What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

DC_fan

Coach
New England Patriots Rob Gronkowski will need a fourth surgery on his injured forearm, reports the Boston Herald‘s Karen Guregian.

Citing a “source familiar with the case,” Guregian writes that the operation is needed to “change the plate that’s securing the broken bone in the forearm.” The fourth surgery had been expected and can take place once doctors are sure Gronkowski has gotten rid of an infection in the arm, Guregian reports.

Gronkowski initially injured his left forearm in a win over the Colts in November. He missed five games but returned for the regular season finale. In New England’s playoff game with Houston, he re-injured the forearm and was ruled out for the rest of the postseason.

His recovery hasn’t gone smoothly. Gronkowski reportedly developed an infection around the metal plate installed in the arm. When the news was reported, in early April, there was speculation Gronkowski would miss the start of the season.

The Boston Herald reported at the time that, once the infection was gone, doctors would have to replace the metal plate. Then, Gronk would need about 11 weeks to recover.

BURKE: Gronk’s surgery puts spotlight on Ballard

If the six-week course of antibiotics has been successful, the tight end could have the surgery done soon and possibly be ready for the start of the season. But, given the difficulties Gronkowski has had in his recovery, it’s probably too early to look that far ahead.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/05/08/rob-gronkowski-surgery-broken-forearm/?eref=sihp

Tom155

Coach
raiders, panthers, broncos all in the hunt for charles woodson, he is visiting denver tomorrow

Eddie Lab

Juniors
don't think he'll come to the panthers either to be honest. he would command a decent amount of coin.

gronkathon

First Grade
Felix Jones is officially an Eagle.

Big help to both special teams and the main offense. Much bigger upside then Brown with much, much better hands. McCoy/Jones is a two headed monster run game I would like to see

Raider_69

Post Whore

Big help to both special teams and the main offense. Much bigger upside then Brown with much, much better hands. McCoy/Jones is a two headed monster run game I would like to see

Really? Jones bigger upside than Brown?
No way man. Jones will battle Polk and the UDFA's for #3 and maybe #4 RB roster spots (Chip might want to have 4 guys rostered but i doubt it)
He'll have to be a big contributor on special teams, in the return games to make the roster, at this stage he's likely no more than a Camp body

No way he surpasses Brown on the depth chart. Brown's handling is an issue, but it's a correctable one.

DC_fan

Coach

Jones highly injury prone.

gronkathon

First Grade
Really? Jones bigger upside than Brown?
No way man. Jones will battle Polk and the UDFA's for #3 and maybe #4 RB roster spots (Chip might want to have 4 guys rostered but i doubt it)
He'll have to be a big contributor on special teams, in the return games to make the roster, at this stage he's likely no more than a Camp body

No way he surpasses Brown on the depth chart. Brown's handling is an issue, but it's a correctable one.

I think Brown is a very easy to handle commodity when looking at the tape. I think Jones offers more in combination with the TE roster we are running, especially if he gets back to earlier career form

But I guess I may be too harsh on Brown considering what he did with the O Line we ran this past season. I am not sold his handling is correctable. It has been an issue for a long time. Time will tell though

legend

Coach
Rolando McClain retired from the NFL effective immediately. McClain is 23. David Garrard has also retired leaving the QB battle in NY to Smith and Sanchez.

Latest posts