What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Game Pass Moves to DAZN

kurt faulk

Coach

Strange. On the desktop it gives you the option of beginning the stream from the start of the game. On the TV there's no option, it just goes to live action.

Haffa

I ended up getting a firestick with a smarttv account for $105 for the year. I won’t have on demand but at least I can see games live.

T.S Quint

Coach
This new streaming system is not great. I'm not impressed with the switch to DAZN so far.
No option to watch fromt he beginning for live games. No ads cut out for finished games. No US ads during live games (just a picture on the screen with some crowd noises).

The picture quality is nowhere near as good a the old Game Pass. I didn't see where I could watch the NFL network shows either.

Looking online and all I can see is hate for DAZN. Even from a lot of boxing fans who had it from years ago. Seems they haven't tried to improve the system much.

Apparently DAZN has a 10-year contract to stream the NFL. I would want to hope that the NFL will get them to increase the quality of their product or risk losing a lot of International fans. This is the only way for a lot of them to actually watch the games.

Frederick

Staff member
Update from DAZN overnight. Still not convinced, going to wait and see how it fares after this week
Screenshot_2023-09-08-07-40-49-66_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg

kurt faulk

Coach

I had to watch on my laptop today. It worked fine, the picture was fine, don't know if there was a lag but it didn't appear to be behind just with comments on the game.

I give it a thumbs up.

kurt faulk

Coach

Was very happy with the service today. Redzone was fine. Gong back and forth was pretty quick. Picture was fine.

nick87

Coach
Yeah i had no issues at all.
Really good and clean service

and i was on from 3am right until halftime of the SNF game
No complaints so far

kurt faulk

Coach

Watched redzone on TV and a game on laptop at the same time. Worked fine.

Then switched tv to Rams game and laptop to rezone. Worked fine.

All seamlessly. I recommend this product.

Valheru

Coach
Interested if you guys reckon it is worth the cost?

In a standard week in Australia, Kayo will stream TNF, two early Sunday games, one late Sunday game, SNF and MNF for 6 total. 7 mate will also show one early and one late Sunday game for 8 total which is half the games when it is a full slate.

Add in the 3 MNF double headers, Thanksgiving, Christmas, late season Saturday night football and then of course all playoff games. Kayo also stream redzone as of this season.

As an Eagles fan I estimate that a minimum of 12 of our 17 game schedule will be covered by kayo or 7 mate and then the others will be featured on redzone. I get people want to watch their teams but I suspect unless you support a dog shit team like the texans you will get around half of the games on those platforms.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
I wouldn't go near them. It's fine but trying to get any customer service if something goes wrong (like when they incorrectly billed me) is like pulling teeth. I'd recommend anything else after that experience.

nick87

Coach
Interested if you guys reckon it is worth the cost?

In a standard week in Australia, Kayo will stream TNF, two early Sunday games, one late Sunday game, SNF and MNF for 6 total. 7 mate will also show one early and one late Sunday game for 8 total which is half the games when it is a full slate.

Add in the 3 MNF double headers, Thanksgiving, Christmas, late season Saturday night football and then of course all playoff games. Kayo also stream redzone as of this season.

As an Eagles fan I estimate that a minimum of 12 of our 17 game schedule will be covered by kayo or 7 mate and then the others will be featured on redzone. I get people want to watch their teams but I suspect unless you support a dog shit team like the texans you will get around half of the games on those platforms.
I get good value out of it, i usually have red zone on the tv, and then the eagles game on my laptop
i rewatch eagles games most of the time and try and catch up on other fun games in the condensed versions (game in 40)

I also cancel my Kayo sub in between NRL season, so i lose that avenue to watch
I think you could more or less avoid if you wanted, for me, the money is worth it. Even if it's pretty pricey

As for DAZN itself, 2 weeks and no complaints... been watching on Tv, laptop and my phone and so far i havent had any issues at all

Frederick

Staff member
Looks like they're adding a few things, including watching "while overseas". Might have to consider signing up next year

1000012794.jpg

T.S Quint

Coach
It’s definitely improved since the preseason. I’m ok with the service they provide now, it’s just still not as good as the old Gamepass but without a price drop.

Im glad to hear they are introducing Ad Free into the system. I rarely get to watch games live and so rely on the replays. The old Gamepass cutting out the ads made everything a lot easier.

I’d also like the old 10-second skip forward button back. It has it in the phone app, but when watching on my computer (which is how I usually watch) it has a 30-second skip forward button. It skips forward so far the next play is usually half over.

kurt faulk

Coach

I'm gonna watch the superbowl on it this year because the ads on espn and channel 7 absolutely suck.

kurt faulk

Coach

has anyone received any emails from dazn about auto renewing their account? i haven't received anything yet.

Latest posts