What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nixon=Knob

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
How much did this tool carry on last night.

Hussey had a dig at him when he received his MOM award, but only referred to hm as "the English keeper".

He just carries on like a wanker and never shuts up.

He's made f**k all runs,

Surely there are better options for England than this fossil.

Scott

Bench
He carries on a bit like Gilchrist when he is behind the stumps.

Surely Chris Read would be a better option!

Twizzle said:
How much did this tool carry on last night.

Hussey had a dig at him when he received his MOM award, but only referred to hm as "the English keeper".

He just carries on like a wanker and never shuts up.

He's made f**k all runs,

Surely there are better options for England than this fossil.
He did say his name, so he wasn't just referring to him as the Enlgish Kepper.

Name me one other keeper that doesn't carry on like an idiot in world cricket.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he mentioned his name at the press conference, but not at his MOM award

there is a difference between encouraging your team and carrying on like a tool

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Nixon is doing his job if he's getting under the skin of aussie batsman. Good on him, as Johns magic says if he's getting to hussey then it must be working.

Did Nixon get into Hussey before or after he said he didn't get the edge?

And after Gilchrist preached to Craig MacMillan when he edged one two seasons ago and didn't walk about cheating and unsportsman like behavior.....did Gilchrist say anything to Hussey about the same matter?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
mad kiwi elloco bandido said:
What was he saying

he told him he should hvae walked if he hit it

thats all that Huss said, he said he couldn't repeat the other things he said

its not just what he said, its all the carry on he does, to me he just acts like a tool and for a bloke who cant bat or keep, he should just concentrate on his own game

I've got no problems with a niggle or sledging, the bloke just rubs me the wrong way

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
douglasallen91 said:
guess aussies are only allowed to act as tools twizzle

thats rich coming form you dougie

you're pretty much proof that that's not the case

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sam_the_man said:
Nixon is doing his job if he's getting under the skin of aussie batsman. Good on him, as Johns magic says if he's getting to hussey then it must be working.

Did Nixon get into Hussey before or after he said he didn't get the edge?

And after Gilchrist preached to Craig MacMillan when he edged one two seasons ago and didn't walk about cheating and unsportsman like behavior.....did Gilchrist say anything to Hussey about the same matter?
Yeah you're probably right, but i agree with Twizzle the guy is a Knob. near the end of the first game when England we're being hammered he was trying to put sh*t on Clarke, Clarkey just laughed at him.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Twizzle said:
he told him he should hvae walked if he hit it

thats all that Huss said, he said he couldn't repeat the other things he said

its not just what he said, its all the carry on he does, to me he just acts like a tool and for a bloke who cant bat or keep, he should just concentrate on his own game

I've got no problems with a niggle or sledging, the bloke just rubs me the wrong way

Lol the guy has been playing first class cricket for 15 odd years and averages in the mid 35's with the bat.....your statment isn't exactly on the money now is it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
average of 4.5 , yeah he's a real gun batsman

in his first game he let a few go straight through his hands and dropped a simple catch

he should go back to his first class cricket because thats all he is, he has shown he's not up to this level

all he can do is talk the talk

ozbash

Referee
i agree with the twizzman on this, nixons a dickhead.

give me gilly or magoo anyday

willvillain

Juniors
I was thinking of starting this thread, but I'd already done one about Geraint Jones during the Test series and I didn't want people to think I hated all the Pommy keepers!

Nixon just carries on like a prat the whole time. So much about him is annoying. The mouthguard, the quality of his play (can't remember a keeper letting through so many byes!), the carryon (worse than Warne and Murali when decisions didn't go his way last night!), the hyperactive shuffling at the crease....

Although I did get a lot of laughs out of him when they were showing the replay of Hussey's reaction after he was given not out - you could see Nixon in the background... "You are f*cking kidding me! YOU ARE F*CKING KIDDING ME!!!".

Clear as day. And it made my day.

But yeah, he seems like a d*ck, and I don't respect players who talk sh*t but can't back it up. Say what you want about Warney, Pidge, Tugga...they are all guilty of sledging and 'mental disintegration' but they could all back it up with world-class cricket.

Bring back Chris Read - a talented and likable cricketer!

Sam_the_man

First Grade
willvillain said:
I was thinking of starting this thread, but I'd already done one about Geraint Jones during the Test series and I didn't want people to think I hated all the Pommy keepers!

Nixon just carries on like a prat the whole time. So much about him is annoying. The mouthguard, the quality of his play (can't remember a keeper letting through so many byes!), the carryon (worse than Warne and Murali when decisions didn't go his way last night!), the hyperactive shuffling at the crease....

Although I did get a lot of laughs out of him when they were showing the replay of Hussey's reaction after he was given not out - you could see Nixon in the background... "You are f*cking kidding me! YOU ARE F*CKING KIDDING ME!!!".

Clear as day. And it made my day.

But yeah, he seems like a d*ck, and I don't respect players who talk sh*t but can't back it up. Say what you want about Warney, Pidge, Tugga...they are all guilty of sledging and 'mental disintegration' but they could all back it up with world-class cricket.

Bring back Chris Read - a talented and likable cricketer!

lol the blokes only played 4 ODI's give him a chance. He seems to be able to backup the talk in first class with very good average for a wicket keeper batsman.
As for his keeping, he's played 500 odd games in english conditions and 4 in Australian...ball swings differently between contries, moves later in some, dips in some where as others don't at all (so i was told by a former NZ wicket keeper) Give the bloke a chance to aclimatise to the conditions then bag him perhapes.
At the end of the day he is doing everything he can to get his team a win, isn't that the attitude you want from your international players?

Also, shouldn't we be having a thread on Hussey being a cheat?:^o

willvillain

Juniors
Sam_the_man said:
At the end of the day he is doing everything he can to get his team a win, isn't that the attitude you want from your international players?

I suppose that's a good point actually.

To use a rugby league example, it's the reason why I love having the Steve Matais and Terry Hills when they play for Manly, but I'd hate them if they played for another team...

Latest posts