What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Atmosphere

Flapper

First Grade
didnt feel like a grand final - probably cause some teams did not stand up in the finals who are arguably better than the storm & eels
If they were better than the Storm and the Eels they would've proved it at least once (against any team) to get there.

GongPanther

Referee
If you are talking about being at the ground,there's always a different buzz about the atmosphere in a GF.

If you are at home watching it on the TV,try plugging your set into your stereo AV's or if you have a HDTV,hook it up with a digital sound system.

THEN you will have all the atmosphere you need.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Atmosphere was electric at the ground from the last 20 minutes of the NSW Cup right through. That stadium is brilliant when it's filling up.

Timmah

Staff member
I think you need to hop into the Indian Ocean and keep swimming west.

Timmah

Staff member
Might be something to do with losing. The roar was the loudest I've heard whenever you guys scored though. Deafening.

bartman

Immortal
Yep. When we were in the game briefly on those occasions in the secodn half the crowd came alive.

But in terms of atmosphere it was very quiet all match, when it should still have been whispering and murmuring throughout.

I'll get flamed for saying this, but we have nothing on the atmosphere of a Superleague Grand Final at Old Trafford or a Challenge Cup Final at wherever they've played them (I've been lucky to see three of each). You'd love it there Timmah, one day you have to get yourself over there for it.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
The atmosphere wasn't bad. It just went so quiet at times because the place was full of clueless Parra bandwagoners.

No passion. No emotion.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
You need two Sydney teams, and not Manly or the Roosters, any of the others against each other would blow the top offa the joint

Imagine Wests - Bulldogs. Souths - Saints. Parra Penrith. Wests Saints, Dogs Parra...mad

What a moronic thing to say. Manly probably had 70,000 people at last years grand final and it was an absolutely awesome atmosphere.

The atmosphere was a little down yesterday because Melbourne had a fairly comfortable buffer on the scoreboard for the majority of the match. I thought the atmosphere picked up in the last 15 minutes though when Parramatta made their run.

Hass

Juniors
I thought the atmosphere was amazing.

The crowd was going mental in the lead-up to the game and kept it up even when Parra were behind. I've never heard a "Par-ra clap clap clap" chant with that much power. When Fui Fui crossed over for his try late in the game I thought the stadium roof was going to take off into space.

It was a different atmosphere to the Bulldogs game last week - the atmosphere that night was incredibly intense because the crowd was split 50/50.

Grand Finals can fall a little flat at times because most of the crowd are neutrals, but 95% of people there yesterday had jumped on the Parra bandwagon and it made for an incredible atmosphere.

hutch

First Grade
Does anyone feel the Grand Final lacks any atmosphere? It barely feels like a regular season game let alone the season decider. Just wish a better team had made it instead of the pretenders.

the atmosphere was unbelievable. youre either a hard person to please or trolling. it was probably not as good as the week before, but not by much, and that game was one of the best atmospheres at any sporting contest i have ever been to around the world.

hellteam

First Grade
Was at the game, pretty good atmosphere. Been at the ground for night grand finals (2001, 2003) and they were way better in my opinion. Everyone just seems to get so much more into it at night. I'd be happy if they changed back to a night game.

Day games do have their advantages, but it just doesnt feel like a 'big' game when it's at day time.

What about a Saturday night grand final? Would that be a problem?

Azkatro

First Grade
I actually think the atmosphere is spoiled on TV on Channel 9 by the way they mix the audio. Crowd has to be lower, lower, lower, so the viewers can hear the golden tones of Ray Warren.

You watch highlights or a replay of the Fox Sports coverage of the GF and tell me it doesn't sound like a better atmosphere.

Latest posts