What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nine Knights face sack

aqua_duck

Coach
Belly07 said:
Newcastle needed forwards to give Jarrod Mullen time to create things on the field. Newcastle should sign Joel Clinton (Penrith) and Jason Ryles (St. George). Add these two to Bedsy and Simmo, and Newcastle have a strong forward pack capable of defending the middle of the ruck - an area the Knights are struggling with at the moment. Newcastle then need to sign a young up and coming half or 5/8 to play alongside Mullen and a proven outside back with proven try scoring ability. This along with the current crop of Knights juniors would lead the Knights back to the top of the field, where they belong. Beleive in Smith - he knows how to turn a struggling team around. Just look at Parra now.
I agree 100%, Smith knows where his strengths are, Gidley, Mullen, and Buderus. They say the most important positions in the team are fullback, 5/8th, halfback and hooker, we got 3/4 covered with rep players. We got a good young up and comin halfback in PL named Luke Walsh who perhaps needs another off season before he's ready for NRL, I'd definately go after Joel Clinton, he runs the ball as hard as any player in the comp, Luke MacDougall has a proven try scoring record so his signing should help, and then add either Naiqama or Whatuira, and the side starts to take shape. After that we need the young uys to step up, guys like Vuna, Uate, Paterson, Snowden, Seu Seu, there's alot of talent there and I'm sure Smith knows that better than most

Mr48Volts

Juniors
I'm just glad someone is finally showing the balls to cut the dead wood. I would have liked to see wooly stay but at the end of the day, while guys like Seage and Thiaday and Abraham could be world beaters, through injury they have been useless to us.

I can honestly say it's exciting times ahead and acutally shows without fear of hyperbole how AJ made many guys look way better than they acutally were, this is a good move and something that will make the club stronger in the long term.

Mr48Volts

Juniors
MC DUI said:
It's good and all to be cleaning out the dead wood, but some of these names being thrown around as signings are deadset terrible.

It's like replacing junk with junk.

Forgot to ad to my last post, yes we need good signings, not ryles up front, give us a mongrel.

Belly07

Juniors
aqua_duck said:
I agree 100%, Smith knows where his strengths are, Gidley, Mullen, and Buderus. They say the most important positions in the team are fullback, 5/8th, halfback and hooker, we got 3/4 covered with rep players. We got a good young up and comin halfback in PL named Luke Walsh who perhaps needs another off season before he's ready for NRL, I'd definately go after Joel Clinton, he runs the ball as hard as any player in the comp, Luke MacDougall has a proven try scoring record so his signing should help, and then add either Naiqama or Whatuira, and the side starts to take shape. After that we need the young uys to step up, guys like Vuna, Uate, Paterson, Snowden, Seu Seu, there's alot of talent there and I'm sure Smith knows that better than most

I agree with your comment, aqua_duck. The Knights have got some really good PL, JF and Jnr players at the club. With the right mix of players bought into the club up front and a potent tryscorer out wide, the Knights will win the Premiership within 3 years. Give Smith time to build the team he wants, with the style he wants them to play.

Latest posts