What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - What are you passionate about?

astrogirl

First Grade
Nice to see we have gentlemen on the forum, cwb and TJS :D

Didn't know that you're a teacher TJS. How long have you been teaching for? My sister is studying to be a primary school teacher. Have you got any classroom management tips? (That's the thing that she finds most difficult at the moment...)

B-dos

Referee
Im passionate about going to the pub with the boys (or just my girlfriend) for a few beers in the afternoon. Does that count?

Andy

First Grade
B-dos said:
Im passionate about going to the pub with the boys (or just my girlfriend) for a few beers in the afternoon. Does that count?

Yep, as long as you're pashin-it ;-)

Misanthrope

Staff member
Crikey, I completely forgot to list writing as something I'm passionate about. I aspire to be a published novelist, and I'm always writing something. Write now it's my novel, and a lot of poetry. I'm passionate about both forms.

Being a gentleman - especially treating ladies with the respect that they deserve (you stole my thunder CWB!)

Good to know I'm not alone. My mates and I (well, some of them) joke about forming a 'Last Gentleman's Club' someday. At present we have three members, including the Dirty Reds' own MrCharisma.

I don't think that's cheesy at all, i think it's very admirable and people like you should hold classes...and not just for men.

Hehe, I don't think I'm qualified. While I pride myself on it, it hasn't been terribly successful for me so far. :p

Charley9

Bench
chriswalkerbush said:
I don't think that's cheesy at all, i think it's very admirable and people like you should hold classes...and not just for men.

Hehe, I don't think I'm qualified. While I pride myself on it, it hasn't been terribly successful for me so far. :p

What do you mean by that? It hasn't been terribly successful.

Misanthrope

Staff member

I don't exactly have women bashing down my door to be with me. Hell, aside from a few dates this year, I've been single since last May. :|

Andy

First Grade
chriswalkerbush said:
Being a gentleman - especially treating ladies with the respect that they deserve (you stole my thunder CWB!)

meh... treat 'em mean - keep 'em keen.

astrogirl

First Grade
LOL, cwb. Apart from a couple of insignifant boyfriends and a fair few pointess dates, I've been single for 5 years!!! :|

Charley9

Bench
chriswalkerbush said:

I don't exactly have women bashing down my door to be with me. Hell, aside from a few dates this year, I've been single since last May. :|

See i can't beleive that. I mean i beleive you, but... want me to hook you up with someone?? :lol: just kidding.
Anyway, someone as sweet as you will find someone eventually and then all the girls will complain that you're taken :)

Andy

First Grade
In the words of Robbie Williams - "All the best women are married, all the handsome men are gay"

Misanthrope

Staff member
want me to hook you up with someone??

Know anyone in Ben Lomond? lol

I figure I've got a chance to start afresh when I move to Newie. I made a bad start to Uni, and basically became the loveable goof. I liked it, but it's not exactly an endearing image.

Anyway, someone as sweet as you will find someone eventually and then all the girls will complain that you're taken

:shock: Thanks, lol. I'm not really that stressed about it right now. I mean, at 21, I'm not in dire need of marriage or anything, lol.

B-dos

Referee
Quote:
meh... treat 'em mean - keep 'em keen.

Haha, that's what my mates and I joke about sometimes. Would never be able to do it though.

I think youll find it works a treat, and i think most girls will admit it. I like to think im a gentleman too, and the "Treat em mean" part doesnt mean you have to be a total wanker to the ladies, just keep them on their toes a little bit. Opening doors for the ladies and the like is all good, but there are some times where a little bit of the old "Treat em mean keep em keen" will work wonders...

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
My children.
The inequalities of this world.
There is but one border the atmoshpere.
I especially hate elitists.

see footer further detail.

les norton

First Grade
I'm passionate about a many a thing...

My 2 boys
Family and friends.
Art of all kinds
My country which is expressed in many ways...sport, when travelling. I'm very patriotic.
My beliefs....which are varied and complicated....but damnit i stand by them.

princessjen

Juniors
The inequalities of this world.
yeah im really passionate about that too. especially people thinking they are better than other people because no-one is better than anyone else, but some people sure as hell act like it.

I also hate people wasting water and thinking we have unlimited resources, because we don't.

astrogirl said:
Nice to see we have gentlemen on the forum, cwb and TJS :D

Didn't know that you're a teacher TJS. How long have you been teaching for? My sister is studying to be a primary school teacher. Have you got any classroom management tips? (That's the thing that she finds most difficult at the moment...)

Only been a teacher since I finished uni last year. I'm working casual at the moment because I haven't scored a full time position yet, but I'm hoping to get one for next year (fingers crossed).

As for your sister astro, the main tip I have for her is DON"T DESPAIR! Classroom management is by far the hardest part of the job, and it takes up (directly or indirectly) about 50% of your time. There are no infallible solutions... different strategies work for different kids. Some kids respond to praise, others to a gentle kick up the bum. Some kids needs a friendly approach where you get down to their level, others need strong leadership and guidance. The trick is to find out what every kid needs, and tailor your style to suit them, without losing your own style and identity. If that sounds complicated, it's probably because it is! :)

The main thing is to stick at it and don't get discouraged. I've found that each day is a little tiny bit easier than the last.

Latest posts