What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Krispy Kreme = yuk

astrogirl

First Grade
I just tried my very first Krispy Kreme, and I have to say

They are disgusting!!!

It's like eating pure fat! :-& I had two mouthfuls out of politeness to my workmate who bought them, then it went straight into the bin.

I just found the "nutritional" information.

1 original glazed doughnut (52g):
:arrow: 200 calories
of which 110 calories are from fat
:arrow: total fat 12g

http://www.krispykreme.com/nutri.pdf

Soooo disgusting!

les norton

First Grade
We dont have them up here...well if we do not near me anyways. I have heard people serioulsy drooling over em'. Whats different to other regular donuts?

astrogirl

First Grade
I'm not sure what the difference is les. My mum used to buy us Donut King donuts when we were kids, and we loved them!

Can't say the same for Krispy Kreme. Ew, never eating them again!

I am on serious sugar and fat overload at the moment

m0j0

Bench
It's the glazing that everyone drools over. I had one once and it was very sweet - I was going off like Willie Mason without his dose of ritalin.

keeney

First Grade
theyre good donuts,a s far as donuts go, but theyre not worthy of the international hype

tigermite

Juniors
I've never had one. They don't have them up here in Newy either, so the only chance I get is when I go to the footy cos they sell them there. The only problem with that is they only sell them by the dozen, and I only want one, not 12. So until they sell them singularly at the footy, I guess I won't be having any... not that it really worries me anyway...

sexybum

Juniors
ive had kk's a few times now...and although they are pretty nice they are extremely overrated...there is one near my house so we constantly have them and i dont think they are worth lining up for over an hour for...they also are very sweet...
except to their credit the best thing about them is when u get a free one while lining up which is fresh and still hot...its pretty nice

MC DUI

Juniors
sexybum said:
ive had kk's a few times now...and although they are pretty nice they are extremely overrated...there is one near my house so we constantly have them and i dont think they are worth lining up for over an hour for...they also are very sweet...
except to their credit the best thing about them is when u get a free one while lining up which is fresh and still hot...its pretty nice

People are lining up for an hour to get a donut :? :?

Should I even think about coming back to NSW at the end of the year, it sounds like people are going slightly loopy. :?

m0j0

Bench
MC DUI said:

Should I even think about coming back to NSW at the end of the year, it sounds like people are going slightly loopy. :?

Don't do it MC, huge queues for food. Food stamps are the norm. Barrows full of money to buy a couple of loaves of bread. The whole state is going hungry! :lol:

MC DUI

Juniors
m0j0 said:
MC DUI said:

Don't do it MC, huge queues for food. Food stamps are the norm. Barrows full of money to buy a couple of loaves of bread. The whole state is going hungry! :lol:

:lol: Oh well who needs food when you can watch League hey. The sooner I get out of AFL land the better.

m0j0

Bench
MC DUI said:
:lol: Oh well who needs food when you can watch League hey. The sooner I get out of AFL land the better.

Well, that being the case ... get the hell outta there dude. I don't care if they're giving away six course, five star meals direct from Lygon Street's finest establishments. Nothing is worth being stuck in Mexico during footy season. I lived there for 7 months about a decade or so ago, but it was September until April - the lure of live footy drove me back home.

NC

Juniors
I like Krispy Kremes.. only the plain ones though. Most of the flavoured ones are yuk. I can only handle eating one at a time.

fosie

Juniors
They are nice...but when u eat them too much or too often...then it becomes abit too much. Originals are the best i rekon. Eating them too hot is like drinking a cup full of oil really.

IanG

Coach
As far as I know they're the product of yet another American franchise company. Like Starbucks Coffee is. You don't see them advertise.

The_Ben

Juniors
Original glazed are da bomb!

I forget that they have other stores in Sydney other than the penrif store. Everytime I'm out that way for rugby, I pull in and get a dozen.

The sugar hit keeps me running around non-stop all day. But coming off the upper is a bummer, so I always get another dozen to re-live the experience.

If I didn't eat Krispy Kreme's I wouldn't last more than a few secs in the front row.

Latest posts