What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

abpanther

Staff member
Singletary interviews for Rams defensive coordinator position
Posted by Mike Florio on February 8, 2013, 7:06 PM EST

49ers coach Mike Singletary wants to be a head coach again. Since he’s currently a linebackers coach with the Vikings, becoming a defensive coordinator would be a big step in that direction.

According to Jeremy Fowler of CBSSports.com, Singletary has interviewed for the defensive coordinator position in St. Louis.

Of course, Singletary became the head coach in San Francisco without ever being a defensive coordinator. To date, it’s a job he’s never held.

The Hall of Famer launched his coaching career in 2003, and he joined the Vikings in 2011. Last month, Singletary interviewed for the head-coaching job in Chicago, where Singletary played.

Please please please

dogslife

Coach
Falcons have cut Turner, Dunta Robinson and John Abraham, three of our biggest earners. I'm all for seeing the back of the first two, but Abe is our only consistent pass rusher. I expect us to be a big player in FA now

DC_fan

Coach
Falcons have cut Turner, Dunta Robinson and John Abraham, three of our biggest earners. I'm all for seeing the back of the first two, but Abe is our only consistent pass rusher. I expect us to be a big player in FA now

It's time for them to get rid of the old timers and get some young blood.

I can see some teams picking up these three players.

dogslife

Coach
We're pursuing Reggie Bush apparently, I'd be much happier with him than Jackson at this stage of his career

DC_fan

Coach
Joe Flacco to agree to contract with Ravens on Monday per Jay Glazer

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...imore-ravens-reach-agreement-according-source

Source: Joe Flacco, Ravens agree

Updated: March 1, 2013, 8:59 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

Richest QB In NFL History

Adam Schefter on Joe Flacco agreeing to contart with Ravens that will make him the highest paid QB in NFL history.

Richest QB In NFL HistoryNEXT VIDEO
video2.png

Joe Flacco and the Baltimore Ravens have agreed to a six-year, $120.6 million contract that makes the quarterback the highest-paid player in NFL history, a source familiar with the deal told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

i

Flacco

The two sides will work on the contract language this weekend, and Flacco is expected to sign the deal Monday in Baltimore, sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.
Drew Brees is currently the highest-paid player in the NFL, averaging $20 million per year.
Flacco played out his rookie contract last season for $6.76 million.
Ravens running back Ray Rice took to Twitter to congratulate his teammate Friday night.
"Dinner and a few nights on Joe Flacco when we get back well deserved #Ravens," Rice tweeted.
Capping a perfect postseason, the unassuming and unheralded Flacco completed 22-of-33 passes for 287 yards and three first-half touchdowns, earning Super Bowl MVP honors for leading the Ravens to a 34-31 victory over the San Francisco 49ers.

AFC North blog

hensley_jamison_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Jamison Hensley writes about all things AFC North in his division blog. ? Blog network: NFL Nation

He wrapped up Baltimore's four-game run to the title with a record-equaling 11 TD passes and zero interceptions, going 73 of 126 for 1,140 yards. It was an impressive streak that included road victories against two of the game's most respected quarterbacks, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, and a first-round home win against No. 1 overall draft pick Andrew Luck.
The 28-year-old Flacco, a fifth-year pro, threw for 22 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions in the regular season. He has thrown for 17,633 yards, 102 touchdowns and 52 interceptions in 80 career games.
Flacco is the only quarterback to win a postseason game in each of his first five pro seasons. He also holds the record for playoff road wins with six.
Information from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen and The Associated Press was used in this report.

DC_fan

Coach
At that sort of money Flacco will be expected to get the Ravens to the playoffs for the next six years with at least two Super Bowl wins in that time.

A lot of pressure on his shoulders. Will he may be able to deliver?

dogslife

Coach
You'd think so, but Drew Brees backed up his record deal this year by leading the league in INT's, and nobody seems real down on him, so you never know

Hoekstra

Juniors
Ditto. Id take Brees. I watched Flacco a few times in the regular season and thought he really struggled in a way that Brady or Peyton wouldn't. No doubt that he light it up when it counted though.

Last edited:

kurt faulk

Coach

to think, the ravens were one bonehead db play from crashing out against the broncos. he wouldn't have been able to get half that deal. maybe $12m a year.

funny how luck works for some players and against others.

abpanther

Staff member
Ok so the rule this year is that teams and FA agents are allowed to start negotiating as of 9th March for 3 days prior to being allowed to actually sign any contracts.

That window opens today at 4pm, should be some interesting reading in the next few days.

Reports are that Miami and Minnesota are the leading contenders for Mike Wallace.

Eagles and Bengals are after Dashon Goldson.

What else are you hearing or hoping from your team?

I think John Abraham would be a great signing for us as a depth situational pass rusher

abpanther

Staff member
According to reports, the 49ers, Cowpies and Brownies have contacted Wes Welker's agent.

Conversely, the Iggles have contacted Dashon Goldson's agent.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Irsay has been spouting about a WR they're trying to get, it's not Cruz.

Steelers interested in Dumervil, only happens if he wants to play for peanuts.
Steelers also interested in Bradshaw, I could see that happening if other teams won't risk signing him, wouldn't want him then though.