What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No offense but.....

Clevo

Juniors
It's about time software developers and publishers learnt that releasing an inferior product should not be supported.

The Bug list for this game has reached a stage where I have chosen not to buy this till a free patch is available to download.

Sorry but, when I buy products from a shop I expect them to work.

The acceptance and praise of the release of buggy games has become acceptable and standard now. When it wouldn't be acceptable with any other generic product.

I trust the patch will be free and not sold as an "expansion". I'll wait till then to purchase this product.

But I am please the attempt for a RL game has been made.

med37

Juniors
Absolutely agree. I've never purchased a product that has had more bugs in than this one. To take it a step further, I would be ashamed to release a product under my name which had so many defective elements in it.

We still get the lines such as "its there first try" or "they had a small budget". People seem to use these as a justification for the game including bugs.

The bottom line is when I purchase a product for $90 I expect it to be in full working order, whether it be a computer game or a spark plug for my car engine. Anything less is poor workmanship.

StHelens

Juniors
Lmao whatever. This game is fantastic, whingers like you are only a minority. The majority of people on this board are really pleased with the game, yeah it has its errors but I've had it since last Friday now and I've not noticed anything major, its great gameplay and the main bugs are things like the odd ruling, it kinda makes it realistic in a way cos not everythin in a rugby league match is perfect! Now either buy the game and support SIDHE, or jus stop moaning and give them a break!

maxpower3000

Juniors
No it's Suck ups like you that dont allow progress, sure the game is great but if ppl have objections they should be allowed to express them without being criticised by halfwits like yourself.

There are plenty of bugs that need to be fixed especially when the damn game seems to freeze up on a PS2 just when you are about to feed the ball into a scrum, it's happened 3 times already and its pissed me off!.

So yes there are plenty of bugs and they need to be fixed, however the game is great and enjoyable so it's worth putting up with a few little nuisances.

StHelens

Juniors
maxpower3000 said:
So yes there are plenty of bugs and they need to be fixed, however the game is great and enjoyable so it's worth putting up with a few little nuisances.

What I said, in a nutshell :roll: Come on get real, this is a game, it isn't real rugby league, so what if it's got a few errors? It's for entertainment and if it entertains, then it's doing its job. It aint the end of the world if it freezes is it? Bloody hell :roll: And if you're strange enough to get "pissed off" when it freezes or when a rule goes against you, keep telling yourself it's only a game, it doesn't matter (it might help :roll: )

Razor

Coach
People don't seem to realise all software has bugs when released.

EA Sports latest version of NHL (NHL 2004). Some snippets from a review highlighting bugs

Gameplay - On more than one occasion we've been hung out to dry by a goalie who meandered behind his net and became stuck there, somehow unable to return to his proper position until the next whistle. We experienced several phantom offside calls and were none too pleased to discover that the most effective defensive technique still involves hammering opponents to the ice illegally, even if they aren't carrying the puck. Sadly, the one big problem hampering every NHL upgrade to date has not been wholly rectified. As in past versions, the latest game leaves you with the feeling that the programming code exerts too much control over which scoring opportunities are successful, which are not, and, sometimes, which team will eventually prevail

Commentary - The real irritation here is the sheer number of times these guys are wrong. They'll plead for the teams to "open it up" when the score is already 5-to-5. They'll rave about a goaltender's shutout when said goalie is not, in fact, brandishing a shutout. They'll refer to the game at hand as an exhibition contest when it's, in fact, a regular season or dynasty game. You're likely to experience this sort of blatant error at least once or twice per game.

Multiplayer- Of the half-dozen contests we played via EA Sports Online, we crashed out thrice, most often during the face-off routine, and usually after we'd gone deep into a given contest. In surveying other players, we found such problems were not at all atypical.

Got it friday...have played approximately 30 games of 10 minute halves...give or take. Happy to say have had no freezes as yet at all.

Only thing that pissed me off was Ruben Wiki injuring 3 of my guys last night in 3 consecutive tackles...bastard

tHe_MaC

Juniors
The stench of suck ups is evedent in this thread. The game is good, but not fantastic. Needs alot of work. But still a pretty good base to work from for future games.

legend

Coach
CouldaBeenAnything said:
Got it friday...have played approximately 30 games of 10 minute halves...give or take. Happy to say have had no freezes as yet at all.

Only thing that pissed me off was Ruben Wiki injuring 3 of my guys last night in 3 consecutive tackles...bastard

You can't get much more realistic than that can you? :lol:

The stench of suck ups is evedent in this thread. The game is good, but not fantastic. Needs alot of work. But still a pretty good base to work from for future games.

Exactly, everyone seems to scared to say anything bad about the game in case it offends Mario or Sidhe.

Clevo

Juniors
Ea are shocking ehrn it comes to bugs and I don't buy any of their stuff either.

I'm keen to play this game but I'll wait till a patch comes out for download. That way I will play a completed game with much less bugs in it.

As soon as the patch is announced I will buy the game.

ripper

Unknown Pleasures said:

Exactly, everyone seems to scared to say anything bad about the game in case it offends Mario or Sidhe.

I don't care if I offend them, Let EA Sports develop it.

And before you mention Rugby 04 that was HB who actually developed it, EA just published it.

Matt M

Juniors
Clevo said:
Matt M said:
I haven't found one single bug in the game yet, its all been working very well for me.

O Matt...the hundred others must all be wrong then.

:roll:

I'm just saying mine is fine and I haven't found a problem yet. I never said the other peoples would be perfect too.