What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nightingale its time.

BennyV

Referee
I also agree. I really believe we need to get a winger who can;

1. Relieve our forwards in kick returns
2. Have pace in attack
3. Have pace in defence
4. Have size in tackling the best wingers and centres in opposition
5. Able to take high balls
6. And of course score tries regularly.
Any one out there fit that category?
Plenty. There's a few kids in our own ranks who would outdo Nighty in these areas.

st shaneoh

Juniors
Oh right, so if he stays out on the sideline while 3 players run at Aitken, that will stop a try?

So you don't realise it's up to our scrambling defence from Fritz, Hunt, Widdop and Sims who are meant to come across as well?

Ohhhh, and Dufty is meant to be there too.

And where was our lock in cover defence....no where to be seen, no scrambling defence whatsoever.

Let's blame the winger.
So you want our left side second rower to cover for our right winger. How about the whole team covers for Nightingale instead of him doing his job

ouryears

Bench
So you want our left side second rower to cover for our right winger. How about the whole team covers for Nightingale instead of him doing his job
When the opposition get numbers by running their fullback and an extra forward in the play, do you expect our one centre and wing to handle 4 players running at them?

Or do you expect some of our guys to get across and help our 3 guys out.

Yes, our players need to cover, get across and man up.

Why the hell wouldn't they?

rednwhites

Juniors
This all reminds me of the time we persisted with Reece Simmonds for what felt like forever. At the end of the day Nightingale is a chink in our armour (occasionally he does have matches that suit him where he does some great things). He has valuable experience on his side, undoubtedly, but Mary should be moving him into the background in order to make way for our future. He should now play the standby role.

This is coaching 101.

ouryears

Bench
Well he is not retiring which is something that is in his hands
If your club offers you 350K
a year and keep choosing you, only a mad man would say no thanks. And he most likely thinks he is doing ok.

Let's worry about our FB, Centres, Five eighth and Prop.

These are are potential achilles.

possm

Coach
When the opposition get numbers by running their fullback and an extra forward in the play, do you expect our one centre and wing to handle 4 players running at them?

Or do you expect some of our guys to get across and help our 3 guys out.

Yes, our players need to cover, get across and man up.

Why the hell wouldn't they?

Many moons ago when I played as a halfback, we were taught to count the numbers, mark up and call for our players to cover when numbers were short. I know things are different these days and the lock position plays in the centre third as an extra prop in defence.

But someone in the Dragons side needs to step up and call for cover when the opposition is stacking our right edge. The fullback and the lock are the most obvious cover however, when a center or winger is caught at marker, there should be an arrangement for the lock or seconrower to cover the right edge.

In my day, the winger always stayed out close to the touchline and the rest would slide towards him when required. So, to me Hunt or Dufty should be calling the numbers on our right edge and De Belin and Dufty should be the first there to make up the numbers. It won't always fix the problem but I'm sure it will do a better job than what is happening now. And for goodness sake, Aitken forget about rushing in so often. This is now so predictable that opposition teams are counting on it.

ouryears

Bench
Many moons ago when I played as a halfback, we were taught to count the numbers, mark up and call for our players to cover when numbers were short. I know things are different these days and the lock position plays in the centre third as an extra prop in defence.

But someone in the Dragons side needs to step up and call for cover when the opposition is stacking our right edge. The fullback and the lock are the most obvious cover however, when a center or winger is caught at marker, there should be an arrangement for the lock or seconrower to cover the right edge.

In my day, the winger always stayed out close to the touchline and the rest would slide towards him when required. So, to me Hunt or Dufty should be calling the numbers on our right edge and De Belin and Dufty should be the first there to make up the numbers. It won't always fix the problem but I'm sure it will do a better job than what is happening now. And for goodness sake, Aitken forget about rushing in so often. This is now so predictable that opposition teams are counting on it.
Spot on possum

The Damo

Juniors
If your club offers you 350K
a year and keep choosing you, only a mad man would say no thanks. And he most likely thinks he is doing ok.

Let's worry about our FB, Centres, Five eighth and Prop.

These are are potential achilles.
Wait, what? Our 5/8 who leads the league in try assists, points and line break assists is our potential Achilles?

st shaneoh

Juniors
Not to mention the prop who is playing origin, the fullback that has scored a bunch and has some cracking assists, the centre who was within a whisker of an origin call up......
Ouryears is a dummy. Has blamed everyone but nightingale for his deficiencies