What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nightingale at 9. Could it work?

drago brelli

Bench
The 'Quiet Man' Bennett is a coach who thinks outside the square. Nightingale played in the backrow at some point last year. He is no stranger to the forwards. I think this versatile and durable guy could be the answer to the no 9 position. He is strong, elusive and quick off the mark. What do all of yous think?

Leave Young at lock, bring Priddis into the team but also bring one of the young guys in. Priddis isn't an 80 minute player anymore and when he goes off it would be a good change of pace to have someone with a bit more "energy" to replace him with.

Nightingale....would it be asking too much of him?

drago brelli

Bench
Yes, Priddis will play at 9 he will want to prove to coach Bennett that he can do the job. He has great respect for Bennett. There's more to hooker than being quick out of dummy half, the big thing is the ability to pass at the right time and split the markers. The players these day are very skilled and adaptable. Let's see what the $800g man comes up with.

drago brelli

Bench
I think he has to serve a prison sentence first. Not the right message to send to the sponsors. Just kidding, I think the NRL has banned him because of past indiscressions. A type of sentence. Drags wouldn't go anywhere near him.

People deathride Dean Young at hooker, then offer up someone who I have never seen throw a pass in his whole 1st Grade career!

Nightingale is an excellent outside back, he is definately not a rake!

RedVDave

First Grade
The 'Quiet Man' Bennett is a coach who thinks outside the square. Nightingale played in the backrow at some point last year. He is no stranger to the forwards. I think this versatile and durable guy could be the answer to the no 9 position. He is strong, elusive and quick off the mark. What do all of yous think?

The thing I love about Nightingale is you could tell him to play prop and he would (and has) he is one the most passionate players there is, but I don't think putting him at hooker is the best idea Priddis/King/Rein are the best 3 options.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
Exactly what I was thinking,yes it could and will work.
look back on Phil Blake, quick of the mark and very elusive.
Except with Nightingale his got vision and can tackle

Latest posts