What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nines Shocking Coverage: 3 Extremly Valid points

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
i was happy with the ad breaks, they werent too OTT. The one thing i was happy with, was the fact that i didnt notice the time when they restarted it... coz like it was form the 10m like, i remember grothe going high on Price and then it froze, and went back toi the 27th min. I was WTF for a while, but forgot abotu it

RalthFilthy

Juniors
LebaneseForces said:
In defence of 9 it wasn't there cameras... If you guys paid attention they said on a number of occassions they're getting the fed from Sky Sports.
They were taking the live feed and delaying it for us, some idiot at 9 pressed the wrong button or something after the ad break, it had nothing to do with the live feed.

I think we are spoilt by the professional and accurate coverage of Foxsports.
Nine don't come close to Foxsports Coverage of the NRL.

Hass

Juniors
I was thinking to myself, geez this match has gone fast, I didn't realise there was only five minutes to go in this half.

A short while later the "Wide World of Sports" cutaway appeared and suddenly we went back in time by 9 minutes.

It's hard to stuff up a delayed telecast much worse. You think you're safe to avoid the score when you're actually watching the match, but apparently not.

Cheers.

Hallatia

Referee
I could not take the ad breaks, it got to the stage where I knew they were coming and would beg the tv not to put them and then the transmission error, it was a sensational game, but channel 9 made it frustrating and it was like they were punching you in the face. In a game like that, I would not care what was going on around me, I would not take my eyes off it, but channel 9 ... grrrr :fist::crazy:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Fork out and get Fox if 9 is so bad. One of the few pluses of 9 coverage being so bad in the West is you have no choice other than to spend the moeny and get decent Fox coverage.

nqboy

First Grade
Hass said:
A short while later the "Wide World of Sports" cutaway appeared and suddenly we went back in time by 9 minutes.
We didn't get that part of the debacle up here in Paradise but the timing of it is deliciously ironic in that time travel was discussed on the news with the final proof being someone who could tell you something that happened in the future (even if it was only 9 minutes in the future).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The actual reason for it not being live was related to the prime time ratings grab, not ACA - NRL would've rated higher. It was to do with making sure the footy was still on and rating beyond the 8:30 mark.

bobmar28

Bench
I didn't notice the time difference but I did see what looked like a sudden change of camera angle, I suppose that was it. Other than that I was happy with the coverage, it was the same as a live game.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Agreed. It was a good coverage, and unless I climbed atop Mt warning with a milk crate and the Hubble telescope, and craned my neck to see Mt Smart, I would not have had any advanced warning of the score.

Those complaining about it not being live should have:

1) stopped the live internet stream from NZ radio,

2) Hung up on Iafita as he was calling you from the stands,

3) closed the Prophesies of Nostradamus quatrain about the half time score in the 1st semi of 2007

4) Bought a plane ticket to Auckland and went to the bloody game instead!!!

gunnamatta bay

Referee
If it wasn't live why did they start at 8.30pm (6.30pm AEST) in NZ? I mean most fans would keep away from any 'spoilers' to ensure they see the game without any knowledge of the score.

I mean when was the last time a game started at 8.30pm in Sydney?

gunnamatta bay

Referee
join the bandwagon said:
um Tonight.

Oh yeah to accommodate the game in Nth Qld

But it still doesn't answer the question why the game was delayed an hour in NZ from the normal kick off time cause there was no live coverage here so whats the point?

I read during the week the game was shifted back an hour to accommodate Australian tv.

gunnamatta bay said:
I mean when was the last time a game started at 8.30pm in Sydney?

QF 3 2006 - Bulldogs vs. Raiders - Telstra Stadium
QF 3 2005 - Dragons vs. Sharks - WIN Stadium (not Sydney, but close enough)
QF 3 2004 - Bulldogs vs. Cowboys - Telstra Stadium

Since the switch to live finals the 2nd vs. 7th game has been played at 8:30pm Saturday night.

Iafeta

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Agreed. It was a good coverage, and unless I climbed atop Mt warning with a milk crate and the Hubble telescope, and craned my neck to see Mt Smart, I would not have had any advanced warning of the score.

Those complaining about it not being live should have:

1) stopped the live internet stream from NZ radio,

2) Hung up on Iafita as he was calling you from the stands,

3) closed the Prophesies of Nostradamus quatrain about the half time score in the 1st semi of 2007

4) Bought a plane ticket to Auckland and went to the bloody game instead!!!

Heh, I assume you mean me... I'm in Sydney, couldn't afford to get back :(:(:(

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
gunnamatta bay said:
Oh yeah to accommodate the game in Nth Qld

But it still doesn't answer the question why the game was delayed an hour in NZ from the normal kick off time cause there was no live coverage here so whats the point?

I read during the week the game was shifted back an hour to accommodate Australian tv.

Accommodate what? The 3 v 6 and 2 v 7 games have always been 6:30 then 8:30 for a number of years now... Bulldogs v Canberra @ Telstra last year was 8:45 kickoff basically... didn't get home til 1am.