What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - The impersonator problem

roopy

Referee
I have just spent the best part of two hours talking to the administrators about the problem we are having with one poster who is impersonating others, altering quotes and posting slanderous material with personal contact details for members of the Knights management.

The administrators have several options to deal with the problem, and they will address the problem as soon as possible, hopefully successfully.

I have now removed a few posts I was leaving up for all to see and judge as the administrators feel they went too far, even with the phone numbers and contact details removed, but I have left a few other posts which only really attacked me personally or were only slightly abusive, so people can judge the 'threat' to our site for themselves.

I hope we can soon put this problem behind us, and i can get on with thinking about the footy.

Razor

Coach
I don't know what ISP he uses, but if isn't a major one, then you might not have a choice but to ban all users from that ISP from posting. Of course, if it's a major ISP like Bigpond or Optus you can't do that as to many other users would be affected.

roopy

Referee
Razor said:
I don't know what ISP he uses, but if isn't a major one, then you might not have a choice but to ban all users from that ISP from posting. Of course, if it's a major ISP like Bigpond or Optus you can't do that as to many other users would be affected.
One option being considered is a complaint to his ISP about the material he is posting. We have copied the material for this purpose. Other options are being looked at as well.

misty

Juniors
I was hoping we would have a trouble free forum but there's always one isn't there. :x

Nut

Juniors
Look. Theyve even posted using a fake addy in this one two. (Terminator . <-- note the fullstop) Doesnt he ever give up.

Anonymous

Juniors
Can the ISP not block this person from reaching this domain?

I am sure it is possible, whether or not it is reasonable to suggest it is another story.

Eventually they will get board and go away, just let this be the last discussion about it. If he sees we a stirred up then he wont go away.

ignore him.

-GS.

Razor

Coach
pando said:
Can the ISP not block this person from reaching this domain?

It would be technically possible, but it is unlikely they will have the system set up so they can, without blocking every user of that ISP. They wouldn't do that though, as this site can easily block an ISP itself. A site can't block an individual user unless that user has a static IP.

ReplicatedGod

Juniors
im curious, what threads has this fake poster been posting on so i can read this material?, out of curiousity. havn't noticed one around :?. Though i probably have seen them, just didn't take notice to it.

ReplicatedGod

Juniors
don't worry about that. i found out which pathetic loser your talking about. found him posting childish posts in North QLD forum about how North QLD are going to listen in 3 hours time.

misty

Juniors
The only way to stop this person is send him a warning through his pm, if he/she/it keeps it up then BAN he/she/it.... there is no other way :evil:

ReplicatedGod

Juniors
just ban them. don't give them no warning what so ever. if they want to be an idiot and ruin the forum for everyone else, they don't deserve to be here. get rid of them.