What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL playoffs, wild card round

sunny

Washington at Tampa Bay, 8:30am Sunday
Jacksonville at New England, midday sunday
Carolina at NY Giants, 5am Monday
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati, 8:30 am Monday

(all times AEDST)

what do we all think?

Eelectrica

Referee
sunny said:
Washington at Tampa Bay, 8:30am Sunday
Jacksonville at New England, midday sunday
Carolina at NY Giants, 5am Monday
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati, 8:30 am Monday

(all times AEDST)

what do we all think?

There always seems to be at least one upset on wild card weekend.
My picks:
Washington
New England

Giants - Toughest game to pick in my mind. Going with the Giants because Tiki Barber is shredding every defence he comes up against.

Cincinnati - Match of the round. A parrallel can be drawn between them and the Tigers. The Tigers looked bad in their last two regular season games, but bounced back in spectacular fashion once the real games were back on again.
Sucks that the game that looks the best is the one we don't get. Hopefully I can find a place to download it.

sunny

You sure about that website having live radio coverage Ian? If so, I'll check it out for the Bengals-Steelers, which may not be on TV here.

As for the games, I reckon Jags-Pats is the hardest one to pick. The Jags are a hard team to match up against. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they won, but I will JUST go with New England.

Washington are okay, but I'd be very surprised if they won, Tampa is the easiest tip of the week for mine.

Giants reasonably comfortably over Carolina. Steelers-Bengals another hard one to tip, but I'll go with the Bengals.

So in summary, the four home teams:

Bucs
Pats
Giants
Bengals

sunny

Good news...Pittsburgh vs Cincy will be live on Fox Sports 1. So all 4 games will be live on TV.

Eelectrica

Referee
Excellent news with regards to the Pittsburgh V Cincy game. In seasons passed we've missed out on the CBS first round play off game.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
sunny said:
You sure about that website having live radio coverage Ian? If so, I'll check it out for the Bengals-Steelers, which may not be on TV here.

Yeah, in the last few weeks i've heard Houston vs Jacksonville, Houston vs San Francisco and Chicago vs Green Bay. It well makes up for the poor NFL coverage here. I'll be glued to the net on Monday.

kurt faulk

Coach

redskins
jaguars
panthers
bengals

simms and manning aren't ready for primetime yet. not sold on the patriots at all. steelers won't be able to keep up with the bengals.

sunny

17-10 Redskins final. The turnovers were the difference. Tampa looked good throwing the ball with Simms but couldn't get enough points out of it. Simms threw the ball too low on both picks, was trying to get it to the receivers vs the secondary but couldn't get it past the linebackers.

Eelectrica

Referee
Redskins are going to be killed by Seattle next week. Had that pass late in the 4th qtr not been dropped I feel that Tampa would have got them in OT.

Pats still weren't awesome though, it was just a lacklustre effort from the Jags. I still reckon either Indy or Denver will eliminate 'em next weekend.

The Redskins won with the least amount of offense in a playoff game... amazing. But yeah, they'll be killed by Seattle next week.

I reckon Cincy v. Pittsburgh could go either way. Both very good defenses, both have great running backs and both have some playmakers on offense. Cincy perhaps has a bit more offensive flair, but in a playoff type atmosphere I reckon Pittsburgh could pull it off.

Panthers vs. Giants I'm really looking forward to. I'm a massive Panthers fan, and if we stop Tiki I think we should be OK. Steve Smith = best receiver in the NFL this year, period. Hopefully Eli will melt under pressure... because I don't think anyone is really taking Carolina seriously this year, we could do well with the underdog tag.

Big Tim

First Grade
sunny said:
17-10 Redskins final. The turnovers were the difference. Tampa looked good throwing the ball with Simms but couldn't get enough points out of it. Simms threw the ball too low on both picks, was trying to get it to the receivers vs the secondary but couldn't get it past the linebackers.

I am a huge Skins fan, but even I have to admit we are up against it next week, but I am still gonna bathe in the glory of today.

Woo Hoo Skins.

The best thing about this win was that the Skins blitzed far less than 40%, it seemed like 10% or so. I can guarantee that they will be back up at 40% next week when they take on the Hawks.

I wonder what the TAB would give me for $5 on the Skins.....

Latest posts