation.

Chondricthyes

Juniors
I expect a vast improvement in the mechanics of the side.

We "should" be better drilled and better disciplined.

We "should" go longer stretches in the game sticking to a real game plan.

We "should" make the 8 but that will NOT be good enough or really an improvement if we don't win AT LEAST 1 or 2 finals.

If we don't improve we will see some real cash flow problems...

But in saying all that , I will believe , I must belive ...

Welcome to the Golden Age.

sharknows

Bench
Unfortunately the crystal ball cant tune in properly ..... but realistically we have pretty solid pack which must have Jim Dymock more that a little excited. I expect we will be very competitive next year.

cheese

Bench
My only expectation is that i hope the coach will pick the best men for the job.

We need to instill a culture in the lower grades where good form is rewarded .....competition is the key

tbh though, all i want to see is some attractive footy. After 4 years of watching noddys sh*t, i think the fans deserve to see some good footy.

stevie013

Juniors
some entertaining footy, semi final position, win some games there and then the comp........

sorry, just woke up.....

top 8 hopefully, then see what happens...:)