What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No salary cap whatsoever - would it be so bad?

natheel

Coach
Old natheel, you've been on ignore but some of your posts i've seen since taking you off are gold. Your a funny guy.

You are truely scared of the Dogs and so you should be. The eels are a joke. To bag the panthers is a joke when your club is in a far worse situation then theres. They have lost some stars (they had some to lose) pawwamatta have nothing outside of Hayne. He might do the runna himself if ricky tells him he doesn't rate him a fullback like he did in origin for the past few years.

Panthers are rebuilding, they have added FAR better players to their roster then the eels this year with Sika, Brown, Whare, Sereyago just off the top of my head. Who is pawwas prize recruit? They went for about 20 and landed Lussick. He will be a great help for Sandow!

If you seriously think the Dogs are going to have to let go Reynolds to add JT you really are clutching badly.

You asked would I let all those players go. Why would I? There is no need. Merely pointing out that there is PLENTY of money available to land whoever the club wants. Provided the player wants to join them. With Des & the club going forward i'd imagine most would prefer to.

You might hate the idea of it, you might say it won't happen. Though there is comments today as I said stating someone close to the deal is saying IF he leaves the Cowboys his preference is to go to the Dogs PURELY because he sees them as a genuine title chance. Why wouldn't he. Morris, Barba, Tony Williams, Kasiano, Perrett, Inu, Graham, Ennis ALL under contract for a couple seasons at least. Great kids coming through and a few of them wrapped up already.

It also says the Dogs are prepared to throw the 1 mil a year at him. Have a real think. Halatau, Turner won't be extended unless its for peanuts. They would be on a nice little pocket say 200k? Payne was on 160k as reported earlier... That is without discussing Hodkinson who you quote at 300k, I said it was reported and been said multiple times at 280k. Keating re-signed for a 2 year deal with 1 year in the clubs favour. He left the eels on 6 figures. He wouldn't of gone backwards.

That is PLENTY of money without even discussing the 3rd party, salary cap increase for 2013 and 2014. The club has already said they are not buying a replacement for Payne. That gives his amount, the cap increase for this year to extend people. An article on the Dogs & Thurston & Reynolds has stated the manager of Reynolds and the Dogs will sit down the DAY AFTER the new cap increase is all official. That means we could extend him this year, fatten up his pay packet alot and still upgrade his future years and works in our favour because its less to pay him in 2014. Same with some other youngsters i'd expect.

Then after all that we still have Pritchard who i'd think most would agree who has been great but is not a young player anymore, he is not hitting his prime and he is a forward. Someone who could be easily covered if lost by Tony Williams. Who is in his prime and under contract for years to come. He is on 400k reportedly our highest paid player outside of Tony Williams.

Eastwood, Tolman another two pretty well paid players that give us more options.

Realistically if we land JT it will be at the expense of Hodkinson, Keating, 3rd party, Salary cap increase for 2014.

Halatau & Turner move on for 2014 and the 2013 cap increase and Reynolds and a few other kids are easily covered for extensions. Tolman & Eastwood won't be demanding a huge upgrade and should also be easily covered.

I can understand why you find it so hard to understand. Though it's real easy. We don't have a halfback that is garbage at 500k. Hell Hodkinson & Keating together would be close. We don't have Hayne on 600k+ (yet to be extended), Hoppa coming on 700-800k+ and a bunch of other overrated hacks like Lussick on 200k+!

lol no

Panthers have had to let go

Jennings, Gordon, Lewis plus 3rd party and salary increase. Seriously have a think. Please put me back on ignore. You keep claiming i'm 'clutching' but seriously if you think you have to release 2 mediocre halves to sign a champion then you really have something wrong in ya head. He will most likely stay in NQ and i hope he does.

Mate stop trying to shout out figures. you have absolutely no idea what players are on! You are a joke on this forum. Do us a favour and go

problem with you DB is if ANYONE not just me talks ill of the dogs you throw out obscenities claiming you know more than anyone about football. But if someone bags another club you agree with them. you would have to be the most biased fan on here and everyone is sick and tired of it. Why do you think alot of forumers tell you to piss off or just generally laugh at your posts? because you have no idea, you claim to know players salaries etc yet NO ONE knows that. hell not even the bloody papers who throw out numbers know the real figure. but all i can say is Keating and hodkinosn would not cover for JT to come in especially if penrith had to lose their 3 biggest stars to try to accomodate any sort of money. so have a think before you post. and please do me a favour and put me back on ignore please. You're fast overtaking Bunniesman as chief f**kwit around this forum

Last edited:

DoggiesBro

Juniors
lol no

Panthers have had to let go

Jennings, Gordon, Lewis plus 3rd party and salary increase. Seriously have a think. Please put me back on ignore. You keep claiming i'm 'clutching' but seriously if you think you have to release 2 mediocre halves to sign a champion then you really have something wrong in ya head. He will most likely stay in NQ and i hope he does

Do I really need to teach you everything?

Panthers books have been well documented as an absolute shamble. They had 5 players on STUPID money. Still have Grant, McKendry, Coote on massive bucks. They were saying before Jennings left they were going to ask someone to take a pay cut or piss off. The cap increase saved that. Think mate, Lewis + Jennings would of been on close to 1.5mil between them! Not even discussing Gordon.

The Dogs (prior to T Williams) highest paid player was Pritchard on 400k! The panthers also have let go these players and replaced all bar Jennings. Go look at their imports for the year. Just off the top of my head Whare, Sika Manu, Naqama, Sereyago, Lewis Brown. They have bought a bucketload of players. Some hardly that are going to come for peanuts.

The Panthers have a plan, they are going ALL OUT for JT and most likely another star or two. Jennings was never worth 800k (much like Hoppa isn't) however Gould didn't make that contract and when he saw the payments hes getting he was furious. It's half the problem.

The Dogs don't have massively overpaid players. We have one bloke above 500k when most clubs have a few!

It is REAL simple mate. The panthers outside of Jennings have spent some money, Jennings will obviously give them plenty. Cap increase etc. However as i've said 4-5 times now the Dogs can spend just as big if they choose too. Though in reality and being published already the 1million a year figure isn't like losing half our squad like your making out. Salary cap increase, 3rd party that gives us almost half of it there. Hodkinson, Keating would be close to 500k there. Your really trying to make out that Pritchard at 400k and Halatau, Turner, Eastwood, Tolman all need to go?

Some clubs have been managed well. It's why a great coach why Des wants to come.

Hope this helps inform you a bit.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
Do I really need to teach you everything?

Panthers books have been well documented as an absolute shamble. They had 5 players on STUPID money. Still have Grant, McKendry, Coote on massive bucks. They were saying before Jennings left they were going to ask someone to take a pay cut or piss off. The cap increase saved that. Think mate, Lewis + Jennings would of been on close to 1.5mil between them! Not even discussing Gordon.

The Dogs (prior to T Williams) highest paid player was Pritchard on 400k! The panthers also have let go these players and replaced all bar Jennings. Go look at their imports for the year. Just off the top of my head Whare, Sika Manu, Naqama, Sereyago, Lewis Brown. They have bought a bucketload of players. Some hardly that are going to come for peanuts.

The Panthers have a plan, they are going ALL OUT for JT and most likely another star or two. Jennings was never worth 800k (much like Hoppa isn't) however Gould didn't make that contract and when he saw the payments hes getting he was furious. It's half the problem.

The Dogs don't have massively overpaid players. We have one bloke above 500k when most clubs have a few!

It is REAL simple mate. The panthers outside of Jennings have spent some money, Jennings will obviously give them plenty. Cap increase etc. However as i've said 4-5 times now the Dogs can spend just as big if they choose too. Though in reality and being published already the 1million a year figure isn't like losing half our squad like your making out. Salary cap increase, 3rd party that gives us almost half of it there. Hodkinson, Keating would be close to 500k there. Your really trying to make out that Pritchard at 400k and Halatau, Turner, Eastwood, Tolman all need to go?

Some clubs have been managed well. It's why a great coach why Des wants to come.

Hope this helps inform you a bit.

i'll start reading your posts when you stop being an ignorant arse.

just give up. you're a joke.

i honestly think he will stay a cowboy anyway so i'm just going to stop it at that because you obviously don't give a shit of anything anyone says unless its your own thoughts. so see ya please block me

natheel

Coach
i have now ignored him. sick and tired of going back and forth and he not even attempting to listen to any sort of logic.

so here's my tip

Thurston to stay a cowboy...with them losing Johnson, Tate and maybe another in Graham

eozsmiles

Bench
When people say "they get the cap upgrade and that helps pay for JT" it doesn't take into account that every player in the comp wants an upgrade and the minimum wage players are guaranteed an upgrade. I think it goes from $55k to $80k next year. If a club has 8 players on the minimum then $200k of the increase is gone before you even talk to Sammy A about JT.
Nor does it consider players getting paid a % of the cap rather than a wage or having cap increases inked into their deals. Big name players who have recently changed clubs like Lewis or T Rex would almost definitely be getting a pay rise with each cap increase.

natheel

Coach
Never said it wasn't his preference if he left .I said he will stay with cows...why don't you start actually reading posts

I think they (dogs) will need to lose more than you claim to lure him back. It's his last contract so will be wanting to get a huge offer.

But I still think he will stay up north. Now stop being an immature twat saying I'm wrong because I'm not as I never denied that report. Clueless

But please don't let the truth of what I ACTUALLY said get in the way of your deluded posts. The only thing I referred to salaries and contracts was that dogs will need to lose more than hodkinson and Keating to even be in the ball park to get thurston.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
Plus dogs have states their first preference is to resign Reynolds yes?

Hodkinson was signed to manly by des yes?

I think IF hodkinson fires this year the dogs will pull the plug on thurston and go for the long term and cheaper option

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Plus dogs have states their first preference is to resign Reynolds yes?

Hodkinson was signed to manly by des yes?

I think IF hodkinson fires this year the dogs will pull the plug on thurston and go for the long term and cheaper option

LOL look at you clutch.:lol::lol:

Deadset first it was Panthers, then telling me how much they need to release. That dogs can afford it. Bla bla bla.

I explain the basics of the Panthers salary cap problems (due to the fact so many were overpaid) and the fact they have bought so many players already. Now you jump to Hodkinson. Hodkinson was not kept at Manly BY DES.

He has not lived up to ANYTHING of his 280-300k price tag. If that close to 1/3 of what Thurston is needing the salary cap increase, third cap party & Keating are sure as shit worth letting him go for that.

However as I've said many many times now this is all if JT does leave the Cowboys, which is what i've said, while you've been dribbling on about going to the Panthers.

Shame you got embarrased by a quote again!

Surely as an eels fan your use to that by now though (being embarrased)

natheel

Coach
Wtf is with you and clutching? How am I clutching! I said dogs will need to offload more than what you say they will! Which I stand by that. I also said I think he will stay at cowboys which I also stand by that

Is it not reported the dogs want to keep Reynolds an he is the priority right now? Yes

Manly let hodkinson because dogs offered too much but manly weren't happy to lose him.

Des praised him at his time at manly.

How am I embarrassed? Seriously stop trying to put words in my mouth this is getting tiresome and pathetic!

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Wtf is with you and clutching? How am I clutching! I said dogs will need to offload more than what you say they will! Which I stand by that. I also said I think he will stay at cowboys which I also stand by that

Is it not reported the dogs want to keep Reynolds an he is the priority right now? Yes

Manly let hodkinson because dogs offered too much but manly weren't happy to lose him.

Des praised him at his time at manly.

How am I embarrassed? Seriously stop trying to put words in my mouth this is getting tiresome and pathetic!

The only thing that is pathetic is your lack of knowledge with football.

First you said Panthers now staying at Cowboys. Was "no chance" of going to Dogs. Your all over the shop. You rant about how the panthers had to let go Jennings, Lewis, Gordon salary cap etc to get JT. I point out how Gus took over and was furious with their money and Grants, Cootes and McKendrys aswell. How they were told to take a pay cut. How he has bought a bunch of players a few of them internationals in Sika, Whare, Brown.

You rant about the Dogs have no chance and can't afford it. Yet I again break down the reality and you lose it. The dogs can easily afford to match the price. You can pm me your little drama queen messages but it doesn't change anything.

The reason I say your a clutcher is cause you are. Your now saying the Dogs are going to keep Hodkinson over JT, what DRUGS are u smoking? Des praised him when he left Manly? Wow cause its a rare thing for a coach to bag a player leaving for more money after his first year. The only time you hear bad comments is in a release and even then its a rare blow up. Des has proven to be one of the best coaches in the league. He would of known exactly what he was doing. Do you really think the Dogs are showing JT round for the fun of it? Do you really think that both halfs (Hodkinson & Keating re-signed on a 2 year deal with a 1 year favour in the clubs option) is by chance? Do you really think the club is saying they are going to sit down with Reynolds after the day the cap is all confirmed and that they are still planning to focus hard on JT for the fun of it?

Your clutching on about the Panthers being in a bad state yet your club is far worse, they are rebuilding your building around Sandow. Panthers are losing their stars because of the overpriced figures they are on and building around them with solid players to make a good squad. Eels are committing those stupid choices now e.g Hoppa on 800k. I understand your frustration seeing the club you support continually miss out on everyone worth having, unless completely overpaid though you just gotta stop the dribble.

Last edited:

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Hey Mods! Any chance of returning the thread to its original intent?

I know it's the off season, but this cripple fight has gone on long enough.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Hey Mods! Any chance of returning the thread to its original intent?

I know it's the off season, but this cripple fight has gone on long enough.

He's a cripple?

I'll stop pointing out how stupid he is then. Feel bad for him. Eels fan to boot? Ouch. I'll stop right after this. Below is a quote from the cripple

I clearly said that JT will stay at cowboys did I not? I clearly said that if penrith needed to lose their stars to even move room in their cap to get close to thurston then bulldogs will have to move more than Keating an hodkinson did I not? And other people were saying the exact same f**king thing! I never threw figures of contracts out there like you did. I never denied that IF thurston left cowboys dogs would be his preference. Yes before a couple days ago I thought penrith would sign him

So you clearly said JT will stay at the Cowboys? Yes you said panthers would sign him? LOL OK. So I will say that the Eels might sign someone of note some day in the future, they might not. I can't lose. Good one nuffie.

Seriously mate, where did the Panthers say they had to release all these players to get JT? I must of missed that? I recall the Panthers & Gus saying that he was shocked by the money a few people were on from Jennings, Lewis, Grant, McKendry, Coote etc. I recall them losing a chunk of them asking them to take a pay cut, dropping them etc. I recall them signing a BUNCH of players already. No where is it said they had to drop most likely the best part of TWO million to get JT. They did it for rebuilding. Cutting players on OVER PRICED figures. If your club could learn from this they might take a few steps in the right direction (Sandow) and might stop making that mistake (Hayne & Hoppa). You might soon also realise that this is why the Dogs CAN make a play like this. We don't have two players taking up 1.5mil. If JT did join, we might. Though until then WE DON'T.

Maybe you will stop letting your butthurt effect your view and get over the fact that the Dogs are a far better ran and far better positioned club then your spoon boys. Back on ignore you go. I'm sick of schooling you.:lol::lol::lol:

natheel

Coach
Didn't even bother reading that because you are a joke and miller is right you can only ever have the last word

Not going to bother with you

As miller stated I made my point so clearly other forumers know what I was getting at

But you didn't or just too blue and white blinded to even contemplate someone saying dogs won't land a player they are after

But before I go

Yes I changed my mind on where I thought he would go...based in what I was reading now I think he will stay at nth qld and I hope he does

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Lol thought i'm on ignore? Thought you didn't read it? Deadset your an absolute liar and a pathetic clueless clown.

No wonder people call you a cripple.

Spoon given you splinters mate!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Going back to OP if there was no salary cap which clubs would dominate? Aside from the Broncos of course.

Latest posts