What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nightingale its time.

ouryears

Bench
They scored 1 try less than us.
We scored 4 tries and they scored 3 tries and in doing so scored 3/4 of the tries we did i.e. 75%
Therefore they are 25% short of doing what we did.
If they had of scored 2 tries they would have scored half as many as us i.e. 50%
If they had of scored 1 try they would have scored 25% of what we scored.
As we are leading the comp surely the correct comparison (if we are the benchmark) is what others do compared to us rather than what we do compared to them.
I am sure pretty that is how Bellyache and the other coaches will see it.

Original statement:
But they didn't score equal number of tries Jimmy.

4÷3 means we scored 33.333% more tries than them.
-------------------------------------------------

O.T., you changed what was said in the very beginning.

Yes, they scored 75% of our tries.

However, the point WAS how many more tries DID WE score than them.

We scored 33% more than tries than them.

Old timer, if you have $2 and I have $1.....I have 50% of what you have.

But you have 100% more than me.

Ok, got it?
Enough teaching, from now you have to pay course fees

Last edited:

possm

Coach
You can bag Flo, but the fact is Aldo Carr has been doing that to wingers all year, and will continue to, he’s a speed machine.
Flo still ran for 112 metres yesterday, most of that the hard yards bringing the ball out of trouble, mistake free runs, he’s worth his weight in gold for that alone.

The 4 tries to 3 aspect doesn’t really matter when you win by 20, it just shows the Storm we’re so flustered by our attack they gave away 5 penalties in attacking positions.

Dufty is still a work in progress, him being pushed out over the sideline was disappointing, but if he stops looking for gaps and having a go he’s letting the team down.
I counted at least twice where he was backing up yesterday and if the pass had been popped he would have been away, that’s a good sign.
Not a good sign was him and Nene again getting confused over who should catch the ball, letting bombs bounce is a recipe for disaster, that needs to be fixed.

You can bag Aitken for his passing game, but jeez when you have his strength to get through the lines you don’t need to pass much, he did score two tries yesterday.

Sure, look for the negatives, there is always room for improvement, but we beat the Storm by 20 on a beautiful Sunday afternoon at Kogarah in front of 19000 screaming fans, I’ll just bask in that for the moment.
Well yes it's true, our right side STILL needs a lot of work; it has for a few years now. Probably under coach staff orders, it adopts a compressed defensive structure most of the time. Frizell, Aitken and Nightingale seem to not be able to shut down a raid and once a fast winger has the ball in his hands, there is no way any of those 3 players are going to catch him.

To me Aitken has fastly improved this season however, when trying to sut down a raid, he still comes up with air rather than a tackle. He has been doing this for quite a while and for this reason alone, I doubt he will be picked for SOO. I think he would be most suitable playing Mann's current role off the bench. He is strong, has a good step and can bust through tackles. He would cause havoc running at opposition forwards when coming on for De Belin.

Given that Aitken does not often pass the ball, has speed and is strong in attack he may prove to be a better winger than centre.

Nightingale is past his time. Anything he is doing on the field could be done better by Aitken, or Lomax. It's time to blood Lomax and time to let Nightingale go back the ISP to assist in the development of our young backs.

Original statement:
But they didn't score equal number of tries Jimmy.

4÷3 means we scored 33.333% more tries than them.
-------------------------------------------------

O.T., you changed what was said in the very beginning.

Yes, they scored 75% of our tries.

However, the point WAS how many more tries DID WE score than them.

We scored 33% more than tries than them.

Old timer, if you have $2 and I have $1.....I have 50% of what you have.

But you have 100% more than me.

Ok, got it?
Enough teaching, from now you have to pay course fees

When did they change the rules to only count tries?
Who cares, we pumped them by 20

Walpole

Juniors
When did they change the rules to only count tries?
Who cares, we pumped them by 20
You'd hardly know, going on some of the threads around here.

Lot of people worrying about a lot of things they can't do anything about.

Enjoy the ride, life's too short and all that.

RufusRex

Post Whore
I love that we beat them by 20 ... that shit is gold.

I also believe in the concept of continual improvement and not resting on your laurels.

Right now there is an obvious weakness in the team, there is a better option available who is proven when compared head to head in the same role. There is also a kid who is ready and at 8-1 it is an ideal time to give him a crack.

The only thing lacking is the will and desire to be better.

We are settling to give a stalwart a swan song.

ouryears

Bench
Which other winger has allowed Addo Carr 5 line breaks and 3 tries this season?

If you think 112 metres is a mark of success for a winger then you may as well play Leeson Ah Mau on the wing .. He would be faster and has better footwork.

The two top tasks for a winger in NRL are

1. Score tries
2. Stop opposition wingers scoring tries

Metres is a distant third

As it is Nighty is still way behind Nene in terms of metres this season and nene is doing it from less carries ... Plus he is actually scoring tries - most of which Nighty in similar positions would be incapable of scoring.

We are carrying him because of things he did in 2010 not because of what he is doing now.

Jason nightingale is the most error prone winger in the entire NRL, is contributing nothing to our for column and contributing plenty to our against.

It is a perfect time to blood a junior or at the very least put in a bloke who when compared head to head on the wing in 2016 proved he was better than nightingale in the same position.
Well buddy, the playing group don't agree with you. Nor do around 75% of our supporters.

ouryears

Bench
I love that we beat them by 20 ... that shit is gold.

I also believe in the concept of continual improvement and not resting on your laurels.

Right now there is an obvious weakness in the team, there is a better option available who is proven when compared head to head in the same role. There is also a kid who is ready and at 8-1 it is an ideal time to give him a crack.

The only thing lacking is the will and desire to be better.

We are settling to give a stalwart a swan song.

Who said he is ready?
How many tries?
How many try assists?

Let's see it in black and white.

ouryears

Bench
Which other winger has allowed Addo Carr 5 line breaks and 3 tries this season?

If you think 112 metres is a mark of success for a winger then you may as well play Leeson Ah Mau on the wing .. He would be faster and has better footwork.

The two top tasks for a winger in NRL are

1. Score tries
2. Stop opposition wingers scoring tries

Metres is a distant third

As it is Nighty is still way behind Nene in terms of metres this season and nene is doing it from less carries ... Plus he is actually scoring tries - most of which Nighty in similar positions would be incapable of scoring.

We are carrying him because of things he did in 2010 not because of what he is doing now.

Jason nightingale is the most error prone winger in the entire NRL, is contributing nothing to our for column and contributing plenty to our against.

It is a perfect time to blood a junior or at the very least put in a bloke who when compared head to head on the wing in 2016 proved he was better than nightingale in the same position.
Please share the link re the most error prone winger...

ouryears

Bench
If the comparison is about number of tries scored then the people that scored the least number of tries should be compared to the people that scored the most tries and not vice versa.
We scored 4 which for the want of a term is the 100% mark to be achieved by the opposition and seeing they scored 3 tries they achieved 75% of that mark.
On that basis my maths is perfectly correct.
Not sure why winners of a contest (in this case most tries scored) would want to compare themselves to the loser, as it is an old saying but a good saying "winners are grinners and the rest can please themselves".
When you stated my maths was crap, you WERE referring to my stat that we scored 33 per cent more than them.

There was no other argument at that stage.

Admit it, you were wrong.

If you now want to debate whether we should compare number of tries differently, that is a new debate.

However, 4 tries vs 3 tries
IS 33 per cent more.

Stop being embarrassing.

ouryears

Bench
already did ...

https://www.nrl.com/stats/

scroll down to negative plays and see nightingale in all his glory ...
Nighty does not show on most INNEFFECTIVE TACKLES

He does not show on HANDLING ERRORS

He does not show on
MOST MISSED TACKLES.

So... The errors it shows that he did make, 15, exactly what errors are these?

If you are going to make decisions , you better have all the details.

If he does not appear on handling errors, missed tackles or ineffective tackles, it seems we have a winner.

Spend some time and see what the errors were.

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench
James Graham in an interview early in the season, mary by naming him in the 19 every week
Mary is obviously getting him ready to take over when nighty retires.

How about showing his number of tries and try assist or there isn't that many?

RufusRex

Post Whore
Sorry you lose.

He does not show on most INNEFFECTIVE TACKLES

He does not show on HANDLING ERRORS

He does not show on
MOST MISSED TACKLES.

So... The errors it shows that he did make, 15, exactly what errors are these?

If you are going to make decisions , you better have all the details.

If he does not appear on handling errors, missed tackles or ineffective tackles, it seems we have a winner.

Spend some time and see what the errors were.

Here it is ... the poster boy for denial steps up and opens his mouth to change feet.

The NRL have a stat called Errors listed on their Stats page .. Nightingale is there in equal 4th with no other winger on the list. Black and white.

There is nothing more to say, your idiocy and inability to accept plain documented facts is revealed.

Old Timer

Coach
When you stated my maths was crap, you WERE referring to my stat that we scored 33 per cent more than them.

There was no other argument at that stage.

Admit it, you were wrong.

If you now want to debate whether we should compare number of tries differently, that is a new debate.

However, 4 tries vs 3 tries
IS 33 per cent more.

Stop being embarrassing.
To be on a par with us (number of tries) they in fact needed to score 1 more try not 33.33333333% more tries.
No matter how many times you apply 33.3% repeeta to 3 you will never get 4.
You are asking the ref to award you a try when you come up short you must subscribe to "you know who's" theory that if the field was shorter we would have scored more tries.
You are applying a % mark up to a number without making the allowance that you come up short of the whole number you need to achieve.

Latest posts