What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL fantasy league

legend

Coach
Ok, I've set up a league but I need to confirm a time for the live draft.

Can you guys let me know when is the best time to do the live draft?

I'm really looking forward to testing my knowledge against some very smart NFL fans.

legend

Coach
Actually, on second thoughts, I think I will participate and let someone else create the league. Looks a little complicated to me. :oops:

kurt faulk

Coach

good stuff.

i'm easy too. a midweek day works for me.

it's probably easier if the person who sets up the league picks a day and time (preferably night time after 9:00pm) and everyone else tries to work in with that. it will be difficult for everyone to agree on a day before the fact.

if some people can't make the live draft (hopefully not) they can always pre rank the players and the computer will just work off their list during the draft.

i'm already pumped.

Paullyboy

Coach
Gday guys, just got back from a week up the coast with some mates and am ready and raring for the NFL fantasy season.

Legend, Ill set it up this arvo if I get a chance, Ive got a few hours till I go out so I might be able to get it set up by then, if not Ill do it tomorrow.

Ill let you guys know how its going soon hopefully

Paullyboy

Coach
Ok so far here is what Ive set up so far on the following site:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1

League ID: LeagueUnlimited NFL
Password: league

(im not sure if its case sensitive or not)

I have the draft set for 9.15 pm on Sunday, August 15 2004

(I hope! :oops: , Its confusing working out their daylight saving time as well as the time difference between USA and Australia, but from what I have gathered its 14 hours behind us so the site will say we are due for a 7.15am draft, but thats USA time only hopefully)

So far the following teams have been assumed as playing:

Paullyboy
Legend
Fin077
Cupid Stunt
Eelegant
Steeden
Dogs of War
Eelectrica
Kurt Faulk
Pennywisealfie
Sunny

Which is 11 teams, Ive made the competition 12 teams so im sure one more person will turn up, first person in gets it.

The season starts in week 1 of the NFL (september 9)

Ive just gotta finalise the scoring and we should be ready and raring!

Paullyboy

Coach
Alright good news and bad news.

Firstly the good news. The league is set. Go to the site in my previous post and follow the directions and join our league. The league ID# is 124062.

Bad news is that I just re-read everything and realised that the draft time is in AEST, which means that it was set for 7.15 am after all. For some reason you can only chose 11pm or midnight as the only slots after midday. So at the moment the draft is set down for 11.00pm on Sunday August 15.

(I know its a late time and this will throw a fair few people out, but unfortunately its the best we can do :? , for those who cant be up for the live draft you can just pre-rank your players and hope for the best, it often works out just as you would have drafted anyway.

kurt faulk

Coach

hey yo paully,

11 pm is perfect.

the draft doesn't last more than an hour anyway. who goes to sleep before midnight?

i'm going to register right now.

Funky_Willsy

Juniors
I'll be in... I only scanned through the topic... so I dont know if it hads been suggested but.... smallworld.com have a great fantasy game, all free. Its good!

Steeden

Juniors
I'm in, no dramas. 11pm is actually much better than the 3am effort i was in a few years ago...sheesh!

Paullyboy

Coach
Ah good to see, 11pm is great for me too, I just had no idea if we had any early sleepers amongst us

Actually its an internet forum, of course there arent!

Dogs Of War

Coach
I'm in, I got the JKA saints (kurt faulk) in week 1.

Think I'll prerank just in case I forget the draft is on!

Latest posts