What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nixon=Knob

spider

Coach
Love a good sledge - but as previosly posted, be able to back it up.

He is ordinary in all aspects, and an average of 35 over there is crap comparatively.

Its probably equivalent of something in the teens over here.

But good luck to doing what is required for a win - god knows they cant achieve that through the skills of the game, so up the anti in the sledging i say.................

Sam_the_man

First Grade
SpiderShark said:

He is ordinary in all aspects, and an average of 35 over there is crap comparatively.

But good luck to doing what is required for a win - god knows they cant achieve that through the skills of the game, so up the anti in the sledging i say.................

Don't know if i'd go so far as to say 35 over there is an average in the teens in aussie but i do know what your getting at.

your dead right when you say skill wise they don't have what it takes to go punch for punch with aussie so if Nixon can get under the skin of aussie batsmen and help get them a win then all good.

Surely we all want to see competitve cricket, not one sided borathons.

TheParraboy

Staff member
LOL those of you saying its getting under Husseys skin
46 not out, man of the match, give us more Nixon :D

willvillain said:
But yeah, he seems like a d*ck, and I don't respect players who talk sh*t but can't back it up. Say what you want about Warney, Pidge, Tugga...they are all guilty of sledging and 'mental disintegration' but they could all back it up with world-class cricket.

excellent point

salivor

First Grade
SpiderShark said:

Completely disagree re Nixon's average. English pitches are very similar to NZ pithces, i.e. bowler friendly and generally sh*t. County cricket is no walk in the park either, Australian domestic cricket would be the strongest in the world but County cricket wouldn't be too far behind particularly with some of the world's best players playing there.

I'm no fan of Nixon but for a keeper 35 domestically is very good, I'm not going to call him a hack after only 4 ODI knocks.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
TheParraboy said:

excellent point

Hussey seems to be the one having a sulk about it:D

Sam_the_man

First Grade
TheParraboy said:

excellent point

What was Hussey on when he proved himself to be a lying cheating f**k?:D

dice

Juniors
IMO, Lewis was the biggest knob on the night. Flukes 4 wickets off deliveries that should have been put away to the boundary and carries on after every delivery no matter how bad.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
dice said:
IMO, Lewis was the biggest knob on the night. Flukes 4 wickets off deliveries that should have been put away to the boundary and carries on after every delivery no matter how bad.

Biggest knobs in the series have been the umpires, some of there dessions have been shocking....worse than you can normally expect in a series.

Sam_the_man said:
What was Hussey on when he proved himself to be a lying cheating f**k?:D

in the words of the great stephen roger waugh , if you break the speed limit you dont go and hand yourself in at the local police station.:)

Raider_69

Post Whore
i get the sh*ts at the way the dude is always going for a stumping, he must knock the bales off 100 times a game, 99% of the time the batsmen is well inside his crease

as said before me, if your going to sledge and carry on ala warnie and co, back it up. The old saying "put up or shut up" rings true with nixon

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The_Englishman said:
and of course he's the only Keeper to do stuff like this....ever:roll:

well no he isn't but that is no excuse

btw its good to see another pom drop in

twistedbydesign

Juniors
Lets face it, if you have to wait till your 35+ to get a game for England then you're probably not too crash hot - particularly when it's geraint jones and to a lesser extent chris read who have been getting the gig previously! I don't really know why England are wasting their time with him, their ODI team has been rubbish for a long time and clearly need a new direction - I'm not so sure debutants in their mid 30's is really what the doctor ordered.

Who's "dad's army" now?

Sam_the_man

First Grade
twistedbydesign said:
Lets face it, if you have to wait till your 35+ to get a game for England then you're probably not too crash hot - particularly when it's geraint jones and to a lesser extent chris read who have been getting the gig previously! I don't really know why England are wasting their time with him, their ODI team has been rubbish for a long time and clearly need a new direction - I'm not so sure debutants in their mid 30's is really what the doctor ordered.

Who's "dad's army" now?

Bit harsh when you consider that when he was in his prime he had two blokes ahead of him called Jack Russel and Alec Stewart. Pretty hard to get a game in front of those two. Also he was taken on a couple of tours but onyl played on tour matches in the early 90's so he's been there or there abouts for sometime.
When Stewart retired the policy of the selectors at the time was youth....so this explains his lack of ODIs and tests.