What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT_Kareoke

Lynchy

Juniors
Hey guys, im going out to a kareoke night tonight and i have no idea what song to do. I usually stick to a bit of Stevie Wonder/ Sinatra suff, sticking to the jazz/big band kind of music, but i just want to try something different. Ive got a pretty diverse voice and can do a lot of songs but i want to have a challenge. Any thoughts?

Also, whats your favourtie song to do at a kareoke night, and do you need a bit of "Dutch Courage" to get up.

Parki

Bench
my favourite song is better by the screaming jets

though anything by shannon noll is also cool

go for big numbers, not pissy songs that no one will know, and dont be afraid to make a goose of yourself

thats my strategy anyway

sing anything that is a girlie song, or a boy band song.

hit me baby one more time by britney or step by step by new kids on the block are great choices, stuff thats gonna make people laugh. i get bored watching old guys singing the gambler.

If you have a decent voice and need a song that shows off your range, have a dash at "No Such Thing" by John Mayer.

Most people will know it, which is an advantage, and it sounds really good when it's done properly.

:lol: sheeesh, you're nice.

I hate singing really. So i don't have a favourite, unless i'm in a stupid mood, then, the reason is a good song to sing too. There's proberbly better but i like that one cause i won it on singstar.

Jedda

Juniors
My flatmates run their own Karaoke business so I have plenty of opportunity to give songs a go in the privacy of my own home.

My regular songs are Bow River by Cold Chisel and Run to Paradise by the Choirboys.

I seem to have lost my nerve for singing in public though so it usually takes a few bevvies before I'll even start looking at the list.

Hope you have a great night Lynchy.

Jedda said:
My flatmates run their own Karaoke business so I have plenty of opportunity to give songs a go in the privacy of my own home.

My regular songs are Bow River by Cold Chisel and Run to Paradise by the Choirboys.

I seem to have lost my nerve for singing in public though so it usually takes a few bevvies before I'll even start looking at the list.

Hope you have a great night Lynchy.

You really are an Aussie aren't you Trudes? You aren't fooling anyone with that accent...:)

Samwise

Bench
Some of my top Karaoke moments are as follows; (it goes without saying that I was well mullered each time)

You've Lost that loving feeling - Club was full of american sailors, one of whom lent me his dog tags while I sung to some chick at the bar.

Total Eclipse of the heart - during Xmas in July, about 30 dudes all dressed up like Santa Claus. Sung the version they sing in Old school with all the swearing included.

No Woman No Cry - Had the whole joint swaying

Love Shack - Duet with the girl who was running the Karaoke (friend of mine)

Creep - Classic tune, everyone was singing along.

I've also bombed out a few times where I was too drunk to follow the teleprompter. Songs I will never sing again are; Ice Ice Baby, Whip It and Mr Boombastic.

B-dos

Referee
I was a huge Karaoke fan back in the day.

My all time fav was New York New York by Sinatra, i won a fair few competitions with that one (nothing serious, just pub comps winning free drinks etc)

I also busted out My Way by Sinatra a few times.

Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf to mix it up was always a classic.

Unchained Melody was another i did quite a bit while in London.

I use to love it down in Tassie start off their during happy hour, I was always original and went for "working class man", I rarely got boo'd off due to my overwhelming enthusiasm.

yeah most of you guys are the reason i never go to kareoke anymore. im not having a go, but i just think kareoke would be better if you sang songs you hate. like im sick of hearing khe sahn, holy grail, my shorona, etc. its just so boring to me. i love seeing old guys trying to rap or young guys singing a boy band song.

Latest posts