What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT-Survivor Pearl Islands

antonius

Coach
I think out of all the reality shows survivor is the benchmark. The Mole is pretty good too, but Survivor requires a lot of skills,(Physical, as well as mental) together with a bit of luck to be successful. A real strategists game.

tigermite

Juniors
I was so glad that Sandra won. Contrary to what some people think (not necessarily those on here), she played the game well. As she said, she didn't ride coat-tails, but formed alliances to further herself in the game and was available to approach to help vote out whoever- a pretty smart strategic move if you ask me, which had to be carried out well otherwise it would have backfired big time.

As for Lill, I was laughing when the jury were grilling her in the questions and watching her dig herself deeper and deeper into that hole. And then she totally lost it in her final comments when she seemed to get really angry at the jury and tried to defend herself, but only appearing to be more desperate than ever.

Overall, I think his Survivor was one of the best of the lot, the only problem I had with it was the outcasts... at first I didn't mind, but when they kept going further in the game, I couldn't help feel that they shouldn't have been there.

antonius said:
I think out of all the reality shows survivor is the benchmark. The Mole is pretty good too, but Survivor requires a lot of skills,(Physical, as well as mental) together with a bit of luck to be successful. A real strategists game.
I can't split Survivor and The Amazing Race... TAR had it for a while because I think Survivor started to become too stale, but this series fixed that up. In my opinion, they rate about equal, with both being very different contests using different sets of skills. The Mole comes in a close 3rd... actually wouldn't mind seeing the american versions to compare them to ours. And they are probably the only 3 reality shows I really rate.... but not the only ones I watch :?

knightsgal85

Juniors
Colonel Eel said:
I think Burton and Jon underestimated the girls - and lost themselves the game. Jon was convinced that he had them all wrapped up but they weren't as stupid as first thought. Sandra played the game for herself - and managed to show the girls exactly what was going on - which in the long term helped her considerably.

Yeah, I absolutely agree. As I reflect upon the Sunday episode, and the strategy Burton and Jon employed by inviting each other to indulge upon the reward depending upon which one of them won the challenge was a very poor alternative. If I recall correctly, they strongly believed that they were the lone strategists remaining in the game (i.e. the leaders), and that the women were followers. How pathetic they were! The moment Burton invited Jon to share his reward I knew they were screwed.

I was overjoyed to see Sandra being named the 'ultimate survivor' for Survivor - Pearl Islands. It is such a remarkable effort to make it through the entire duration of the game, and to not have a single vote directed against you. Sandra's clever tactics, and her ability not to get into the 'bad books' of any of the contestants by staying relatively quiet and assisting in alliances in which it would prevent her from attaining votes at tribal council, and thereby progressing further in the game was an intelligent move.

She played the game rather inwardly, and in the end, it is paid her dividends, as she was not caught out with manipulation and lies and being as deceptive as others.

My inclination from the final four was that if she managed to make it through to the final two, she would poll strongly among the votes presumably because of her rather intelligent tactics (no matter who she was up against). I could not comprehend why the remaining contestants believed that Lillian would be such a threat if she were in the final two against them.

As others have already mentioned, Lillian made her position worse after responding to each of the questions she was confronted with to answer, which did not help her cause at all. However, I thought it was a lovely gesture that she decided to compete with Sandra for the 'ultimate survivor' title (who in my opinion was more deserving than Jon).

As for the 'Outcasts', the only major dilemma I had with this was the fact that they were absent from the game for a few days and had a second chance to claim the title and the million dollars on offer. However, part of the strategy to actually succeed in becoming the 'ultimate survivor' is that you have to have the ability and the mentality to progress further in the game, despite the many twists. Obviously, there are both pros and cons.

antonius

Coach
knightsgal85 said:
As for the 'Outcasts', the only major dilemma I had with this was the fact that they were absent from the game for a few days and had a second chance to claim the title and the million dollars on offer. However, part of the strategy to actually succeed in becoming the 'ultimate survivor' is that you have to have the ability and the mentality to progress further in the game, despite the many twists. Obviously, there are both pros and cons.
It was more like eight days, in the end it made for a bit of interest, but overall I thought it was unfair, it was unfair to the ones that survived the whole time, and it was unfair to the outcasts that missed out on a second chance.

bronnie34

Juniors
I'm glad Sandra won, I thought she deserved it and definately played the game. Can you believe how cocky the guys were in the end, thinking they had the game all wrapped up. Sucked into them. I also hope Jon gets such a hard time from the public he deserves it.
Can you believe that lil won the last immunity and didn't chose Jon, how dumb is she, lost herself a million dollars on that decision. She really had no idea how to play the game and I can't believe she ended up in the top two!

Anyway Bring on Rupert and Rob in Allstar Survivor! Can't wait!

princess plj

Juniors
northey said:
wow.............. so the guy didn't win?? yay

i am sure this has been menitoned prior. i am glad jon did not win....i mean i know the game is about coming out on top and skeeming etc. but to lie about ur grandma being dead is low...although hearing last nights comments alot of them agreed with it. he did not deserve to win. i am happy for sandra thou.... she played the ultimate game and i think was true to herself and her alliances throughtout. =D>

Latest posts