What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nissan to join V8 Supercars competition in 2013

WAPAU

Juniors
I wish they didn't have the control chassis. I liked it when they had to build the cars around road cars. Was far more interesting and way cooler when you could point out similarities between your car and the won that just won Bathurst.

Nissan may run with the new skyline body shape. I dont mean the R35 GTR, but rather the g37 skyline which is the Japanese equivalent to the commodore. Runs the same engine and chassis as a 370Z I think.

Danish

Referee
I wish they didn't have the control chassis. I liked it when they had to build the cars around road cars. Was far more interesting and way cooler when you could point out similarities between your car and the won that just won Bathurst.

Nissan may run with the new skyline body shape. I dont mean the R35 GTR, but rather the g37 skyline which is the Japanese equivalent to the commodore. Runs the same engine and chassis as a 370Z I think.

Seems like a reasonable assumption... although I'd think that they would want to capitalise on the marketing for being in this series by having whatever car they use on sale in Australia. Even though they are essentially just a carbon fibre shell over a control chassis people still lap it up. Holden and Ford have sold plenty of falcodores over the years despite the supercars being nothing at all like the road cars.

Hopefully we will see a large performance sedan by Nissan in the near future on our roads

feral dragon

Juniors
body shell must be 4 doors....the japanese working on an engine that runs on e85....augers well for our local sugar industry...

DC_fan

Coach
Some suggestion today Mazda may be apart of the V8 super cars next year. Interesting times ahead.

Fire

First Grade
Nissan will be good. Love Kelly Racing, too. Can't wait, will freshen things up.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

I had a chat to the guys on the Infiniti (which is basically to Nissan what Lexus is to Toyota, a luxury-market sub-brand) stand at the Melbourne grand prix about it as I was curious as to whether the bosy shape would be based on one of the Infinitis and they said it wouldn't, but would rather be based on something Nissan-badged, so G37 (which is an Infiniti in Australia) looks like it could be out.

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade
Used to love Touring Car Racing.

Skaiffe and his cronies can shove it with this Car Of The Future crap. This combined with more tracks like the Sydney street circuit where avoiding the walls is paramount due to lack of competetive corners are the reasosn I have stopped supporting the category.

Before this year I had been at all bar one Bathurst in the last 15 years. Whilst ever this direction is continued I wont be to another one

woodyk2

First Grade
Depends on their motor. The chassis are all the same except for some minor rear end adjustments.

Parra

Referee
Depends on their motor. The chassis are all the same except for some minor rear end adjustments.

Sort of depends on the motor. Seems Nissan & Merc will use modern motors, detuned to run E85 and have the HP capped to be the same as a 2V pushrod V8.

Small step in a good direction, and can only be good for touring car racing in Australia I suppose.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Bring on the big hitting hemis ffs, sick n tied of the Holden / ford bullshit.

Won't take an interest till I can watch the Vals run around (preferably with a fooking big 8 instead of a 6).

Fire

First Grade
12962_10151414295348427_738237145_n.jpg