What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No more use of club logos on sites?

I've heard a number of league sites have been asked to remove any instance of NRL related logo and other copyright material by the NRL and clubs themselves. Has LU been asked the same?

This reminds me of the MLB fan site witch hunt a couple of years ago but not as harsh. At least not yet, to my knowledge.

Igor

Juniors
I know AlternateEagles were asked to take the club logo off their site at one point. Even asked to take any pictures of players off too. The pics of the players are back, but not the logo.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yes, we were asked this quite a few months ago. That was for the main LU news site.
We'll see what happens but at this stage we'll be making our own LU team logos.

Sadfish

Juniors
Willow said:
Yes, we were asked this quite a few months ago. That was for the main LU news site.

You'd have thought they'd be happy for the free publicity......

They'd be quick to ask this site to publicse events for them though I bet.....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Sadfish said:

exactly

double standards

innsaneink

Referee
Twizzle said:
Sadfish said:

exactly

double standards

Its like the drug trade..

flood the market, its worth nothing.

restrict it and control it, its all yours.

DIEHARD

----
Willow said:

What a bunch of ####s. They need to back off.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Look, in fairness, the logos are the property of the NRL and the clubs.

I personally don't agree because if someone wanted to promote Leagueunlimited.com all over the place, I think it would be great.

But it's their choice and at the end of the day, it's just business. It's up to the NRL how they want to run their promotions.

ozbash

Referee
crazy part of it is that the clubs actually send us their news releases festooned ( :p ) with the club logos.

ozbash said:
crazy part of it is that the clubs actually send us their news releases festooned ( :p ) with the club logos.
Wouldn't that be ground enough for permission? Anyone can use the logos and other copyright/trademarked material as long as the owners give permission.