What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No one gives us a chance

aquiin

Juniors
Absolutely.....and for the record I was at that GF.......Balmain led by Peter Proven.....awesome effort by the Tigers

Biggest beat up of a game ever. Revisionism even, given what is always discussed about the game.

Balmain were all over them on performance alone in the first half.

ouryears

Bench
Absolutely.....and for the record I was at that GF.......Balmain led by Peter Proven.....awesome effort by the Tigers

Hey I was cheering Balmain on as a young boy, but I knew what was going on, slowing game down to snooze rest..... but good on the TIGERS!
We will come up with something to stuff the Rabbits, just hope it’s awesome defence and mesmerising attack.

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench
WELL I GIVE US A BIG CHANCE .james graham and his assistants do a job on the wabbits pack ,ben hunt kicks us into a very attacking situation ,and the rest of the red hot dragons .dine on cooked wabbit ...........love it GO THE BIG BIG BIG RED VVVVVVVVV
Like last week, I am tipping an AMBUSH, Dragons by 8
Souths players have come out and said they can only be beaten by being over confident.
They will soon learn the meaning of the word outplayed!!
Goodnight and goodbye Rabbits.
Book ya plane and motel for Monday, you are gornneee!

Gareth67

First Grade
The big question for me is who will the footie gods side with. Early injury to a Burgess or heaven forbid a send off for a high shot and the whole completion of the game changes.

I can see one or two of those coming from Burgess , more then likely aimed at our man Simms or even Benny Hunt . Just hope that should anything eventuate that the blokes in the middle take the appropriate action .

Gareth67

First Grade
Hey I was cheering Balmain on as a young boy, but I knew what was going on, slowing game down to snooze rest..... but good on the TIGERS!
We will come up with something to stuff the Rabbits, just hope it’s awesome defence and mesmerising attack.

Good for you ouryears , I think just about every man and his dog ( other than the wabbit fans ) was cheering for the Tigers that Saturday afternoon . A great win by the underdogs and everyone loves them to win - our Dragons to emulate them tomorrow.

blacksafake

First Grade
I watched the replay of Sunday’s game last night and seriously the whole 17 played out of their skins.

Don’t think it’s been noted enough that we played the last 25 mins without Widdop, Graham and JDB. That left us 1 reserve for the last quarter of a semi final where fatigue comes to get you.

Brisbane scored 2 quick tries and Suncorp was rockiing. And we repelled them and actually extended our lead. It was an amazing effort.

If we can at least repeat the effort, I’ll be happy regardless of the result. Not expecting too much without Widdop and Vaughan but we’re still a big chance.
Your comments about the last 25 minutes of that game are spot on gibox71. They were my comments at the time too. That effort should not be understated in the circumstances. I’ve no doubt if any of the other sides still left in the semis had done that the commentators would have spoken ad nauseoum about it.

nontime111

Juniors
I had a dream 3 weeks back that an injury bought LOMAX into our team, who then with perfect timing, went on you BLITZ all 3 finals and star in each game to WIN us this years GF!!

GO DRAGONS!!!!!!!! weve spanked ALL 3 teams in our way this year LETS DO THIS!!!!!

epDragon62

First Grade
I had a dream 3 weeks back that an injury bought LOMAX into our team, who then with perfect timing, went on you BLITZ all 3 finals and star in each game to WIN us this years GF!!

GO DRAGONS!!!!!!!! weve spanked ALL 3 teams in our way this year LETS DO THIS!!!!!
That’s what you dream?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
That’s what you dream?
lucky him..

my one last night was more like this:

dACpwNR.png

Dragon Blood

Juniors
I watched the replay of Sunday’s game last night and seriously the whole 17 played out of their skins.

Don’t think it’s been noted enough that we played the last 25 mins without Widdop, Graham and JDB. That left us 1 reserve for the last quarter of a semi final where fatigue comes to get you.

Brisbane scored 2 quick tries and Suncorp was rockiing. And we repelled them and actually extended our lead. It was an amazing effort.

If we can at least repeat the effort, I’ll be happy regardless of the result. Not expecting too much without Widdop and Vaughan but we’re still a big chance.

You started a sentence with “And” So your post doesn’t count!!!

‘Nah Na Na Nah Nah Na Na Nah..... say Googbye” :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Leilua only played the last 25 minutes and was inspirational I thought.
Made some great runs and ultimately scored the try that sealed the win.
I thought all the young brigade inspired the rest of the team with their energy and enthusiasm.
Our right side defence never looked so secure.
The end result was a strong finish to the game, no sign of capitulation or choking.
Just got on with it and ultimately iced the game.
I thought the Brisbane defence was pretty poor. Souths will be a different proposition but match their forwards and anything is possible.

jak

Bench
if nothing else this year has been a fun ride, some of our kids are getting a LATE chance to shine. all we need is 2 more weeks that's all. best of luck to all our players and you guys.go SAINTS

DC_fan

Coach
I will be stunned if we don’t beat you guys. But don’t give up hope. No game is ever a given. May the best team win tonight. I just hope it’s the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs

BLM01

First Grade
Yes I get it. There is a reason we are even higher odds to win than last week given our form in the back half of the year, injury to Widdop and others and did you see how well Souths played last week.Yes we played great but the media excuse was the Broncs were shit and took us too lightly....so a win this week may turn the media and our view around on this sqaud.
Hiding to nothing I say..but if we happen to jag a win and get through to a GF qualifier then I believe that is a huge achievement despite what has gone on this year and my thoughts which I expressed regularly (mostly negative) about how Mary conducts himself in the press and as a game day coach.
I have to watch on a background TV with the sound down tonight as we have our league's club presentation night. Maybe that may be a good thing.......but whatever go the mighty DRAGONS and at the very least make a game of it and surprise us all by taking us on a ride with a showdown with the Chooks where I like our chances better than tonight.

possm

Coach
Like last week, I am tipping an AMBUSH, Dragons by 8
Souths players have come out and said they can only be beaten by being over confident.
They will soon learn the meaning of the word outplayed!!
Goodnight and goodbye Rabbits.
Book ya plane and motel for Monday, you are gornneee!

Souths fans up here in Brisbane are already talking about next weeks game against the Roosters being much easier for them because Mitchell will be out suspended. They hate the Roosters.

So I said in a quiet voice, 'I'm guessing that means you are supporting the Dragons next week. Some too think to understand!

Latest posts