What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Bowen, No Merritt Origin is a Joke

worldchampion

Juniors
FunkyMonk said:
Ah ok so there's no place for minichello, cooper, tupou and bailey either?:roll: :sarcasm:

and how many different looser clubs have you picked the best players from...

how many have I?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Fair dinkum, I know I can be biased but you sir take the cake. Rep sides are not "form of 2007 sides". They are rep sides- they represent sides that get the job done. Players are picked becuase they have done it in the past, and some are picked to add to team balance. Merritt is the only person that has some MERIT in terms of not being picked, but Hayne is just as good as him and is better in defence

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
FunkyMonk said:
Bowen's good but I think Hunt combines better with Lockyer than Bowen does with Thurston. Bowen is more of a player who will take the ball up himself and run around the opposition step duck weave slice and score. But against the NSW he would get coathangered and carried off on a stretcher. Remember when they picked Bowen, Sing and Ty Williams in the back row a few years back. Everytime Bowen caught the ball he'd pack it and pass it off to Sing for him to run it up, EVERY TIME. Hunt just runs it straight up and gains meters, this is a must in origin because getting caught in your own half isn't pretty when you got Mason, Ryan and such rucking it up 10 metres from your line. As for the bench spot, Berrigan has much more diversity than Bowen and a 10 times better defence game so I guess it's just no good for matty this year. Maybe if he bulks up more and tackles better he might get a go next time.

geez that would have been carnage.

FunkyMonk said:
carnage to whom?
You said they picked Bowen, Williams and Sing in the backrow, which generally denotes the two second rowers and the lock forward. I believe you meant to say back three or backline. Mr. Fahrenheit was merely pointing out that if those three players had actually played in the backrow they would have been destroyed.

FunkyMonk

Juniors
Heavy Metal Thunder said:
You said they picked Bowen, Williams and Sing in the backrow, which generally denotes the two second rowers and the lock forward. I believe you meant to say back three or backline. Mr. Fahrenheit was merely pointing out that if those three players had actually played in the backrow they would have been destroyed.

Yeh that's true. But I believe QLD got destroyed anyway with those three in No's 1,2 and 5.

lockyno1 said:
Fair dinkum, I know I can be biased but you sir take the cake. Rep sides are not "form of 2007 sides". They are rep sides- they represent sides that get the job done. Players are picked becuase they have done it in the past, and some are picked to add to team balance. Merritt is the only person that has some MERIT in terms of not being picked, but Hayne is just as good as him and is better in defence

Hayne has nothing on Merritt, and his defence is no better than merritts, probably worse this year imo

Hayne doesnt have the vision, Merritt Does

FunkyMonk

Juniors
Rabbitohs2005 said:
Hayne has nothing on Merritt, and his defence is no better than merritts, probably worse this year imo

fancy that coming from a rabbits supporter.

Frederick

Staff member
worldchampion said:
Mat Bowen the Greatest fullback ever to grace a rugby league field
:lol::lol:

...:lol::lol:
I can't wait til this kid finishes school today so he can come back and continue to tell us how Bowen is the best player ever :lol:

just for interest, i wanna see how many players that are near to practically topping their position in the NRL that missed out for both teams

NSW:
Fullback: Brett Stewart
Wing: Nathan Merritt
Halfback: Brett Kimmorley (imo the form nsw half in the comp)
Hooker: Robbie Farah
Second Row: Ryan Hoffman

QLD:
Fullback: Matt Bowen/Billy Slater
Halfback: Cooper Cronk

The Only Controversial Call imo was The Bowen/Slater Omissions for queensland

as much as Cronk is the form half in the NRL, thurston is playing well enough to keep his spot

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Heavy Metal Thunder said:

yeah exactly.

FunkyMonk said:
fancy that coming from a rabbits supporter.

its the Secret that NSW Selectors Dont Know, because they have no eye-sight what-so-ever

maybe they should watch that oprah special on the secret, hopefully for game 2, they name a team with some credit

Ice777

Bench
worldchampion said:
this pimple headed sunburnt nerd that no one would ever listen to knows what Im on about

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dwOIpRQlV1Q

I'll take a wild guess and say if i didn't know any better i'd say that you are in fact the pimple headed sunburnt nerd in the video. I think you just wanted to get peoples attention to watch your video and you're only ridiculing the bloke in it (you) to throw people off track :lol:

and i thought Folau was top try scorer not Bowen ;-)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Rabbitohs2005 said:

Hayne is better defusing bombs and is much better in defence. Meritt's defence has improved but that is all you can say about it.

Shorty

Staff member
Rabbitohs2005 said:
Halfback: Cooper Cronk

The Only Controversial Call imo was The Bowen/Slater Omissions for queensland

as much as Cronk is the form half in the NRL, thurston is playing well enough to keep his spot
I'm sorry but Cooper Cronk is not the in form halfback of the NRL at the moment,I would say it's Scott Prince and even then Thurston is on even par.

His form has been nothing short of amazing in just about every game,so whether Thurston had his reputation or not,he would have got the job.

Dave Q

Coach
worldchampion said:
Mat Bowen the Greatest fullback ever to grace a rugby league field being left out by that dirty Kiwi Hunt.. My Disbeleif is absolute.. He is a genius and won origin for QLD.. ans absolute disgrace.. brisbane broncos have the QRL by the balls.. I hope hunt gets creamed

Nathan Merritt what was he one of last years NRL highest try scorers in a wooden spoon team (or second last)? Imagine if he was playing for the broncs or doggies.. I have so lost interest in Rugby league now they can all go and get !@##$@

This is the post of the year as far as I am concerned.

Karmichael Hunt i think has done nothing this year and may have even got backwards..that ridiculous hop step fools nobody..in fact it probably slows him down and the defence nails him

Latest posts