What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nightingale its time.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Sundays game was one of the best held a Kogarah with 19,000 fans.

The team won ANZAC and MEL which we lost last year, leading the comp and the best coach in the business came out and said we are the yard stick, the club may have up to six players called up for the blues.

The club's on a high and we are discussing a club legend after a win. Stuff that, bring on the Bunnies.

so you are saying that no other player could make those early tackle hit ups? I mean it is the only thing that Nighty is doing semi competently at the moment. Why are you so scared of becoming a better team?

I’m just enjoying being 8-1.
If we were 2-7 and Nightingale were costing us games, all for changes, but we aren’t and he’s not.

giboz71

First Grade
When the second best attack in the league can only score on the very edge of the field, through probably the fastest most in form winger in the league, there’s a lot more going right with our defence than going wrong.
Sure that edge needs to keep working on improving its cohesiveness, but in perspective the sky is not falling.

Exactly right.

Said it elsewhere, we play compressed so sides have to go wide to get around us. They are forced to go there as they have no other option. The Roosters had no answers in that first half in the Anzac game. When they gave up and took the 2, it was essentially game over. JDB knew it so he was pumped.

If sides do get around us with perfectly executed backline movements like the Storm did, then fair play to them.

Still, it was nowhere near good enough to beat us, as every other channel was covered.

ALSGI

Bench
Exactly right.

Said it elsewhere, we play compressed so sides have to go wide to get around us. They are forced to go there as they have no other option. The Roosters had no answers in that first half in the Anzac game. When they gave up and took the 2, it was essentially game over. JDB knew it so he was pumped.

If sides do get around us with perfectly executed backline movements like the Storm did, then fair play to them.

Still, it was nowhere near good enough to beat us, as every other channel was covered.
So what you’re saying is we are Shit Hot atm and f**k everything else?
I like it.

71saintsimon

Juniors
Nightingale been doing it all year being caught out of position and luckily it hasn't affected the team yet ado Carr burnt him 4 times without doubt his the slowest winger in the premiership and wil continue to be targeted by bigger faster outside backs if he is to be continued on instead of grooming in someone like Zac lomaz McGregor should atlest address the problem of his winger rushing in and and giving his opposition a saloon passage way as I recall nightingale never useto Do that under Wayne Bennett and I don't believe nightingale was any faster back then to what he is now

ouryears

Bench
Nightingale been doing it all year being caught out of position and luckily it hasn't affected the team yet ado Carr burnt him 4 times without doubt his the slowest winger in the premiership and wil continue to be targeted by bigger faster outside backs if he is to be continued on instead of grooming in someone like Zac lomaz McGregor should atlest address the problem of his winger rushing in and and giving his opposition a saloon passage way as I recall nightingale never useto Do that under Wayne Bennett and I don't believe nightingale was any faster back then to what he is now
Agree, and ask nighty, our centres and Fritz why there is the lack of trust between them in defence.

Saintsified

Bench
Nightingale is the glue that holds our team together, take him out and you will see more losses. Ain't broke don't fix.

BTW, cowgirls should dump JT to reggies cause he isn't as quick as he once was, making more errors and is past his prime.. Just sayin

avocado

Juniors
The fox is the best in the business and makes most opposition wingers look silly.
Unfortunately Nightingale had his pants pulled down in a big way. From memory JAC's first touch of the match he ran around Nighty with ease. Too much ease.

It's fine to say , hey we're 8 and 1 but you can't just ignore such a glaring weakness.
It could well have been 34-0

Saintsified

Bench
The fox is the best in the business and makes most opposition wingers look silly.
Unfortunately Nightingale had his pants pulled down in a big way. From memory JAC's first touch of the match he ran around Nighty with ease. Too much ease.

It's fine to say , hey we're 8 and 1 but you can't just ignore such a glaring weakness.
It's not a weakness for Nightingale if the other 90% of the wingers in the comp can't do that to him and they can't. Again JAC does that every week to everyone. Blacklock was the same. In fact I'll bet anyone on here when Dragons play Storm again JAC won't do it again to Flo. Bet my life on it actually, cause I'm backing quick between the ears and learning from his mistakes over JAC speed every day of the week, I rate Flo that much I believe rolls will be reversed.

It's all bullshit that Flo is slow and past his prime, he is exactly the same and now smarter than he ever was. Some are just looking for new scapegoats cause it can't be Mary or Doust anymore.

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
It's not a weakness for Nightingale if the other 90% of the wingers in the comp can't do that to him and they can't. Again JAC does that every week to everyone. Blacklock was the same. In fact I'll bet anyone on here when Dragons play Storm again JAC won't do it again to Flo. Bet my life on it actually, cause I'm backing quick between the ears and learning from his mistakes over JAC speed every day of the week, I rate Flo that much I believe rolls will be reversed.

It's all bullshit that Flo is slow and past his prime, he is exactly the same if not smarter than he ever was. Some are just looking for new scapegoats cause it can't be Mary or Doust anymore.
You are an ostrich. lol

RedVDragon

Juniors
I am assuming you aimed that comment at me.
I am not "blaming" McGregor.
Just pointing out that seeing as there is a groundswell of sentiment wanting to drop Nightingale, McGregor is the only one that has the power to do it.
I am happy to persevere with Nightingale.
Totally agree that Aitkin in particular, is a liability in defence.
Yet he is being talked up as a SOO prospect.
so no ones to blame but we agree that our right side defence is shaky. Right?
Not necessarily Dennis I too have been critical of Mary. Let’s see how gypsy goes this week against soufts

epDragon62

First Grade
Nighty virtually didn't touch JAC on the four occasions he crossed the line; please don't let's say he does that to most other wingers.

Mary has to fix this weakness, one way or another.

Lovemedragons

Juniors

Unless you are suggesting we drop Frizzell too then it would never have been 34-0,

FlameThrower

Bench
Sundays game was one of the best held a Kogarah with 19,000 fans.

The team won ANZAC and MEL which we lost last year, leading the comp and the best coach in the business came out and said we are the yard stick, the club may have up to six players called up for the blues.

The club's on a high and we are discussing a club legend after a win. Stuff that, bring on the Bunnies.
also congrats to the Club, the whole game day experience with the fans and entertainment has improved this season. if only they could find a TV manufactuer as sponsor ...that little screen near the hill is near useless to view from anything over 20 metres away...

also congrats to the Club, the whole game day experience with the fans and entertainment has improved this season. if only they could find a TV manufactuer as sponsor ...that little screen near the hill is near useless to view from anything over 20 metres away...

I don’t understand why they moved it?
Half the crowd can’t see it and on a sunny afternoon I’m sure the crowd in the grandstand can’t either.

Not necessarily Dennis I too have been critical of Mary. Let’s see how gypsy goes this week against soufts
Will be interesting with Inglis, Johnson etc out wide.
They also have S. Burgess back so he will test our forwards.
I felt we were a bit lucky last time we played them and their form line is one I am following.
If we come out, adjust our tactics and beat them again then it will prove that we are evolving - finally.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
People on here really need to re watch the game and realise those tries had very little to do with Nightingale. First try looked a lot like a forward pass from Slater to Carr ( as likely was Hunts pass to Aitken for our first try), the last try in the dying minutes was due to some brilliant work by Melbourne including a magic flick pass by the centre. Frizzell missed the tackle that led to the other try. Yes it resulted in making Nightingale look like he was out of position (but only due to other circumstances) but hey Melbourne do that to plenty of good back lines. He did mange to help bundle Carr into touch late in the game too after a forward pass from Slater, something I haven't seen happen to Carr very often.

Latest posts