What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No offense but.....

incredible_holc

Juniors
oh ripper get over madden. Im suprised that you have actually played it that much the way you go on about it, it sounds like the disc spends far too much time on your........... i wont finish that, but just get over it.

ripper

Because Madden is the Pinnacle of Sports games, and some of you nutters are comparing this to that.

The Q Facor

Juniors
Clevo said:
Ea are shocking ehrn it comes to bugs and I don't buy any of their stuff either.

I'm keen to play this game but I'll wait till a patch comes out for download. That way I will play a completed game with much less bugs in it.

As soon as the patch is announced I will buy the game.

Ever used Windows (or most Microsoft apps)before??? Full of bugs.....have you got that? :roll: :roll:

hrundi99

First Grade
Razor said:
People don't seem to realise all software has bugs when released.

EA Sports latest version of NHL (NHL 2004). Some snippets from a review highlighting bugs

Gameplay - On more than one occasion we've been hung out to dry by a goalie who meandered behind his net and became stuck there, somehow unable to return to his proper position until the next whistle. We experienced several phantom offside calls and were none too pleased to discover that the most effective defensive technique still involves hammering opponents to the ice illegally, even if they aren't carrying the puck. Sadly, the one big problem hampering every NHL upgrade to date has not been wholly rectified. As in past versions, the latest game leaves you with the feeling that the programming code exerts too much control over which scoring opportunities are successful, which are not, and, sometimes, which team will eventually prevail

The only problems I've found after 30 odd games is that some of the refs calls on hooking (for example) are a bit fussy. Other than that it's been fine.

Commentary - The real irritation here is the sheer number of times these guys are wrong. They'll plead for the teams to "open it up" when the score is already 5-to-5. They'll rave about a goaltender's shutout when said goalie is not, in fact, brandishing a shutout. They'll refer to the game at hand as an exhibition contest when it's, in fact, a regular season or dynasty game. You're likely to experience this sort of blatant error at least once or twice per game.

Can't disagree too much with this.

Multiplayer- Of the half-dozen contests we played via EA Sports Online, we crashed out thrice, most often during the face-off routine, and usually after we'd gone deep into a given contest. In surveying other players, we found such problems were not at all atypical.

Haven't played multi...

Clevo

Juniors
In generall we are all to easily accepting of buggy released games. If the cunsumers shrug their shoulders at this then game publishers will just keep on releasing buggy games.

If this were an electrical product we'd be taking it back to the shop for a refund.

Then people wonder why windows crash when we all see Ok with feeding it bad coding all the time.

It's a general policy with mine even more so now to wait a month and keep an eye on what consumers say.

Munky

Coach
Don'y get me started on EA.

Lets compare some of their non sporting titles.

007 Nighfire is their 4th attempt and still doesn't touch Rare's Goldeneye

The Medal of Honour series isn't fit to sit on the same shelf as Operation Flashpoint. (Made by a small Czech developer.)

The Need For Speed Series? Hasn't evolved since 1995 and has been surpassed by every arcade racing game.

The Harry Potter games? Zelda they aint.

Command and Conquer lost its way.

PONGIA

Juniors
i dont understand y u all waste ur time arguing wit ppl that say the game is shit... if u dont think it is y does wat they say matter 2 u?

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
Ill say this much.This game is the best i have got and have ever played.Sure it aint perfect but those who keep jerking over EA should go ask them to make a Rugby League game instead of just continually rubbishing the great effort that Sidhe have put into this one.I sick to death of hearing about Madden.I bought it too see what all the fuss was about and its boring as hell.Sure it has better cut scenes and more options than Rugby League but the actual gameplay is not half as much fun and exciting as Rugby League.

I have the PS2 version and havnt had one freeze in 5 days of playing it every night.I just do not understand how anyone does not think this is a great game.Maybe if people hadnt put Sidhe under enormous pressure to release it then the small errors in the game may not of been there.

Right,its 1-30am and i love this game so much,im going having a game before i go to bed.

ngunity

Juniors
Regarding Bugs:
Of course the 1st Rugby League game of any developer can't be perfect and Sidhe, etc did a bang up job on a lot of things. But I find it ridiculous that people can say "so what about the problems" or "The best game I've ever played". Sure it's League, what we've all been hankering for since ARL 96, but the fact remains we pay $90 to get a product that still should be in BETA testing for some of it's GLARING problems.
Rugby League gives us a chance to play a rugby league game which is awesome, but it's total BS to talk this one up and rate it more than about a 7, it's got WAY too many problems

Regarding EA:
EA can do horrible things, and stupid things, but they do get things right and they've learned from LONG experience. Their graphics, in game physics, and motion-capturing to produce lifelike movements are second to none.

Regarding Madden:
Sure Gridiron is a crap variant of Football compared to League. Players don't even play both Attack and Defense (pussies). But for the actual feel of playing a sport on PC MAdden is streets ahead of anything I've seen. I've played 2002-2003-2004 Madden virtually without a break for 2-3 years now, it's a REALLY good game.

Conclusion: If Sidhe builds a new RL game each year, building on the last one like EA, then all you clowns who love this one will have your minds blown by how good a sports game can be. (combination of best sport and good game (not a buggy one))

Clevo

Juniors
There would have been cionsiderable pressure to release the game by the 1st of December.... then there was that 2 week delay.

The 1st of December is the end of the Second financial quater and just before Xmas of course. A release in January would have meant a need for title change cause no less would have bought a game called NRL 2003 in 2004.

StHelens

Juniors
ngunity said:
Regarding Bugs:
Sure it's League, what we've all been hankering for since ARL 96, but the fact remains we pay $90 to get a product that still should be in BETA testing for some of it's GLARING problems.

It seems as though most of you people questioning the game are more bothered about the little niggly bugs than actually having the game and getting enjoyment out of it. The people moaning about the bugs have lost sight of what the game is actually about and that's entertainment. Oh no a few bugs, you might not win every game, the game might stall every leap year(!) So bloody what?! I enjoy it and the majority of people on here do.

P.S The word cheapskate springs to mind for some people (*cough* Clevo and nguity *cough*) :roll:

EWS

Juniors
I would have paid $200 for this game. For those of you whinging about your measley $90, go and get a refund and buy RUgby 2004.

The game is not perfect, but hardly and games on their first attempt are. We all knew the game was going to have bugs in it, and there are games that are a lotbuggier than this one.

At first, people were just telling Mario/Sidhe what the bugs were so they could improve on it. Now people are just whinging.

[furrycat]

Coach
EA's latest games have been terrible... and they have been doing it for a LOT longer than HES and Sidhe... Sidhe did a fantastic job on their first attempt! All of these problems that people have nit-picked, I think are just silly.
"OH THE PLAYERS DONT LOOK REAL!"
...Who really cares? Fifa 2004 has great graphics, but the gameplay is bad. With a small budget, I would rather have a great playing game that looks fair, than a great looking game that plays like a dog..

Clevo

Juniors
furry the reason EA release buggy games because people accept that...just look at EWS' attitude.... he doesn't care if it has a few bugs.

[furrycat]

Coach
Yes but the fact still remains that you've complained about it... It is their first attempt at a real game. If you want to make a patch and fix them because it is so easy in your mind, by all means email mario for him to send you the source code.

Clevo

Juniors
Furry it has nothing to do with first game or second game.... it has a lot to do with pride in workmanship and a stronger desire to release something complete instead of the importance placed on the bottom line.

This game would have sold just as much after Christmas than before. Publishers push developers too hard for the buck. But the fact remains developers sell their souls to get a publisher. That's business and it's got to the stage the consumer accepts incomplete products when it comes to software. Sorry but I don't. This is not a complaint about Sidhe in particular but the general software industry in general.

While I watch the bug list grow (and I have seen worse bug lists than this) I'll wait for a patch to come out. Then I will know that Sidhe are serious about this game.

Sean7

Juniors
StHelens said:
ngunity said:
Regarding Bugs:
Sure it's League, what we've all been hankering for since ARL 96, but the fact remains we pay $90 to get a product that still should be in BETA testing for some of it's GLARING problems.

It seems as though most of you people questioning the game are more bothered about the little niggly bugs than actually having the game and getting enjoyment out of it. The people moaning about the bugs have lost sight of what the game is actually about and that's entertainment. Oh no a few bugs, you might not win every game, the game might stall every leap year(!) So bloody what?! I enjoy it and the majority of people on here do.

P.S The word cheapskate springs to mind for some people (*cough* Clevo and nguity *cough*) :roll:

Hmmm... your logic intrigues me. So they're cheapskates because they'd rather spend $90 on a higher quality games that they may enjoy more.

The words ignorant prick spring to mind for StHelens.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Sure there are a fair amount of bugs in this game but it is playable.

The reason why SOME of you people don't bag it is because its a RUGBY LEAGUE game, if it was some other mode of rugby :twisted: you would be bagging the tripe out of it.