What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No super league on Sky

ozenzud

Juniors
Does anybody know the reason why Sky NZ is not showing the Superleague this season?

This is the time of year when I watch all the Superleague games as they don't conflict with the NRL....and I get away with it i.e. the missus doesn't come into the lounge and sigh at me watching ANOTHER bloody league game.

But what is going on?

Micistm

Bench
Back when I wasn't on sky I would've been stoked...but I guess part of me is pleased that families who can't afford sky are getting some FTA League...
It's just a shame there couldn't be some compromise here- Say Sky do the live feed and sell delayed rights to MTV or something like that. It is annoying MTV get the rights but then squander them by not showing live games. Seems dumb.

SilentOne

Juniors
I'm pissed off, I have no reason to watch delayed Super league on the Maori channel and to top it off it's not in HD....

ozenzud

Juniors
I'm OKish with MTV getting it. I thought it wasn't on at all. Donesn't matter if they arn't live, I record most of the games anyway. Looked at the TV guides and couldn't see it and didn't look at MTV.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Been in touch with Sky today

They don't have the World Club Challenge, so we are not getting it live. Gutted. Is on Maori TV delayed though

Micistm

Bench
Seems so crazy to go for the rights and then just waste them. If they aren't on air that early IMO it makes sense to do a deal with another channel, so it can be seen live and at the delayed times.
When it gets to finals times this will really expose it. You want finals and games like World Club live.

what ever

Juniors
well i have really enjoyed all three games so far - and they are far from sh*t. I am more annoyed that SKY in england only do two games a week - so unable to pick a favorite team from watching them weekly. Damn!!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I tuned in last night to watch, was really looking forward to it. 5 mins later it was turned off

Is the Maori commentary a permanent thing ? made it unwatchable for me tbh, and annoyed even more that the World Club Challenge this weekend will probably be ruined as well

Seriously, I presume they paid big money for this, and well done to them for getting it. Why then would you change the commentary to a language that the massive majority of NZ can't understand

Rich102

Staff member
Funny. I watched a game in the weekend and the commentary was in english.

shiznit

Coach
I tuned in last night to watch, was really looking forward to it. 5 mins later it was turned off

Is the Maori commentary a permanent thing ? made it unwatchable for me tbh, and annoyed even more that the World Club Challenge this weekend will probably be ruined as well

Seriously, I presume they paid big money for this, and well done to them for getting it. Why then would you change the commentary to a language that the massive majority of NZ can't understand
you must have watched the Te Reo version of it...

the one i caught had the SKY UK commentary team.

ohh and just so no ones confused... Maori TV are showing the World Club Challenge Live and exclusive at 8:30am on Saturday morning.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
you must have watched the Te Reo version of it...

the one i caught had the SKY UK commentary team.

ohh and just so no ones confused... Maori TV are showing the World Club Challenge Live and exclusive at 8:30am on Saturday morning.

Was on the normal Maori TV, channel 19, gives me hope that it was only a 1 off thing !! :lol:

Is that confirmed with the World Club ? Should be able to sneak the 1st half in before cricket if that is the case, and live would mean I could understand the commentary

Micistm

Bench
Yep I turned over to it too last night- It was deffo the usual MTV not Te Reo. Is it possible they're doing the Sat broadcast english the mond ones in moari? I did catch it the weekend of the All Stars game and that was english, with the usual steveo and sidekick doing it.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
Yes Maori TV are showing the World Club Challenge Live at 8:30am on Saturday morning with UK commentary.

I don't really care Sky lost the rights for Super League, as long as they get the NRL.
Super League is boring some times. Now it's free to air which isn't a bad thing.

SilentOne

Juniors
I couldn't watch it, the picture quality of it was absolutely disgraceful. Will have to try and source HD games from somewhere.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
What a farce.

This sucks, i quite liked waking up to SL on in a morning watching all the older warriors :crazy:

Micistm

Bench
Yes Maori TV are showing the World Club Challenge Live at 8:30am on Saturday morning with UK commentary.

I don't really care Sky lost the rights for Super League, as long as they get the NRL.
Super League is boring some times. Now it's free to air which isn't a bad thing.

Always good to have some FTA footie, it is harsh you need a sky sub to watch any League at all (apart from Warriors games at the family friendly time of Sunday Midnight)...as long as the Te Reo is kept to a minimum. No disrespect, it just really cuts back on the viewers, and I'd be curious as to how it affects ratings.