What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT-anyone do the IQ test

socksie

Juniors

i know its mostly b/s but i've done so many IQ tests and every single time i've gotten 135 so fingers crossed they're not all b/s. i'm just hoping this is reflected in my UAI though...

keeney

First Grade
i was always under the assumption taht anything below 140 is shit house, mabe im just wrong, and elitist

astrogirl

First Grade
I did the test last year and got around 130 but that doesn't mean much - it just means I did OK in that particular test.

It would be great to do a consistent test where my results could be measured against the results of well known people.

Leasha

Juniors
keeney said:
i was always under the assumption taht anything below 140 is sh*t house, mabe im just wrong, and elitist

There are so many varying opinions about what various IQ's mean. Some people are of the belief that an IQ over 130 is exceptional, and 160 is genius, while others think that 160 is exceptional, and 200 is genius.

I have had more IQ tests in the last few years than I want to remember, but they all usually come out with an IQ somewhere between 150 and 165... but its almost impossible to tell, because, as with all IQ tests, so many factors can affect the IQ of an individual.

The reason that channel nine only goes up to an IQ of 140+ is that once an IQ exceeds 140, it becomes very difficult to guage an accurate measure of the exact IQ. Further to that, channel nine only gives a rough approximation - if you really want to know your IQ then a proper IQ test with a psychologist is your best bet.

Megalomaniac

Juniors
I did the IQ test last year and it made me feel a bit smart, but I missed it deliberately this year. Had to watch the two new episodes of Queer Eye For the Straight Guy! The Tjuz test was stupid by the way.

Oh yeah, I thought the new 'thing' is EQ now, not a person's IQ. :?

Andy

First Grade
I got 133.

Did a proper IQ test in y12 of high school that was put out by MENSA. I got 134 in that one, so I guess that is my real IQ. For those who don't know, MENSA is a high IQ society, or a club, where only people in the top 2% IQ bracket can join.

Leasha said:
There are so many varying opinions about what various IQ's mean. Some people are of the belief that an IQ over 130 is exceptional, and 160 is genius, while others think that 160 is exceptional, and 200 is genius...

In a real IQ test, you'll find the following to be true.

IQ of less than 90 is below average
IQ between 90 and 110 is average
IQ between 110 and 130 above average
IQ over 130 gifted
IQ over 140 genius

From the MENSA website
Many people are surprised to learn they have an above average IQ...

1 in 50 people have an IQ in the top 2%.

The average IQ is 100 but this value depends upon the measurement scale used. Different tests vary slightly, but most tests share this average.

legallyblonde

Juniors
Man I feel dumb reading all of your IQ's.

I only got 112! Must be the alcohol killing my brain cells...that damn uni bar :D
Oh well.

While on here I had 10s "Gaydar" show going
Did anyone see the girl in the BLUE DRESS-OH My..OH my ..Oh my
Crap show really..More a show about the Queer eye-Straight guy thing.
NO I didnt do the test but they had Straight guys from the Northern Territory on the show answering the questions and they were hilarious!

111 days until...The thieves.. the filthy little thieves...They stole "THE PRECIOUS" from us and wes wents it!-Gollum

keeney

First Grade
astrogirl said:
1 in 50 people have an IQ in the top 2%.
That sentence is on the mensa website?!? That's a statement of the obvious if ever I saw one! What a shocker.

hahah intellectuals ahve never been renowned for their common sense