What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Fat loser loses again

Providence

Juniors
I, personally don't vote for labour.

Since I was old enough to vote, I've voted for the Liberal government, to make the seat of Newcastle less secure so that we can see some actual campaigning in our region and political promises made, to see things done.

The lack of Federal funding for our stadium upgrade is an example of what I'm talking about.

Same here. I doubt I'll ever see the voters of this area wake up after 102 years of the same old second rate treatment from Canberra.

EDIT: Of course that should be Canberra and Melbourne.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I always vote for Labour.... but there is no way I'm voting for Latham.. arsehole.. he is a rude and ignorant man... I have never liked him.

Providence

Juniors
Why are you a labour voter bedsy??

Is it their policies that appeal to you? Or should I say their policy? Simply to blindly oppose everything that the Liberal party does.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Providence said:
Why are you a labour voter bedsy??

Is it their policies that appeal to you? Or should I say their policy? Simply to blindly oppose everything that the Liberal party does.
My family... they have always been labour so have I.

Kaz

junior
Thank heavens Fat Guts lost.

We don't want a Knights supporter as Prime Minister. :D

So that means you will never get Federal Government money for the stadium. :p

I don't mind Lathem actually. He adds a bit of grunt to Australian politics which is dead boring at the moment. And to think he actually comes from the Labor side is amazing. Look at their other options: a fat loser who's now lost as many leadership challenges as he has elections and a nerd in the shape of Rudd who wouldn't win a vote from a Star Trek fan.

But, Bedsy, that's the worst excuse to continue the backward progress of the area.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Danish Moo Cow said:
But, Bedsy, that's the worst excuse to continue the backward progress of the area.
Not for me... it's always been a family thing for us.
I have always hated the Liberals and I have never liked little johnny.
Now I don't know who to vote for next yr.

Razor

Coach
I'm a big Beazley fan.

In 1998 more people voted for him than Liberal, just not in the right areas, as the Liberals won more seats. But if the PM was a populat vote, Beazley would have been PM.

In 2001, the ALP had an unbeatable lead until S11 and the blatant lies about the boat people.

I don't like Latham at all, but he's better than a Liberal goverment, so I'll still be voting for the ALP.

Providence

Juniors
bedsy said:
Danish Moo Cow said:
Not for me... it's always been a family thing for us.
I have always hated the Liberals and I have never liked little johnny.
Now I don't know who to vote for next yr.

I understand the power of family tradition and heritage, but it seems a bit silly just to follow along with the sheep herd so to speak.

This is how I see it.

We each have a chance to voice our opinions and shape our country, when it comes to elections.

If you really care about how your country is run, and want to have a say in it, then it is important to research and listen to what the politians, our leaders, have to say and do.

The ones which line up the closest to your ideals, are the ones which you should vote for.

No single person or party is perfect or right, but at least be serious about what you want for your country and yourself. Don't just do the common 'thing'.

We've seen how dangerous that can be. Just look at Hitler's influence on Germany and the world through the Nazi regime. I know it's an extreme case, but all things result through a sequence of events, sparked by something as small as following the crowd.

Matt23

Staff member
Labor never, ever does anything for us, the coaltion does'nt bother about us, cause they know where going to blindly vote labor, the central coast is a "swinging seat" and they got a stadium that goes largely unused. Sharon Grierson whats she ever done? she's invisible!
Lathem = keating clone, the chances of me voting labor are buckleys & none.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Providence said:
If you really care about how your country is run, and want to have a say in it, then it is important to research and listen to what the politians, our leaders, have to say and do.

The ones which line up the closest to your ideals, are the ones which you should vote for.
sorry don't agree as they never ever stand by what they have said or done... hello look at little johnny... "There will never be a GST in Australia"
I don't believe one word that ever comes out of a poilition's mouth and I never will.

Providence

Juniors
Danish Moo Cow said:
To Howard's credit he didn't implement the GST without going to the electorate with it first.

My point exactly.

Polititions ARE human and will never be perfect, but at least Howard let the voters decide on the GST.

But let me also point out that it was revealed after the last federal election, that the labour party also had plans to put a GST in place.

Razor

Coach
Politions ARE human and will never be perfect, but at least Howard let the voters decide on the GST.

But remember more people voted for the ALP than the Libs/Nats. Just not in the right areas. That should have told Little John something.

Also the people voted in the Democrats into the Senate so they would be able to block it, but 3 slimly democrats betrayed the party.

But let me also point out that it was revealed after the last federal election, that the labour party also had plans to put a GST in place.

Actually the labor party only had a plan to put a Goods tax in place, like most states in the US. It was on the wholesale price (ranging from 8%-32%), but Labor was going to change it to a flat-rate tax on the retail price. No one has ever had a problem with that, Labor even said that in the election campaign, that if it was only on goods, and not on Services they wouldn't oppose it.

Providence

Juniors
Razor said:
Politions ARE human and will never be perfect, but at least Howard let the voters decide on the GST.

But remember more people voted for the ALP than the Libs/Nats. Just not in the right areas. That should have told Little John something.

Also the people voted in the Democrats into the Senate so they would be able to block it, but 3 slimly democrats betrayed the party.

Actually the labor party only had a plan to put a Goods tax in place, like most states in the US. It was on the wholesale price (ranging from 8%-32%), but Labor was going to change it to a flat-rate tax on the retail price. No one has ever had a problem with that, Labor even said that in the election campaign, that if it was only on goods, and not on Services they wouldn't oppose it.

You make good and valid points razor, but would you believe that Labor would actually limit the tax to a fixed rate and only to goods? I don't think so.

The labor party is responsible for the billions of dollars of national debt, incurred during Hawke's and Keating's reign in office.

It is this reason why we have a GST in the first place.

I think whichever political side you're on we can all agree that either side will be fine (we'll never be completely happy with either), as long as the Upper House does it's job properly. The Democrats are weak little piss-ants these days and the country won't have a great system until these guys pull their fingers out, don't get too PC on us all and work in the best interests of the community.

They're too caught up in hippy promotional gimmicks to really know what we need.

Another thing that annoys me about Newcastle's blind Labor voting is the candidates. When was the last time we actually had a visable (apart from the campaigning season) member for Newcastle. I'd hazard to guess that 50% of the voting public here wouldn't even know the woman's name.

Latest posts