What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nines Shocking Coverage: 3 Extremly Valid points

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Oh yeah to accommodate the game in Nth Qld

But it still doesn't answer the question why the game was delayed an hour in NZ from the normal kick off time cause there was no live coverage here so whats the point?

I read during the week the game was shifted back an hour to accommodate Australian tv.

OK... if they played it 7:30NZ time, it would have started 5:30AEST.

5:30 AEST would intersect the news. That's one program Nine don't like budging on. So, rather than have the game on an 1.5hr delay, they shifted the NZ kickoff time back as far as practicable to have the shortest delay but still runneth over into Friday primetime after 8:30pm.

:crazy:

Perth Red

Post Whore
RalthFilthy said:
:roll: Yeah, that would have solved last nights dramas.:roll:

No dramas on Fox, ran to time, no adverts, no half time dribble and in the West we got to watch it at 8.30pm, sorted!

coolumsharkie

Referee
I watched it on fox.. uninterupted and all the bullsh*t (except for the commentry) taken out.

10:30pm was hard to wait for just the same.

imasharkie

Coach
parra-matters said:
I think we are spoilt by the professional and accurate coverage of Foxsports.
Nine don't come close to Foxsports Coverage of the NRL.

That is absolutely correct parra. I would love to see the two outlets given equal rights. I know which one of them would come out on top with the viewers.

BTW congratulations on your teams win.
Loved every minute of it.

The Tank

Bench
Has anyone else heard the rumours that 9 will axe it's current setup in favour of Fox Sports branding. FSon9?

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
join the bandwagon said:
Channel 9's coverage was absolutely abysmal.

First, they delay the football because of their 'Duty' to report on Apec during ACA, when in fact they ran stories focusing of Peter Brock's wife and a Ford for sale in America.

Second, I distinctly remembering Channel 9's sport boss telling Ray Hadley last week that they would run the game as if it was live. He said it would include add breaks consisting of 1 add (as per their usual live coverage) after stoppages. The first add they did this, but the very next add went for 3 minutes as did all others.

Third, when 9 left for a break in the 27th minute, they came back and it was the 35th. They realised their mistake and cut back. We all saw the score so that 10 mins of football was pointless for us to see as we knew no score would eventuate.

Shame Nine, Shame!

Also, was it just me or did they run 3 adds during a 10-15 minute period?
Nien are pathetic and continue to treat RL supporters outside NSW/QLD with contempt.

NRL lift your game.

j5o6hn

Juniors
9 don,t give a stuff about Rugby League,and the NRL are gutless for putting up with the crap 9 dish up,here in the West Perth we just get treated like rubbish,9 in Perth sings the RL dont rate song,though they are going to show the Sunday game at 1-30 on Sunday arvo so I assume its live.
As for FOX its great till finals time then nothing,9 wont allow the games to be shown on FS3,and the NRL just cops it,seems odd, as so far as sport goes Rugby League keeps the bastards at 9 afloat during winter with the rateings they pull with RL.
I shall see if we get the grand final live

Crippler

Juniors
was there any mention of teh error on the radio talkback today? If so did channel 9 ring to offer an apology?

yakstorm

First Grade
The Tank said:
Has anyone else heard the rumours that 9 will axe it's current setup in favour of Fox Sports branding. FSon9?

There has been a fair bit of talk of combining the Fox Sports and Channel 9 RL teams and coverage to produce all games through the same production arm.

Honestly I hope it happens, Fox' coverage of RL is quite professional, though that said there are some components of 9's coverage I wouldn't mind seeing included as part of FS's overal package.

Fox Sports and 10 did a lot of joint production this year with the AFL and overall the quality of their product improved significantly. It also sped up the introduction of HD coverage of AFL, so it would hopefully do the same for League.

Rabs and Stero would be pretty good additions to the FS team, I'm not sure who else they would take...

El Diablo

Post Whore
j5o6hn said:
9 don,t give a stuff about Rugby League,and the NRL are gutless for putting up with the crap 9 dish up,here in the West Perth we just get treated like rubbish,9 in Perth sings the RL dont rate song,though they are going to show the Sunday game at 1-30 on Sunday arvo so I assume its live.
As for FOX its great till finals time then nothing,9 wont allow the games to be shown on FS3,and the NRL just cops it,seems odd, as so far as sport goes Rugby League keeps the bastards at 9 afloat during winter with the rateings they pull with RL.
I shall see if we get the grand final live

Perth is owned by WIN

doddsy

Juniors
There's some points all of us need to remember regarding Channel Nine.

Firstly, the decision to go with the game delayed at 7pm was a fair one. Nobody could have predicted what may have happened with APEC, so had they committed to a 6.30pm live broadcast and a major newsworthy event happened with APEC, they would have been forced to push the game back and that would have created huge production problems. Hence, the decision to go with 7pm instead was a safe one and didn't really affect anyone in the long run.

Secondly, on Friday night nine used the cameras of SKY TV in New Zealand because they are not allowed to bring their own cameras in and set it up like they would an NRL match, as Sky TV have the production rights. Hence, Nine have to match their audio with the vision. Combine it with having to put a game on television on a 30 minute delay (very difficult as the first half was still going when they want to air) and I think nine did a reasonable job.

There is no doubt Channel Nine has some major problems to overcome but it's not all that bad. I like the colour and flair they often have, as opposed to Fox which is very cardboard.

The reason Channel Nine do not show rugby league into other states is because they clearly don't believe it's commercially viable. They are a business, that simple. However, they should allow fox to broadcast into those states, no doubt about that.

doddsy

Juniors
I'll also point out that anyone who has been to America and watched some of their free to air coverage of football and baseball would know how incredibly advanced and enjoyable Nine is in comparison.

Hari Kari

Juniors
I hate when they cut away from the play to show a picture of Walters or Johns ugly head on the sideline when they blabber out their rehashed commentary.

Anyone who actually knows who those blokes are already knows what they look like. Keep the cameras on the fricken game Nein.

Latest posts