What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT-Survivor Pearl Islands

tigermite

Juniors
Firstly, Rupert admitted a couple of episodes ago that how he looks on the outside (fearless, strong etc) isn't exactly how he feels on the inside, rather that he does feel insecure with himself and finds it hard to be accepted etc. Hopefully the massive fan support that he would be getting right now helps him to overcome this.

Secondly, I wasn't happy when they voted him off. For me, I think you show signs of weakness when you get rid of the people who are strong for no reason other than your own gain. Now i know that's sort of what the show is about, but if you can't beat someone because they work harder than you and they actually do things around camp, then you do not deserve to win.

And last, the best quote came from Rupert when he said 'I won't be giving anything more to Burton, except a vote.' I found that funny, but was astounded by the worst quote ever on Survivor about a minute later when T said that 'Rupert deserves to go.' Like WTF, how the hell did he deserve to go???? :roll: :roll:

knightsgal85

Juniors
Thanks Razor, you solved my problem.

tigermite said:
Secondly, I wasn't happy when they voted him off. For me, I think you show signs of weakness when you get rid of the people who are strong for no reason other than your own gain. Now i know that's sort of what the show is about, but if you can't beat someone because they work harder than you and they actually do things around camp, then you do not deserve to win.

I possess the same viewpoint tigermite, and that is why I fear that Burton will be soon a target because of his physical endurance. This has got to be one of the major flaws in the Survivor series, but naturally everyone wants to feel they are on equal status to the other contestants (especially when one million dollars is at stake), even though they are living in the same conditions, on the same rations, participate in the same challenges, work around camp, but in varying extents (in most instances, if you compare someone like Rupert to Darrah or Jon). Obviously, someone like Rupert 'deserved' to win, but to 'actually' win, you have to be 'physically' present in the game, which is difficult when you are perceived to be such a 'strong force' and need to gain acceptance moreso than someone who is perceived to be 'weaker'. I do wonder how the remaining contestants go with the food stock, which will presumably diminish, especially since the departure of Rupert, who was definitely their main hunter/gatherer.

antonius

Coach
knightsgal85 said:
Thanks Razor, you solved my problem.

tigermite said:

I possess the same viewpoint tigermite, and that is why I fear that Burton will be soon a target because of his physical endurance. This has got to be one of the major flaws in the Survivor series, but naturally everyone wants to feel they are on equal status to the other contestants (especially when one million dollars is at stake), even though they are living in the same conditions, on the same rations, participate in the same challenges, work around camp, but in varying extents (in most instances, if you compare someone like Rupert to Darrah or Jon). Obviously, someone like Rupert 'deserved' to win, but to 'actually' win, you have to be 'physically' present in the game, which is difficult when you are perceived to be such a 'strong force' and need to gain acceptance moreso than someone who is perceived to be 'weaker'. I do wonder how the remaining contestants go with the food stock, which will presumably diminish, especially since the departure of Rupert, who was definitely their main hunter/gatherer.

My Opinion, Burton and Lilo Lil shouldn't even be there they were voted off weeks ago, very unfair on the ones that used strategy to get them off, to then have to do it again, I don't agree with that at all, they have had two bites at the cherry.

knightsgal85

Juniors
antonius said:
My Opinion, Burton and Lilo Lil shouldn't even be there they were voted off weeks ago, very unfair on the ones that used strategy to get them off, to then have to do it again, I don't agree with that at all, they have had two bites at the cherry.

I tend to disagree, as this is part of the strategy to actually succeed to become the 'ultimate survivor' - you have to have the ability and the mentality to progress further in the game, despite the many twists. It was not as if Burton and Lillian were reinstated back into the game without a challenge. The Outcasts defeated both Drake and Morgan in the challenge, and were rightfully rewarded with two contestants to go back into the game, which happened to be Burton and Lillian. Osten wanted 'out', so I believe it was good to see some of the 'dead people' walk again, who have the desire and passion to win. I can see where you are coming from in that they have virtually had 'two opportunities' to win the million dollars and gain the ultimate survivor title, but I am not too phased about it.

Why did Drake vote out Burton again?

Shall I propose this question out of interest. If something similar were to happen in the episodes ahead, and Rupert was reinstated back into the game, would there still be a problem, even though most believe he deserves to win the title, or at least be there ahead of others who still remain in the game?

Razor

Coach
Prediction (Hope more than anything)

Jon cheats at the IC. Gets caught. JP takes it off him, bans him from competing in the rematch. They run IC again. Someone else wins immunity. Then JP breaks the news than Jon is to be expelled from the game, can't even be on the jury. Rupert comes back into the game to take Jons place, but sadly will have no chance to win immunity as it has already been held. Andrew fills the missing space on the jury.

The entire group gang up on Burton for siding with Jon and vote him off. If he won immunity, they vote off Lil for joining them. They then vote off the other next episode.

But I'd say Burton did not win immunity and it was he who sabotaged the camp very soon after IC so he could blame Christa because he knows he's on the chopping block. The other members don't buy it.

Rup, Christa and Sandra now have control of the game again and then get rid off T & D. Rup wins immunity and takes Christa with him. Everyone on the jury except Sandra hates Christa. So that's a bonus and because he is closer to Christa than Sandra, they won't automatically think he only picked Christa because he thought he would be a better chance of winning, which could result in one or two changing their vote against Rup if they did think that.

Rup wins by the votes from Ryan, Darah, Andrew, Lil

Christa gets the vote of Sandra

T and Burton are 50/50. But doesn't matter. Rup wins anyway.

But with the chance of 3 outcast teams when it's down to 3 potentially taking a spot could change things. If the 3 don't win, any one could be voted out as they won't have an individual IC as it was in a team comp that they lost. I'll say the girls will ditch Rup, and if either wins F3 immunity (which will be held straight after the vote in - quiz comp or something), will take the other girl with them.

Razor

Coach
knightsgal85 said:

Because it was his idea to throw the challenge to get rid of Christa. Some others agreed with him, but most decided to then throw the challenge so they could get rid of Burton for wanting to throw the challenge.

knightsgal85

Juniors
Razor said:
knightsgal85 said:

Because it was his idea to throw the challenge to get rid of Christa. Some others agreed with him, but most decided to then throw the challenge so they could get rid of Burton for wanting to throw the challenge.

Thanks for revitalising my memory. I knew there was some controversy among it all.

Razor

Coach
Chicken_Hunter said:
OMG, will someone please kick that jon androtop up the arse.. Fair dinkum if i was there i would be so frustraited with him i would drown him...

Savage and rupert are the coolest by far... This is the first survivor series i have actually watched... The night it started i had nothing to do so i decided to watch it and now i am addicted to it..

Jon is doing so wonderfully well in the popularity rankings...NOT

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor7/polls/ratingtrends.shtml (Don't go to after Thursday morning)

At 23% Jon is

Ratings, of the Survivors still in, prior to the last episode.

Rupert 91%
Christa 63%
Sandra 61%
Tijuana 57%
Darah 54%
Burton 53%
Lil 48%
Jon 23%

You can still vote on contestants voted out. Osten is currently at 29%, the second lowest behind Job. Ryan O at 70% is second behind Rupert. Once voted out, they tend to remain at a stable percentage. Trish took a massive fall the week she was voted out, after she tried to lead the coup to get Rupert out, but failed.

I'd say Lil's rating will go down.

bronnie34

Juniors
Rupert was my favourite as well but he didn't play it smart in the end, he knew he was in trouble but didn't approach any one, like the old morgan girls. I would have a least tried.
I just wish jon would get voted out he is so damn annoying and don't get me started on lil. she goes no about not being able to lie to anyone, then what the hell she is doing in the game and that whole scout thing is a joke. She can't do anything.
For me Burton looks good but I don't think it will be fair if an outcast wins the money. Come to think of it there aren't to many people left that i like maybe Sandra now, but that's it.

Razor

Coach
bronnie34 said:
and that whole scout thing is a joke. She can't do anything.

There are reports she lost her scout leadership position because she didn't know how to light a fire, or anything else.

For me Burton looks good but I don't think it will be fair if an outcast wins the money. Come to think of it there aren't to many people left that i like maybe Sandra now, but that's it.

I want Christa to win.

bronnie34

Juniors
I just heard that rupert hasn't given any interviews since being kicked off survivor, so that could mean a couple of things, they might bring him back or he has been taken away for the all star show which is just about to start filming. Interesting!
I also know who gets kicked out next week but won't spoil it for anyone.

tigermite

Juniors
bronnie34 said:
I just heard that rupert hasn't given any interviews since being kicked off survivor, so that could mean a couple of things, they might bring him back or he has been taken away for the all star show which is just about to start filming. Interesting!
I also know who gets kicked out next week but won't spoil it for anyone.
The story is that he is in the all-star survivor, and I'm pretty sure they started filming it earlier this month, which would explain the no interview thing.

Razor

Coach
When Jon came to Sandra & Christa, if they decided to accept their proposal (which for some strange reason they did), they should have insisted Lil goes first.

Then it would have been -

Sandra & Christa
Jon & Burton
D & T

Jon proved that he is a total piece of shit once more with his grandma trick.

Popularity results from
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor7/polls/ratingtrends.shtml

Rupert 93%
Sandra 72%
Christa 64%

Tijuiana 51%
Darrah 46%
Burton 43%
Lil 31%
Jon 16%

After voting for Rupert last week the bottom 5 took big plunges.

After Jon doing his trick tonight, I say he'll drop even lower.

astrogirl

First Grade
Jon is an absolute freak.

I am a gullible girl and I believed his stupid stunt. I actually got a little teary about the thought of a tribe member's oved lone dying while they were away.

What a little snot. [/foot stomp]

Razor

Coach
astrogirl said:
Jon is an absolute freak.

I am a gullible girl and I believed his stupid stunt. I actually got a little teary about the thought of a tribe member's oved lone dying while they were away.

What a little snot. [/foot stomp]

Even if it was true it was wrong to expect preferential treatment. Going off at Sandra for asking his friend to step forward isn't right.

les norton

First Grade
What a Wanker!!! That guy is a shocker, I dont think he is playing it well (the game) at all, like he insists he is doing. Rob played it well. Jon is relying on peoples sympathies....tosser!!
I'm also pissed off with Sandra. How's she going letting christa take the fall for the fish...what a bitch.

GO DARRA!!!

astrogirl

First Grade
Yes, Jon should not have expected to get preferential treatment. Although I like to think that it's in human nature to want to care for someone who is dealing with loss, and that is why the other tribe members wanted him to win that reward- after all, they believed him.

I think it is perfectly OK to use human nature to your advantage in this game (greed, common interest, motivation) but IMO Jon did the wrong thing by lying about his grandmother. That's just my opinion though - I don't think it's appropriate to speak lightly about death.

NC

Juniors
Jon is a bloody ar$ehole!! What he did was so low. I hope that once it's all over and when he goes home, someone will smack him in the head real hard.

Samwise

Bench
does anyone else think rupert is coming back? last night at tribal council he was in the same clothes as he was when he was kicked off and hadnt tidied himself up or anything where the other guy had showered, shaved, was in new clothes etc.

Razor

Coach
Samwise said:
does anyone else think rupert is coming back? last night at tribal council he was in the same clothes as he was when he was kicked off and hadnt tidied himself up or anything where the other guy had showered, shaved, was in new clothes etc.

Hope he does. The only way I can see it though is if the people voted out vote someone back in, so his appearane really wouldn't lead to a clue like that.