What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice to see some clubs are making money...

Alex28

Coach
I noted in the Fin Review today that the board of the Brisbane Broncos voted to give themsleves a 100% increase in Directors Fees.

Each are now getting $220,000 p.a. each!

Hmmm, thinking cap on ....

How about we make players directors of the club? And pay them for their skills and time and effort doing that, as opposed to what we pay them for playing? :roll:

sharko

Juniors
Hmmm, thinking cap on ....

How about we make players directors of the club? And pay them for their skills and time and effort doing that, as opposed to what we pay them for playing? :roll:

That is a vrey good suggestion as most Football Club directors are glorified drunks who love wandering around wearing the club logo but contribute very little to progressing a club...most players are as thick as pig shat so making them directors will not impact on a clubs admin!

petetheileet

First Grade
what do you think most Sydney club directors would be earning, i realise a lot of them have token jobs in the industry ie. working for pokie companies but what do you think most would get directly from the leagues club??

super_coach

First Grade
Remember Fitzy at the Eels, was getting mega bucks from both the football club and the leagues club, sitting on both boards. Bit like our pollies they can do as they please

chills74

Juniors
Regular football club directors would get a pittance. The Broncos are a company and as such have actual company directors on their board whom they pay real money too. Doubt that the whole board gets $220k though!

Alex28

Coach
Regular football club directors would get a pittance. The Broncos are a company and as such have actual company directors on their board whom they pay real money too. Doubt that the whole board gets $220k though!

Every board member is now receiving $220,000 p.a.. That is each.

Parra

Referee
Fitzgerald was the CEO of the footy club and leagues club. He earned a salary.

Parra

Referee
Club board members are not in it for the money.

Directors on the board of a company - something entirely different.

Patsy

Juniors
i imagine these guys are fairly educated fellas and add to that the risk that goes with being a company director it is probably fair pay.

Ausguy

Coach
I am sure the brisbane annual report would be much better reading than the cronulla one

I dont see 8 other clubs in brisbane... so i dont doubt it is better reading.

It would be better reading than every sydney club i expect