What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Sydney based clubs in GF

t-ba

Post Whore
Ice777 said:
Well all i can say is i'm happy that my team at least has the opportunity to win the comp and didn't bow out humiliated in straight sets ;-)

But in the end...it's all the same unless you get the Shiny Trophy...I know Manly's 9 Minor Premierships mean jack sh*t...

Ice777

Bench
t-ba said:
But in the end...it's all the same unless you get the Shiny Trophy...I know Manly's 9 Minor Premierships mean jack sh*t...

When did i mention anything about minor premierships or them meaning anything? All i did say was i'm glad we're still in with a chance of winning the comp and we were'nt bundled out in straight sets. As far as i'm concerned the MP means less than jack sh*t and it's long long gone, but then again i never said anything to the contrary.

esssee

Juniors
Steelers4eva said:
Storm won the comp and were then told, your game is not good enough for our states premier sporting facility. Soccer, Yes....Yawnion,Yes ...... Other special events (one can only guess what thats meant to mean?),yes.......But rugby league - get outta here. Like I said, nothing but insular morons.

Are you speaking of the MCG here, or Telstra Dome?

The MCG is run by the MCC, and Telstra Dome is run by a Private Company. I fail to see how these few people represent the whole State of Victoria.

As a diehard Storm fan, I have to say that NEITHER of these venues are any good for watching League at, as the seating is far too far away from the sideline. Give me Olumpic Park anyday, and when the new stadium opens, I'll fair dinkum be in Heaven.

Molly said:
IMO the AFL has grown as a commercialty attractive business on the back of bcoming a truly National game, and the last 2 (this will be 3 in a row) GF's featuring non Victorian clubs has had a huge influence in this perception growing, positviely impacting in their growing commercial appeal. (Think TV rights at least)

FOR F#CK SAKE, every second f#cking thread in here these days uses comparisions with us and bloody AFL. If I see another one I think I'll spew up.

I'll forgive molly as I assume being a storm fan he could be from Melbourne. But this is getting monotonous.

The majority of posters here are not followers of rules, yet we keep reading in here about how its a "national" game - NO SH!T, that it draws big crowds - NO SH!T, that it wants to capture the Sydney market - NO SH!T.

(deep breath)
To asnwer the thread question, a possible Storm Broncos grand final would not have a sydney team, but even so, the contest would still be eagerly anticipated within the Sydney league community.

If people will lose interest in a GF, it would be almost entirely becuase their team aint in it. You then might have a preference on a winner, but you wouldn't necessarily pick a Sydney team if you followed a Sydney team - you watch it for the contest.

A Broncos Storm GF would be a great contest and I for one, although gutted the Dragons weren't there, would still be as interested as if it were two other sydney clubs.

joshreading

Staff member
Here is hoping for the Sydney Swans to bow out in spectacular failure. The Storm and Broncos to make it through. The NRL and Nine to promote the GF well in all areas and we will see the higest rating GF in Rugby League history.

This is the only time in my life where I want to see thr Broncos win, but them winning will help consolidate them in Brisbane with the Titans coming in, giving RL an all round win and strength over all other sports. The swans losing will help Sydney stay focussed in League and Storm winning will give us some crucial exposure in Victoria without any local AFL sides.

GO THE STORM - Premiers 2006