What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Bowen, No Merritt Origin is a Joke

worldchampion

Juniors
Mat Bowen the Greatest fullback ever to grace a rugby league field being left out by that dirty Kiwi Hunt.. My Disbeleif is absolute.. He is a genius and won origin for QLD.. ans absolute disgrace.. brisbane broncos have the QRL by the balls.. I hope hunt gets creamed

Nathan Merritt what was he one of last years NRL highest try scorers in a wooden spoon team (or second last)? Imagine if he was playing for the broncs or doggies.. I have so lost interest in Rugby league now they can all go and get !@##$@

perverse

Referee
worldchampion said:
Mat Bowen the Greatest fullback ever to grace a rugby league field being left out by that dirty Kiwi Hunt.. My Disbeleif is absolute.. He is a genius and won origin for QLD.. ans absolute disgrace.. brisbane broncos have the QRL by the balls.. I hope hunt gets creamed

Nathan Merritt what was he one of last years NRL highest try scorers in a wooden spoon team (or second last)? Imagine if he was playing for the broncs or doggies.. I have so lost interest in Rugby league now they can all go and get !@##$@
you haven't been around very long have you?

your comments about merritt do have some merit.. but not much.

worldchampion

Juniors
One does not have to be on this forum to know alot about league.. I just registered to vent my outrage on the QLD selection..

MAT Bowen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest of the NRL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hunt

perverse

Referee
no i mean you mustn't have been watching rugby league long if you honestly believe bowen is the best fullback to ever grace the field.

not even remotely close.

FunkyMonk

Juniors
worldchampion said:

are you a cowboys fan?

worldchampion

Juniors
Nah mate Im bulldogs (though I have a soft side for the cows). but seriusly Ive followed league since the my dad took me to see the bulldogs beat paramatta in 6 - 4 in 1984

Bowen does thing that even the gary jacks and brett mullins would would drop there jaw..

Like that little chip and chase that bowen did to win it against newcastle.. Farkin genious.. and how many feild goals has he slotted for the cows this year to win it for them.. let alone the 4 pointas.. besides bowen/thurstan >>>>>>>>>>>>> lockyear/hunt just look at the points table

lockyno1

Post Whore
Refer to SOO1 last year..that is why Bowen is not there. Best fullback ever..LMAO. Not even close!

perverse

Referee
rofl.. so you've been watching league for a while.. then you must be just stupid.

chip kicks, field goals and even tries are all very nice.. but do not necessarily a great player make.

bowen is good, nowhere near the best ever.

worldchampion

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Refer to SOO1 last year..that is why Bowen is not there. Best fullback ever..LMAO. Not even close!

Is that the one where he won it on extra time? with that kimmorely intercept

this pimple headed sunburnt nerd that no one would ever listen to knows what Im on about

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dwOIpRQlV1Q

Bowen is genus.. makes the game worth watching... Origin 1 will be a dud

FunkyMonk

Juniors
worldchampion said:
Nah mate Im bulldogs (though I have a soft side for the cows). but seriusly Ive followed league since the my dad took me to see the bulldogs beat paramatta in 6 - 4 in 1984

Bowen does thing that even the gary jacks and brett mullins would would drop there jaw..

Like that little chip and chase that bowen did to win it against newcastle.. Farkin genious.. and how many feild goals has he slotted for the cows this year to win it for them.. let alone the 4 pointas.. besides bowen/thurstan >>>>>>>>>>>>> lockyear/hunt just look at the points table

Bowen's good but I think Hunt combines better with Lockyer than Bowen does with Thurston. Bowen is more of a player who will take the ball up himself and run around the opposition step duck weave slice and score. But against the NSW he would get coathangered and carried off on a stretcher. Remember when they picked Bowen, Sing and Ty Williams in the back row a few years back. Everytime Bowen caught the ball he'd pack it and pass it off to Sing for him to run it up, EVERY TIME. Hunt just runs it straight up and gains meters, this is a must in origin because getting caught in your own half isn't pretty when you got Mason, Ryan and such rucking it up 10 metres from your line. As for the bench spot, Berrigan has much more diversity than Bowen and a 10 times better defence game so I guess it's just no good for matty this year. Maybe if he bulks up more and tackles better he might get a go next time.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Nope that is the one where he looked like a absolute gimp at fullback..yes he took a intercept..well so what, that was 2005 not 2006? I want someone who is a big talker and someone who runs the ball back straight and hard- HUNT.

worldchampion

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Nope that is the one where he looked like a absolute gimp at fullback..yes he took a intercept..well so what, that was 2005 not 2006? I want someone who is a big talker and someone who runs the ball back straight and hard- HUNT.

well you can have your opinion.. but as the nerdy dude said look at the stats then look at the table

badav

Bench
i cant believe how many people whinge about the team. origin is the best part of the year for rugby league. it doesnt matter who gets pick someone will always whinge. just shut the f*ck up and enjoy it. cry later.

worldchampion

Juniors
badav said:
i cant believe how many people whinge about the team. origin is the best part of the year for rugby league. it doesnt matter who gets pick someone will always whinge. just shut the f*ck up and enjoy it. cry later.

let me think mmmm no.. I want to see the best players play againt the best.. not the reputation.. eg... Minichello pffft he's been out for almost a whole season and he's fit so they put him straight back in.. f**k that pattern or roberts even would have been a better choice

perverse

Referee
ROFL watched the video.. i think worldchampion, JRAWestyQld2 and matty bowen all need to get a room tbh.

worldchampion

Juniors
perverse said:
ROFL watched the video.. i think worldchampion, JRAWestyQld2 and matty bowen all need to get a room tbh.

Yes nerdy kid is pretty lame but he's right.. I hope QLD gets there ass kicked.. because of their selection.. but I hope NSW does too because of theirs. and they suck

FunkyMonk

Juniors
worldchampion said:
well you can have your opinion.. but as the nerdy dude said look at the stats then look at the table

Look at Hunt and look at Bowen, then look at berrigan. No place for bowen.

worldchampion

Juniors
FunkyMonk said:
Look at Hunt and look at Bowen, then look at berrigan. No place for bowen.

look at brisbane equal last and look at the cows.. there is no place for berrigan or hunt.. well maybe berrigan can stay

FunkyMonk

Juniors
worldchampion said:
look at brisbane equal last and look at the cows.. there is no place for berrigan or hunt.. well maybe berrigan can stay

Ah ok so there's no place for minichello, cooper, tupou and bailey either?:roll: :sarcasm:

lockyno1

Post Whore
worldchampion said:

I take you are 12 or 13 so let me put it simple for you. REP sides are never ever picked on form alone. Never have, never will be. They are picked as a combination of form, combinations, and past performances. On past performances Hunt has done noting wrong. Played game 2 last yr, qld won easily and was MOTM in the test match as well. Then you factor in his combination with Lockyer and he is a massive talker and you have the reason he was picked!

Latest posts