What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No excuse for Joey's swearing: Minister

Burwood

Bench
In all fairness, Nori's comments are concerning players swearing AT match officials, not using colourful language in general. The example given with the Roosters vs Raiders game did not involve Brett Finch or Craig Fitzgibbon aiming their abuse at the referee or touch judge, but at themselves. This part of the game will never change, but IF Johns did aim his abuse at Simpkins or Checchin then he needs to be brought into line to some degree. As a Newcastle fan I am getting a bit tired at how he seems to be attracting media attention for all of the wrong reasons lately- he should know better after 14 or so years in First Grade.

Nuffy

Bench
I'm with Joey on this, Ceccin can get f**ked for mine, what the f**k is wrong with these knobs, poor little babies they are.

So what, the bloke swore at the end of a critical game, after getting shafted by some appalling decision making, what was he supposed to do, thank him for the shafting.

Ceccin is dead set lucky he wasn't sitting near me at full time, he would have heard more than f**k and merkin, I would have knocked him clean out.

Thats 4 times this year we have been shafted by refs at EAS, its becoming a habit, I liked the nice touch of irony, when after having 4 trys disallowed against Cronulla and no benefit of the doubt, we get screwed with a benefit of the doubt try.

This is a beat up pure and simple to muddy the waters on what really happened. Ceccin and Simpkins f**ked up royally and the NRL cronies including Finch are looking to divert attention away from that fact and onto Joey et al.

Look at Clarks monumental f**k up today, he shafted the Tigers good and proper, if the NRL has any balls he will be in PL next week with Simpkins and Ceccin.

The NRL is a farce and Gallop looks like a dill more and more, forget carpetting Joey, what about getting your own house in order davo!

Finally, Sandra Nori, a neville who secured her seat through patronage and being married to John Faulker, the same Nori who whilst being married to faulker was having a affair with a NSW ALP politician.

Sandra should forget lecturing people about being role models.

I say good on Joey for saying what needed to be said and get f**ked to the refs for being so piss weak and useless.

~Z~

Juniors
please, this is so rediclous. For one, if the touchy is sensitive about hearing foul language, get off the feild. Johns walked away and swore anyway, it was hardly directed at him at all, and if ya cant handle hearing sum1 saying that after you just lost them the match with your call, then F*** off. And as for it being heard by young kids, what is the real issue here. If you dont want that happening then take the damn mics away, or have sum1 cencor it to some degree, or rate the show that it may contain language seriously ! It aint the players fault, thats the game and if you dont like it then the media needs to change its coverage, not the players.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Quite interesting to see that the Saints supporters don't have a problem with her swearing, yet alot of them are up in arms about Joeys outburst.

Can anyone say hypocrite?

IanG

Coach
Who cares what Nori has to say. She's a woman so she's probably tyhe type who'd say it's only a game. All I can say is read Joey's column in Today's Sunday Telegraph.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Forgive me if I can't take the Minister seriously when she's:
a). A woman commenting on a sport played by men
b). Probably never played a sport in her life

Why is it that our Minister for Sport isn't an actual sportsperson of some sort? Wouldn't it make sense to have somebody qualified to comment? Now, if there was some controversy in netball or some kind of cooking competition, I'm sure her opinion would be appreciated.

IanG

Coach
antbytes said:
How soon until RL is the gentleman's game and cricket loses it's status ?
Cricket hasn't been a gentleman's game for over 70 years. In my view it's lost it's status as such after bodyline.

Matt Ceccnin is obviously a frustrated referee who knows he can't cut it.

PrideKnight

Bench
IanG said:
Matt Ceccnin is obviously a frustrated referee who knows he can't cut it.

he's like a nightclub security guard...frustrated rent a cops who are too mentally unbalanced to makew it in the real force (aapologies to any security guards out there, im only talkin about those with attitude and that :p)

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
He won't be suspended. For the NRL to be able to adequately prosecute him, they would not only have to establish that it was he that had done the swearing, but also that his foul language had been directed at the touch judge. At the moment, they have been unable to do this. Nobody but the touch judge heard Joey's comments, and even he wasn't sure about whether Joey or Quinn uttered them - and Joey, moreover, categorically denies directing them at him. The judiciary simply isn't capable of making a case as things stand. Unless a recording of the incident is pulled up, Joey's off the hook.

miladi

Juniors
Not so long ago, a magistrate in Sydney refused to convict someone for swearing at a policeman, saying swearing was acceptable by community standards. How then can the NRL take issue with players swearing?

aqua_duck

Coach
PrideKnight said:
he's like a nightclub security guard...frustrated rent a cops who are too mentally unbalanced to makew it in the real force (aapologies to any security guards out there, im only talkin about those with attitude and that :p)
lol you give cecchin too much credit he's more like one of those shopping centre security guards who screams out "no running in the mall" to little kids before chasing them with his baton

Latest posts