What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Draft Season 2019

shiznit

Coach
At #4 the Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders select:

Josh Allen - OLB/DE - Kentucky

images

No brainer for the Raiders here. An elite pass rusher in college with staggering numbers.

Reminds me a lot of Khalil Mack in that he’s a bit of a 1 year wonder. Doesn’t have his power and I’m not sure if he has the same drive as Mack...

Unfortunately for this kid if he ends up getting taken by the Raiders he will be endlessly compared to Mack which is incredibly unfair.

The Mack comparison aside... The Raiders will take him purely because he will be the best on the board and an area of severe need.

Unless of course we trade out of #4... which we are candidates for.

Tom155

Coach
With the 5th pick the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select

Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State

maxresdefault.jpg

nick87

Coach
With the 5th pick the New York Giants select

Ed Oliver, DL, Houston
Ed-Oliver.jpg

This is a dude. He can play inside, outside, you can even stand him up and rush him in a 3-4. Given the state of this franchise, that versatility is important. We might be blowing it up in a year or two with coaching staff. Having a guy who can play in any scheme and flat out get after it is important.

But ideally we're going to stick him in the middle of our line and let him be our Aaron Donald in a 4-3. We lost Oliver Vernon this off season, and we need some pass rush, the key to today's NFL is interior pass rush. Lets let him one gap and get to the football.

shiznit

Coach
With the 5th pick the New York Giants select

Ed Oliver, DL, Houston
Ed-Oliver.jpg

This is a dude. He can play inside, outside, you can even stand him up and rush him in a 3-4. Given the state of this franchise, that versatility is important. We might be blowing it up in a year or two with coaching staff. Having a guy who can play in any scheme and flat out get after it is important.

But ideally we're going to stick him in the middle of our line and let him be our Aaron Donald in a 4-3. We lost Oliver Vernon this off season, and we need some pass rush, the key to today's NFL is interior pass rush. Lets let him one gap and get to the football.
Interesting... i reckon there’s a decent chance he would still be available for the Giants second pick at 17...

I like him though... when you watch him it’s hard to believe he’s a DT... he looks like a LB.

It’s even more amazing to see how effective he is at DT for his size.

nick87

Coach
He's not SNIFFING... well i guess it can happen, Donald got to #12
Drafting is tough.

But i dont think he gets out of the top 7-10
I'd have taken Sweat if he he didnt got the pick before

shiznit

Coach
With the 6th pick the Jacksonville Jaguars select:

Dwayne Haskins Jr - QB - Ohio State

images

I know the Jags just paid Nick Foles a lot of money to play QB but I think Haskins would be the ideal kid to sit behind a pro like Foles and learn his craft.

The kid has prototypical size for an NFL QB and has serious arm talent. He can make all the throws and I’ve seen him throw off different platforms.

He’s not the most athletic guy... but he will stand in the pocket and get the ball where it needs to go.

As I said... the Jags are paying Foles a lot of money... but I think if this kid gets past the Giants at 6 then he’s too good of an insurance policy and long term replacement to pass on.

And let’s be completely honest... nothing about Nick Foles’ career has shown he can be a consistent starter for an entire season.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
No way IMO do Jags select a QB at 7. Foles has a dead cap of over $50m, coupled with Bortles dead cap, then drafting a QB with another hit of around 24 mill over the 1st 4 years at that pick.

Jags have so many needs with a terrible cap situation. They'll at the very least, bump drafting a 1st round QB until 2020 once they've seen Foles play and the Bortles liability wanes a little more.

shiznit

Coach
No way IMO do Jags select a QB at 7. Foles has a dead cap of over $50m, coupled with Bortles dead cap, then drafting a QB with another hit of around 24 mill over the 1st 4 years at that pick.

Jags have so many needs with a terrible cap situation. They'll at the very least, bump drafting a 1st round QB until 2020 once they've seen Foles play and the Bortles liability wanes a little more.
I seriously can’t see how they can’t...

Even with the dead money... Haskins would be on 24M over 4 years with an option for 5... that allows you to carry Foles contract for those initial years.

It provides security if Foles regresses back to his norm....

The way you look at it... Haskins would be on s deal similar to Josh Allen’s... which starts about 3.8M and goes up each year by a million to about 6.7M in year 4.

Foles contract is about in the early to mid 20’s....

So your basically paying the market value for a QB while developing the long term option and also insuring yourself for injury or just Foles stinking up the joint...

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I seriously can’t see how they can’t...

Even with the dead money... Haskins would be on 24M over 4 years with an option for 5... that allows you to carry Foles contract for those initial years.

It provides security if Foles regresses back to his norm....

The way you look at it... Haskins would be on s deal similar to Josh Allen’s... which starts about 3.8M and goes up each year by a million to about 6.7M in year 4.

Foles contract is about in the early to mid 20’s....

So your basically paying the market value for a QB while developing the long term option and also insuring yourself for injury or just Foles stinking up the joint...
Foles' contract is for 4 years, his guaranteed money makes it at least 3. It's a waste of a top 10 pick having a QB sit on the bench for 2, maybe 3 years. They'd be better off drafting someone they fancy in the 3rd or 4th to ride the bench if that is their intent.

If his contract was 2-3 years, it'd be a vastly different scenario, but there is way too much guaranteed on the table. Fix their deficiencies that can start this year, work towards drafting a QB in 2020 or 21. They need offensive weapons to support a QB. It wouldn't surprise me if they traded down or they targeted Jones "maybe" in the second. You don't sign Foles to the contract he got unless you're all in on him. If they were to draft someone at 7 they'd be paying close to $50m this year for a QB room with the star being Foles.

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
yeah i dont think the jags are going with a first round QB
you dont bring in Foles, on that deal, make it a big deal about how he's your franchise just to cut his balls out immediately with a first round pick
that would be insane.

I think they'll go with someone like Hockensen, or Metcalf. A big target with good catch radius

Tom155

Coach
1. Arizona - Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
2. San Francisco - Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State
3. NY Jets - Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama
4. Oakland - Josh Allen, DE/OLB, Kentucky
5. TB Buccaneers - Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State
6. NY Giants - Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
8. Detroit Lions - Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
9. Buffalo Bills - Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
10. Denver Broncos - Devin White, LB, LSU
11. Cincinnati Bengals - Devin Bush, LB, Michigan
12. Green Bay - Brian Burns, LB, Florida State
13. Miami - Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
14. Atlanta - Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
15. Washington -
16. Carolina -
17. NY Giants (From Cleveland) -
18. Minnesota -
19. Tennessee -
20. Pittsburgh -
21. Seattle -
22. Batimore -
23. Houston -
24. Oakland (From Chicago) -
25. Philadelphia -
26. Indianapolis -
27. Oakland (From Dallas) -
28. LA Chargers -
29. Kansas City -
30. Green Bay (From New Orleans) -
31. LA Rams -
32. New England Patriots -

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Sorry guys... been abit slack
lately...

#11 - The Cincinnati Bengals Select:

Devin Bush - LB - Michigan

images

Kids a stud IMO.... they could have probably gone tackle or QB... but I think the value isn’t there for a tackle and I just don’t think Drew Lock and Daniel Jones are worth taking in the top 15 and passing on a much better player.

This kid can slot straight into Burficts spot...

They could of course trade back to take a tackle or the QB they want...

kurt faulk

Coach

with the 13th pick the miami dolphins select

Drew Lock, QB, Missouri

1054357206.jpg.0.jpg

with only fitzpatrick on their roster it won't be long before fitzmagic turns into fitztragic. they need a young guy to take over after half a season of rocks and diamonds from the bearded one.

Latest posts