What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Atmosphere

PARRA_FAN

Coach
There was definately plenty of atmosphere, way better than the 2001 and 2005 GF's which I both went to.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
I've been to Origin, cricket internationals, soccer internationals etc but the Parra v Storm game had the best atmosphere for any sports game that I have been to.

Knightmare

Coach
It was f**king sold out you f**king imbecile. And the crowd was great, cause I was there, you stupid f**king Victorian merkin. Grow a f**king brain.

Don't bother with this one Flapper. You're arguing with the same guy who called the Victorian bushfire death-toll "Natural selection at its' finest" and made fun of the victims like "Crispy" Naylor (again, he made the nick-name up himself and thought it hilarious). Definitely a load that should have been gargled and spat out way back when.

vic_champs

Juniors
play it in melbourne and get a real atmosphere, not a bunch of bogans sitting down getten pissed to the eyeballs

big_matt

Juniors
I would question anyone who thinks that atmosphere on Sunday was great. I was sitting in 306 (Parra supporters section) supporting Storm and yes when Fuifui crossed for his try it got quite loud but for the first hour of the game it was like sitting in a library.

I'm not blaming Parra fans. Lots of sports events over here are like this. In the UK, getting behind your team when they are losing is seen as more important that celebrating when they score/win.

Go to a Celtic Rangers/Liverpool Man U/College american football game etc and you will never again think an NRL grand final has good atmosphere.

Jono1987

Juniors
All these people claiming we can't generate good ground atmosphere must have been hiding under a rock while the Eels and Dogs played. Even at home and despite the match not being a complete sell-out the atmosphere comming through the TV was like nothing I've heard before. I wish I had of went out to the game.

The problem we have with the Grand Final is that supporters from all teams pay to watch the GF live but don't really care who wins the game. They're there to enjoy the occasion. Why would they cheer and yell?

DJF

Juniors
All these people claiming we can't generate good ground atmosphere must have been hiding under a rock while the Eels and Dogs played. Even at home and despite the match not being a complete sell-out the atmosphere comming through the TV was like nothing I've heard before. I wish I had of went out to the game.

The problem we have with the Grand Final is that supporters from all teams pay to watch the GF live but don't really care who wins the game. They're there to enjoy the occasion. Why would they cheer and yell?

The thing that annoys me the most is the fact that more than 50% of the cat 1 tickets which actually have a decent view of the game are reserved for the corporates who dont give a **** about the game, but are only there for their profile because it looks good if they attend high profile sporting events

Meanwhile the true NRL fans are stuck sitting behind the posts or sitting in a category A seat which is normally category C, after investing hundreds if not thousands into the game.

hutch

First Grade
Go to a Celtic Rangers/Liverpool Man U/College american football game etc and you will never again think an NRL grand final has good atmosphere.

i have been to these sports, the best atmosphere i have ever experienced is still the super league gf at old trafford. parra v dogs 09 and saints v tigers in 05 are up there with the best ive been to.

Latest posts