What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nick Kouparitsas welcome aboard!

Vicious

Bench
Yes I have heard that Woolnough is not happy in god's country and was last seen getting directions to hell so expect him in Campbelltown in the near future.
Are you serious???

tiger_nick

Bench
Wrighty79 said:
tiger_nick said:
Wrighty79 said:
tiger78 said:
He did score a great try in a night match at Leichhardt in 1997, can't remember who we were playing maybe Norths.

Was that when we beat them 9-7, and Michael Gillett kicked a field goal to even it up 7-7, and then Withers kicked a penalty from 35 out to win?

It was against Parramatta @ Leichhardt on a Friday night

Parra??? I'm 99.8% sure it was Norths cause Taylor kicked what would've been the match winning field goal, and he was still a Norths boy then. We did beat Parra at Leichhardt that year, in a night game... john Simon was their goal kicker, and he was the reason they lost. He didn't convert once from memory.

Sorry mate, I didnt spell it out properly. The great individual try he scored was against Parramatta. But yes we did beat Norths 9-7 on a Friday night. I think Gillett scored our only try from an intercept.

Spike

First Grade
Vicious said:
Yes I have heard that Woolnough is not happy in god's country and was last seen getting directions to hell so expect him in Campbelltown in the near future.
Are you serious???

For sure - Campbelltown is where bad people go when they die. I hear yappy is the gatekeeper O:)

Stellar

Juniors
Woolnough is an excellent player, probably the knights most consistent forward this year. He certainly plays the game hard.

Spike

First Grade
Apologies guys, I didn't actually think people would buy what I said because of remark about Max and the little devil smiley but you'vr got to work with what you've got. I'll put it down to the desperation of wanting to sign a quality player. :D

magpiemax

Juniors
Spike said:
Apologies guys, I didn't actually think people would buy what I said because of remark about Max and the little devil smiley but you'vr got to work with what you've got. I'll put it down to the desperation of wanting to sign a quality player. :D
You sound like a cop to me Spike! :lol: :lol: :lol:

RainMan

Juniors
Spike said:
Justin Yeo is playing for Orange Hawks in Group 10,

Justin Yeo is playing for Dubbo CYMS in Group 11, they have won the last 3 premierships in Group 11 since Justin came back. Another ex Tiger there is Bernard Wilson, Justin's cousin.

Vicious

Bench
We should be trying to sign Robert Tanielu.Is there anyone you think we should be trying to sign TN???

Simon

Juniors
Robert Tanielu hasn't really impressed in his 2 years at Melbourne. He can't crack into the side even though Chan and Kearns are out. Jensen and Perenara are off contract at the Dragons while Norrie just recently re-signed for another year.

In saying that Tanielu is about the quality of prop left on the market. Ned Catic, David Thompson, Filimone Lolohea, Chris Beattie, Craig Stapleton, Fuifui Moimoi, Nick Patterson, Jamie McDonald, Jaiman Lowe, Matt Jobson and Tanielu are virtually the only props left on the market with first grade experience.

If the player that was talked about can't get a release from his contract then I'd say none of these props are better back up then the props already at the Tigers. Is it worth signing any of them?? Maybe the best option would be a young prop who could come good down the track such as Tanielu or Lowe.

Vicious

Bench
We should be trying to sign Robert Tanielu.Is there anyone you think we should be trying to sign TN???
That question was intended for you Magpie Nick.TN,my error,confusing you with Tiger Nick.
Robert Tanielu hasn't really impressed in his 2 years at Melbourne. He can't crack into the side even though Chan and Kearns are out. Jensen and Perenara are off contract at the Dragons while Norrie just recently re-signed for another year.

In saying that Tanielu is about the quality of prop left on the market. Ned Catic, David Thompson, Filimone Lolohea, Chris Beattie, Craig Stapleton, Fuifui Moimoi, Nick Patterson, Jamie McDonald, Jaiman Lowe, Matt Jobson and Tanielu are virtually the only props left on the market with first grade experience.

If the player that was talked about can't get a release from his contract then I'd say none of these props are better back up then the props already at the Tigers. Is it worth signing any of them?? Maybe the best option would be a young prop who could come good down the track such as Tanielu or Lowe.
Very well thaught out Simon.I couldn`t really disagree with anything you said except I would be prepared to give Tanielu a chance if he came at the right price.It is hard to work out why Melbourne don`t play him,but he starts every week for Norths and they`re going real well.